[ROM] ★☆★Nocturnal NuiSense Sense 6.0|4.4.2|04/24/2014|★☆★

Search This thread

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
How do you edit the slothy.txt? For some reason I couldn't edit it, but I could overwrite it, which is basically the same thing, I know.

Anyway, for some reason, all 4 cores seem to be on all the time, and at max frequency too! Is that normal? I don't want to blow up my phone; that happened to me once.
EDIT: They're mostly always at max frequency, but scale down sometimes.

I'm currently running gru's lollipop build so I'm not much help. I never edited the slothy.txt file. I'm a believer in leaving things mostly how the dev makes them so I don't break something.

As for the four cores, did you change something in slothy.txt or with Trickster mod? I don't think both of them play nicely together.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
I'm currently running gru's lollipop build so I'm not much help. I never edited the slothy.txt file. I'm a believer in leaving things mostly how the dev makes them so I don't break something.

As for the four cores, did you change something in slothy.txt or with Trickster mod? I don't think both of them play nicely together.

Just reflashed, still the same story out of the box. I'm hoping that if everyone here has tested the v4 out, then it's safe to use :/
Oddly enough, my temperature isn't skyrocketing. I've set GSam to warn me if the temp goes above 97 F anyway.
Fingers crossed that this is some reporting error. FWIW Trickster (when I was using it), Antutu, and CPU Monitor all said the same thing. I'll try CPU-Z next.
@gruesomewolf sorry to bother you, but any comment?

EDIT: CPU-Z reports that while all cores are always fired, they rest at 384, and occasionally spike, which is fine, but is that ideal?

Last edited:

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Just reflashed, still the same story out of the box. I'm hoping that if everyone here has tested the v4 out, then it's safe to use :/
Oddly enough, my temperature isn't skyrocketing. I've set GSam to warn me if the temp goes above 97 F anyway.
Fingers crossed that this is some reporting error. FWIW Trickster (when I was using it), Antutu, and CPU Monitor all said the same thing. I'll try CPU-Z next.

EDIT: CPU-Z reports that while all cores are always fired, they rest at 384, and occasionally spike, which is fine, but is that ideal?
Use es file explorer and enable root explorer and under mount r/w just mount everything and then edit the slothy.text

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC

I would say it's ideal. The scripts I've implemented are designed to keep the cores active and ready, but idled low until called upon. This gives you the best of performance, by keeping the cores ready to perform. You wouldn't own a quad core computer where all cores stayed off all the time would ya? Well that's the way it's designed by default. The cores stay off until mpdesision wakes them, in most cases it won't until the phone has already been pushed passed its limit, causing lag. Also the cores are designed to go off during phones sleep, while also dialing back the main core during sleep, so you get the best battery life. Which is why I say my scripts offer the best of both battery and performance. You may not get the best battery, or performance, bit rather the best of both working together. As for writing to the system. You need to mount the system as rw, as is the case with any ROM. The system should not be mounted as rw by default as that's not good practice. Most all file managers (I prefer to use esfile explorer) are capable of mounting your system to rw.
Thanks for still using the ROM even though it's out dated....;)
I was gonna update to the new base, but I hear that lollipop is already in testing, so I thought it would be a waste of my time to update to what is honestly still an older version of android with 4.4.3

Last edited:

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
I would say it's ideal. The scripts I've implemented are designed to keep the cores active and ready, but idled low until called upon. This gives you the best of performance, by keeping the cores ready to perform. You wouldn't own a quad core computer where all cores stayed off all the time would ya? Well that's the way it's designed by default. The cores stay off until mpdesision wakes them, in most cases it won't until the phone has already been pushed passed its limit, causing lag. Also the cores are designed to go off during phones sleep, while also dialing back the main core during sleep, so you get the best battery life. Which is why I say my scripts offer the best of both battery and performance. You may not get the best battery, or performance, bit rather the best of both working together. As for writing to the system. You need to mount the system as rw, as is the case with any ROM. The system should not be mounted as rw by default as that's not good practice. Most all file managers (I prefer to use esfile explorer) are capable of mounting your system to rw.
Thank you very much. That was well explained.

Reactions: gruesomewolf

yayyay

Jul 23, 2010
I still run this rom as my daily even though it is "outdated". The stability and battery life are what keep me coming back. I still dabble and flash other roms but this one always gets restored within a week. Thanks for keeping the one alive gruesome!!! I can upgrade my phone but I don't because this rom still runs so good. :)

Reactions: gruesomewolf

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
So I've been running this for a couple days. I suppose the battery life on this would be good, if I could somehow reduce the wake locks I'm getting. I've never had so many connectivity related wakelocks before. Right now, I'm awake 6% of the time right now in 17 hours. 17.5 minutes of Connectivity Service wake locks. 30 mins of msm_hsic_host wakelock. Plus the phone was in airplane mode for about 6.5 hours. I have no idea how to go about reducing connectivity related wake locks. Does anyone have any tips?

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
So I've been running this for a couple days. I suppose the battery life on this would be good, if I could somehow reduce the wake locks I'm getting. I've never had so many connectivity related wakelocks before. Right now, I'm awake 6% of the time right now in 17 hours. 17.5 minutes of Connectivity Service wake locks. 30 mins of msm_hsic_host wakelock. Plus the phone was in airplane mode for about 6.5 hours. I have no idea how to go about reducing connectivity related wake locks. Does anyone have any tips?

Did you update firmware?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Did you update firmware?

I'm wondering the same thing. I know I ran the 5.05 RUU and fast boot flashed the firmware, but it's still kind of bad.

My wakelocks are down to 5%, but more than 2% of that is connectivity related. And that's with CDMA only. I'll try a stock ROM for control when I get home.

My baseband version is this:
1.01.20.0904_2

Last edited:

autogeek

Aug 25, 2012
I'm on the 1.01.20.0515 baseband which I thought was the newest. I don't have any wake locks and I think my data is pretty good. Not sure though as I'm on WiFi at home and at work. But I haven't had any issues.

So if you ran an RUU you shouldn't have to install firmware separately correct? Is it possible he ran the 5.05 RUU and then flashed an older firmware?

Or is the 904 really the latest?

Yes I still use this Rom too ?

Edit: the 5.03.651.3 firmware would match this Rom. The 5.05.651.2 is the newest though. Not sure which is recommended or if it matters.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: lambofgod13

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
I was getting some wake locks & really bad signal drops along with slow lte speeds with the 904 baseband. Went back to 1108 and it really helped.
You may be on to something. I've noticed far better battery life on 3.05 based ROMs, where the 1108 congress from, though I never really attributed it to the radio. I flashed the 1108, and I'll report tomorrow if it helps.

EDIT: Looks like it didn't help guys :/ still getting tons of wakelocks.

Last edited:

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
I've finally figured out my wake lock, some reason "voice" is always on running saying it's recording. What is this and how do i fix it? Any one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

autogeek

Aug 25, 2012
I've finally figured out my wake lock, some reason "voice" is always on running saying it's recording. What is this and how do i fix it? Any one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Voice.... Hmmm.

Google voice
Voicemail
Voice recorder

My money is on Voice recorder. It gets themed by my icon set. Some apps don't play nice with the VRtheme injector.

I never use this app so I didn't notice it doesn't work. When I open the app and try to make a recording is forced stops. But mine has never stayed running. After leaving the app open it shows up in my battery stats. It says "voice recorder" and not just "voice". I am just using the stock built in stats so maybe this is something else.

You try to freeze voice recorder with titanium and probably even remove it. I would test it by freezing first.

Reactions: lambofgod13

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
Voice.... Hmmm.

Google voice
Voicemail
Voice recorder

My money is on Voice recorder. It gets themed by my icon set. Some apps don't play nice with the VRtheme injector.

I never use this app so I didn't notice it doesn't work. When I open the app and try to make a recording is forced stops. But mine has never stayed running. After leaving the app open it shows up in my battery stats. It says "voice recorder" and not just "voice". I am just using the stock built in stats so maybe this is something else.

You try to freeze voice recorder with titanium and probably even remove it. I would test it by freezing first.

Thank you I'll give that a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] ★☆★Nocturnal NuiSense Sense 6.0|4.4.2|04/24/2014|★☆★

One_zps69d422e5.png

about.png

-Based on a system dump of 1.12.401.4 CL315407 release-keys
    -Rooted with SuperSU
    -Sense 6.0
    -Android 4.4.2
    -Kernel 3.4.10-gf84b4e8
    -De-Odexed
    -Improved virtual memory
    -Zero Compression apps
    -RAM optimizations
    -Remount rw/ro commands support
    -init.d with Busybox support
    -Hacked EPST
    -Battery Percentage Animation
    -SQL Tweaks​

Team.png

-GruesomeWolf
    -Mijjahz
    -BillBowers
    -ChongoDroid
    -Droidiac13
    -XsMagical
    -mrjaydee82
    -NineInchNails

Thanks.png

-Everyone at Team Nocturnal
    -Chubbzlou (Original System Dump)
    -Aamikam(Cause he's the man)
    -Lyapota (Original HEQ Mod
    -Dunc001(APM Mod)
    -Sixth Sense Crew (fixes in HEQ toggles for mobile data)
    -Bill Bowers (TN's Resident Themer/Modder)
    -All the HTC One Community
    -Santod(Cause I accidentally kanged his ROM's name and he is a cool guy)
    -If you feel left out...please send me a PM. We at Team-Nocturnal do not promote Kanging
    Should have an update soon. Unlocked heads up notifications....:D

1405323337457.jpg

q&a.png

Q) Does my phone need to be unlocked?
    A) Yes, with a custom recovery

Q) Do I need to be rooted?
    A) No, the rom will come rooted

Q) What does this do to my phone?
    A) It will make it cook bacon amongst other incredible features.

Q) I'm stuck at the splash screen with dialer not responding messages?
    A) Unfortunately this is very random, and doesn't seem to happen to everyone or even on every flash. Basically the phone is trying to activate itself, and the setup wizard is killing the dialer. If this happens to you just put the phone down and let it sit there. It may take a while but eventually the phone will stop trying to activate and reboot itself. It will be fine after that. Alternatively you could just try to flash again (as I said random...lol)

Q) What is not working?
    A)
    Gestures that HTC Added are not working (requires Kernel Support)

Q) So now that you have fixed everything whats left GW?
    A) Not a whole lot.​

Changelog.png

*​
    V_3
    -Rebased to 1.54.401.5 (not represented in build.prop because it breaks certain sprint features, but that is in fact the base)
    -Removed debugg code from jars
    -Added Extreme Power Saver w/toggle
    -Fixed Gallery Themes
    -Fixed PRL/Profile Updating
    -Extended Stock Quick Settings to 18
    -Fixed Flashlight Toggle Disappearing after Reboot
    -Added Adjustable HEQ's (tapping date will flip between HEQ's, HTC's Minor Quick Settings, or none)
    -Resized Prism
    -Added a menu to Prism
    -BT Fixes (needed after rebasing)
    -Added TN-Updater (here you will find mods and get ROM updates)
    -Moved boot/down animations and sound to system/nocturnal
    -I'm sure theres a ton more that I'm forgetting

V_2
    -Fixed Compass
    -Fixed Sound through the headset
    -Removed FMRadio until I find a fix
    -Fixed Sprints VVM

First Build
    -Rebuilt the boot.img (got rid HTC Logiing)
    -Added Scripts to help keep rom optimized (Database VACUUM and Re-Alignment Every 5th reboot)
    -Disabled Persistent MTP Notification*
    -Added a Roam Only Option
    -Changed Flags in Status Bar to get rid of that hideous spark icon
    -Got rid all additional debug code
    -Zero Compressed and Zip-aligned all APK's
    -Replaced the fingerprint scanner toggle with a flashlight toggle (what good does a fingerprint scanner toggle do for us...lol)
    -100% battery meter with charging animations
    -Added APM
    -Added LongPress Volume to Skip Tracks
    -Added Hack for Native Hotspot/Tethering
    -Lots of general little fixes​
    Thanks to thoughtlesskyles quick thinking....lol (thanks for the mirrors)
    The next round of NuiSence will be based off stock ota

5.03.651.3 CL337390 release-keys