[COMPILATION] ★★★Roms/kernels/fixes/guides ALL IN ONE!★★★[31Dec2012]

Search This thread

walidhazem

Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
UltiMiuIcs is ICS-based, not GB. Yes, it says 2.4.x, but that's their weird versioning system x.y.z, where x = the last digit of the year (2), y = the month (4), z = the date. For example, 2.4.13 was released on April 13, 2012.

There ARE 2 GB-based MIUI ROMs, and both are missing from your list:
Official MIUI.us version
PyroMod

EDIT: actually, you DO have that MIUI.us version on your list...but it's under ICS AOSP! So they need to be switched!

EDIT #2: Here's some more that you're missing:
[21 JAN][ROM/WIP][AOSP] Virtuous Quattro Alpha3 4.0.3 [Kernel HTC 3.0.16]
[19.03][ROM][X Series] Virtuous S4V Alpha3 [Sense 4.0 Android 4.0.3]

thank you i will change stuff:)
edit: done!

Walidhazem, thanks for your effort on this; we've been in need of one of these threads since the last one was abandoned. Much appreciated.

Skittleys, I was about to mention the same thing. Thanks for contributing, and double-checking information.

EDIT: Also, you have the AndroidME Rom listed under guides. Should be moved to ICS Roms. Thanks again.

will do, and ur welcome
donee!!

This will be VERY useful if kept up-to-date!

Please fix the following though:

1. ARHD 6.6.3 ICS is listed under Gingerbread, Sense 3.x right now, please remove it from there
2. Please add some more indentation and white space so the categories are a bit easier to read

+thanked

will do that:) thanks everyone
done!!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: wa6000

pyramid

Apr 18, 2009
Melbourne
Hi,

Is it possible to add additional information like which existing OS can be rooted with ROM provided in your list?

For example, my sensation xe is on official 4.0.3.So which ROM can be used for this phone? etc.

This is my first post, so don't start bashing..

walidhazem

Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
Hi,

Is it possible to add additional information like which existing OS can be rooted with ROM provided in your list?

For example, my sensation xe is on official 4.0.3.So which ROM can be used for this phone? etc.

hmm im not sure what u mean, almost all roms are rooted!
and you can look around a few roms and which u like and it will probably be compatible with ur xe! i can tell if it is...

pFo-Mac

Jan 29, 2012
Seoul
Hi,

I may be unclear about what you're asking, but once you're rooted, the only real limitation regarding which ROM you can use should be your firmware. If you have yet to root, here's a VERY noob-friendly guide (the part about the Sensation is around the middle of the page; it's the Revolutionary method):

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/01/the-complete-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone-2/

Follow this guide, and you'll be ready to flash a new ROM. At that point, any of the ROM's will work, as long as you have the right firmware (ICS Roms won't work on GB firmwares. The only exception is fw 3.12, which can run some ICS Roms). Flashing a new firmware is a bit more complex than a Rom. Luckily, the first post of this thread has some guides that will make the process painless. Do your research so you know what you're getting into. My advice: Start small. Flash a ROM, explore recovery, and familiarize yourself with the basic terms and processes, so that you'll know what your doing when you're ready to move on. If you've got other questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: pyramid

pyramid

Apr 18, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks for your response.
Lifehacker link does not have option for sensation XE.
I m on sensation XE with latest ICS 4.0.3.

Revolutionary does not have option for sensation XE to S-OFF my phone.
Also i read that boot loader of XE with ICS is still locked and htcdev.com does not provide any help to unlock it.
Last week, there were some methods i saw on this forum but they were more of doing some trick with wire and phone, which i would not prefer.

seems im at X-road and don't know where to go now...

PS. my HBOOT is 1.27.0000.

Last edited:
Reactions: pFo-Mac

pFo-Mac

Jan 29, 2012
Seoul
Thanks for your response.
Lifehacker link does not have option for sensation XE.
I m on sensation XE with latest ICS 4.0.3.

Revolutionary does not have option for sensation XE to S-OFF my phone.
Also i read that boot loader of XE with ICS is still locked and htcdev.com does not provide any help to unlock it.
Last week, there were some methods i saw on this forum but they were more of doing some trick with wire and phone, which i would not prefer.

seems im at X-road and don't know where to go now...

PS. my HBOOT is 1.27.0000.

Whoops. I need to read your posts more carefully. If you're on HBOOT 1.27.0000, to my knowledge, you're SOL at the moment, as far as Revolutionary method is concerned. I'm sure it's being worked on, so keep an eye on the threads.

In the meantime, my understanding is that the htcdev site will unlock your bootloader. See here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607451&page=2

I can't verify anything, as I don't have an xe.

Last edited:
Reactions: walidhazem

duryard

Jun 15, 2010
Exeter
www.iscasilver.co.uk
Hi man and thanks for your work. Is there any chance you could share this wallpaper please.

screenshotgif.jpg

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
Any chance to post radio version and md5 please

It is not a new radio. It is 11.69A.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Any chance to post radio version and md5 please

If you want to check out a couple of newer radios than that one come over to the Sensation radio/RIL thread. Lot of people have gotten good results from the 11.72 radio/4.0.0024 RIL.

Top Liked Posts