WARNING: Dont touch Rom Manager

Search This thread

angarg

Apr 11, 2013
Bangalore
Thanks. I have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and I read a thread which says you should NOT use ROM manager on Ace. I downloaded and opened it but technically haven't used it to take back-up etc. After I read this thread, I uninstalled it - I believe my phone is not bricked?

Also, How can I take a back-up of my ROM? I saw a thread(http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=18167974) recommending to use a custom app but that's not tested. What should I do?

You help is appreciated!!

$!>

Mar 21, 2013
Bangalore
rom manager sucks

i too had used rom manager...

it hard-bricked my phone
{(u cant make it work again by using odin)
u cant go to any modes(download,recovery or any mode)
there is no response when u connect the charger.}

so i had no other go but to give it to samsung service center.
got screwed by my parents.they charged my about 4500rs.

so from my experience i wanna warn every1 not to even THINK OF ROM MANAGER!!!
if u do,RIP S5830!!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Thanks. I have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and I read a thread which says you should NOT use ROM manager on Ace. I downloaded and opened it but technically haven't used it to take back-up etc. After I read this thread, I uninstalled it - I believe my phone is not bricked?

Also, How can I take a back-up of my ROM? I saw a thread(http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=18167974) recommending to use a custom app but that's not tested. What should I do?

You help is appreciated!!
ur phone isn't bricked.brick means a condition when ur phone isn't working/switching on.

use cwm(clock work mod recovery).iv personally tried it.
the interface is sexy!!!n its 100% safe!!
cheers!!

BrandY2001

May 21, 2013
Angry

This App has destroyed my ACE!

Don´t use that.
This App is dangerous.
Many Peoples use the App an then the Garanty isn´t here.
Then we have a Problem.
How can Google Play delete the App`?!'

MeltingSnowman

Dec 11, 2011
I installed CWM recovery 5 succesfully on my Galaxy Ace and now I got into the app drawer that killing-Ace app called ROM Manager with the CWM logo on it. It's safe to uninstall that app without messing up my recovery?

hooked_on_droid

Sep 17, 2012
What that is, is the app for clockwork mod. Its safe. it allows u to reboot into recovery and make and restore back ups.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using xda app-developers app

oussAC

Nov 20, 2013
Rabat
Right

Since a last few days, I've been seeing a lot of threads in Q&A where users are complaining that their device stopped working after flashing recovery via ROM Manager. I created this thread so that people dont end up bricking their devices. ROM Manager does not work on ace. Do NOT trust any sites telling you to flash CWM recovery via Rom Manager. We have a working and stable unofficial CWM recovery already, you can download it from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18167974

Note to MOD - Please sticky this thread and copy it to Android Development section if possible.
+1
and all devs must delete this app from their custom roms

Last edited:

Gilang555

Sep 19, 2013
Surabaya
It works fine for me

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I was a flash maniac before, and sometimes i use rom manager for flashing custom rom. And it works fine...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

TrojanHorses

Jun 18, 2013
Is it illegal if the developers of custom roms remove RomManager.apk before they post their roms?

azeezh

Dec 22, 2013
how did you unbrick your phone?

ROM Manager is pretty much a fail for ALL devices. After I got my first Android, and was a n00b of rooting, I used ROM Manager to dl and flash CM7. Guess what?
Bootloop. Never touched it again. Of course, it was only a soft brick, and it was a simple fix, but since it was my first ever ROM and first ever Android and first ever root, naturally I freaked

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

yeah so my phone has been soft bricked. How do i unbrick it? I've been trying for eight hours now. read different forums but none were specific enough. PLEASE help! freaking out here

Nickston

Jan 27, 2014
Haarlem
Thanks for posting this!

I actually hard bricked my phone with ROM manager the first time I tried it. Luckily the guys over at my service centre could restore it.

ronca79

Apr 29, 2013
I didn't brick my device

maybe it's related to android version which sometimes, when upgrading, device needs to be repartitioned.

Last edited:

Angel#

Dec 15, 2020
H
Since a last few days, I've been seeing a lot of threads in Q&A where users are complaining that their device stopped working after flashing recovery via ROM Manager. I created this thread so that people dont end up bricking their devices. ROM Manager does not work on ace. Do NOT trust any sites telling you to flash CWM recovery via Rom Manager. We have a working and stable unofficial CWM recovery already, you can download it from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18167974

Note to MOD - Please sticky this thread and copy it to Android Development section if possible.

Hi I've got this phone and cwm recovery and rom manager rooted super user and after factory resetting it its now stuck on startup screen logo tried everything please help thanks

Angel#

Dec 15, 2020
I've got this phone with cwm recovery and rom manager rooted superuser and after I factory reset it using recovery it's now stuck on startup screen logo I've tried everything please help thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Shouldn't this go in General section?

POTATO!!!!
    ROM Manager is pretty much a fail for ALL devices. After I got my first Android, and was a n00b of rooting, I used ROM Manager to dl and flash CM7. Guess what?
    Bootloop. Never touched it again. Of course, it was only a soft brick, and it was a simple fix, but since it was my first ever ROM and first ever Android and first ever root, naturally I freaked

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
    Don't inatall rom manager

I too bricked my lovely ace because of rom manager ! hard brick !! had to go to service center.. don't ever use it if you love your ace.. if you want a custom rom use cwm which can be downloaded from the following thread :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1034145

press thanks if i helped...
    Yes. It's a General thread. The ROM Manager thing is posted across this forum many times, so I don't see the point of making a sticky. About Q&A questions - there always were newcomers and always will be.