[Q] Stable kernel

Search This thread
G

GuestK0091

Dangit, Im getting pissed constantly looking to that stupid screen without it doing anything :mad: (little rage going on overhere :))
Anymore ideas annyone? :confused:

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Dangit, Im getting pissed constantly looking to that stupid screen without it doing anything :mad: (little rage going on overhere :))
Anymore ideas annyone? :confused:

from ur previous post i can see that u have diferent filesystems for data(stl7).....try to boot it without sdcard....i'm almost 99.9% sure that it'll boot....:)...
TIP: chill, mate....rage will ruin you:p:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Kyrillos' ROM v10 GWK74 beta
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.

G

GuestK0091

from ur previous post i can see that u have diferent filesystems for data(stl7).....try to boot it without sdcard....i'm almost 99.9% sure that it'll boot....:)...
TIP: chill, mate....rage will ruin you:p:D
Sent from Galaxy
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.

Hmm, doesn't matter if I pull the sd-card out. Still no boot :(
I'm really starting to doubt myself.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
G

GuestK0091

What I'm trying to run is ICS Build 4 update 1, with the G3Mod v2.4.1 NON-OC Kernel. Thats what I think is the only way for me to run ICS without the freezing issue. It gets stuck on the kernel so I'm reflashing ICS now without G3mod kernel to check the config file, since I have no cardreader.
I really appreciate that you're trying to help me. :)

G

GuestK0091

fs.current

This is what the fs.current file says, but without the G3Mod kernel flashed (offcourse) if that makes any difference:

DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE, YOUR SYSTEM WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT
mmcblk0p2 ext4
stl6 ext2
stl7 ext2
stl8 ext2

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
This is what the fs.current file says, but without the G3Mod kernel flashed (offcourse) if that makes any difference:

DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE, YOUR SYSTEM WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT
mmcblk0p2 ext4
stl6 ext2
stl7 ext2
stl8 ext2

delete this file and try again....I think you have issue with ics filesystem...data comes with rfs filesystem....
btw: compatibilty of g3mod 2.4.1. kernel is not confirmed yet with ics though:)
or u could try to convert fs;)

Sent from Galaxy
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.

G

GuestK0091

This is getting old, still nothing. Maybe its a compatibility problem after all.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
This is getting old, still nothing. Maybe its a compatibility problem after all.

yup...maybe g3mod 2.4.1 has problems with ext2 fs...idk....maybe u should try to convert filesystems...in a way that system-stl6 becomes ext4...data-stl7-ext4 & cache-stl8-ext2....sd-ext remains ext4.....
so here is my suggeston:
flash kernel for ics...that boots up...normally:p
then use this method:
download this fsconvert file and pop it in sdcard/Android/data/g3mod/*....reboot phone:eek::p
Now this file will convert ur filesystem as mentioned above without data loss.....if you stuck at g3mod logo at boot....let it be like that at least for 20min or so...then force reboot phone (hold power key untill reboot)....now phone should boot normally....now check fscurrent file in /g3mod/* again if it's like mentioned above....if it is then it's good....now you can try to flash g3mod 2.4.1 and see if it'll boot up:)
note:
-wipe dalvik before flashing kernel!:eek:
- i don't know if this'll work on ics...but because kernel is g3mod it should do the trick:p
it's worth to try:)

Sent from Galaxy