[Q] Nexus 5 D820 works only on 2G

Search This thread

mistaarvim

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,
I bought a new device, Nexus 5 D820.
And I have a problem when I insert SIM regardless of which provider I have no reception (no service),
Tried to set the correct APN settings with the provider but it didn't help.
It works out only when I'm working on 2G when I return to 3G again no reception. (No LTE in my country)
what could be the problem?

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi,
And I have a problem when I insert SIM regardless of which provider I have no reception (no service),
It works out only when I'm working on 2G when I return to 3G again no reception. (No LTE in my country)

In which country do you live?

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
You tried a new sim card?

Sent by mobile telephone.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I'd try factory reset incase some obscure switch is on by mistake

Sent by mobile telephone.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi,

Did you enable 3G in settings/More/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network? Do you have 3G coverage in your area? Tried with another simcard if you can receive 3G? Tried a data factory reset or reflash the rom?

mistaarvim

Mar 26, 2014
Did you enable 3G in settings/More/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network?yes in the second that I changed it from 2G to 3G I have no signal Do you have 3G coverage in your area? yesTried with another simcard if you can receive 3G?yes Tried a data factory resetyes or reflash the romno, i'm running with the original rom?

what do you think I should do?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
what do you think I should do?

Data factory rest or reflash the factory image in fastboot, if that doesn`t help and your APN settings are correct i would RMA or claim warranty for the device, but first you could contact your operator/provider if there is an issue with their network near you or maybe you need a new simcard.

Last edited:

mistaarvim

Mar 26, 2014
**new findings , still have problem need an expert help
I found that the IMEI inside the back cover is not the same as the IMEI outside.

I tried to flash other radios - didn't help
To flash custom ROMs and 4.4 stock - didn't help
When I'm switching to 3G I can't find any network when I switch back to 2G it still not finding any network but only after restarting the phone the 2G is working.

Any options what is wrong with my phone?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
**new findings , still have problem need an expert help
I found that the IMEI inside the back cover is not the same as the IMEI outside.

I tried to flash other radios - didn't help
To flash custom ROMs and 4.4 stock - didn't help
When I'm switching to 3G I can't find any network when I switch back to 2G it still not finding any network but only after restarting the phone the 2G is working.

Any options what is wrong with my phone?

The IMEI is different because your phone most probably stolen or because fo human mistake.

Maybe your operator does not allow your phone to connect to 3G networks.

I get my nexus from austria before it got released in my country. I had LTE until my operator started selling nexus 5 too, and from that day I don't have LTE.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el