How to root 8.4 WiFi with a Mac?

Search This thread

coolqf

Sep 7, 2007
Istanbul
Question in subject line. I have a Maverick OS x computer. I've searched the net and the solutions I find are not for our tablet. I tried some solutions that were for other tablets but that was fruitless :*(

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

flymacs

Dec 5, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
Question in subject line. I have a Maverick OS x computer. I've searched the net and the solutions I find are not for our tablet. I tried some solutions that were for other tablets but that was fruitless :*(

I haven't tried it, but this might work for you: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_mondrianwifi.

I use Bootcamp and Windows 7 on my mac. Not the cheapest way but a lot easier for rooting. Also lots of side benefits to having Windows available as well.

Hope this helps.

coolqf

Sep 7, 2007
Istanbul
Are you able to root using a virtual machine? It's been several years since I tried and had a lot of problems with using them. That's why I went the Bootcamp route.

Yup. It ran like a normal windows install. I just odined root and TWRP. I ran VMware fusion 6.03 standard with Windows 7 Pro and all the latest updates. The only thing I had to change was, on the virtual machine, configure the USB ports to run in 2.0 mode.

Reactions: flymacs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you able to root using a virtual machine? It's been several years since I tried and had a lot of problems with using them. That's why I went the Bootcamp route.

Yup. It ran like a normal windows install. I just odined root and TWRP. I ran VMware fusion 6.03 standard with Windows 7 Pro and all the latest updates. The only thing I had to change was, on the virtual machine, configure the USB ports to run in 2.0 mode.