Mocha FTP (Copy files from Tilt to PC via IE or FTP Client)

Search This thread

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Found this nice little freeware freeware tool for copying file off a Windows Mobile Device @ http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-mocha-ftp.html. Here is a free Windows based FTP Client; http://www.download.com/Core-FTP-LE/3000-2160_4-10195752.html.

"Mocha FTP Server gives an easy way to copy files to/from a PDA running Windows Mobile or Pocket PC 200x. It supports the standard File Transfer Protocol (FTP) features found in most web browsers and FTP client applications.

If the PDA has IP address 192.168.2.60, use following URL in Internet Explorer
FTP://192.168.2.232
and Internet Explorer will give access to all the files on the PDA.

Functionality
Supports all standard FTP commands
PASV command. The client will make the data connection (needed with firewalls)
Portrait/landscape mode
Anonymous login
Real-time monitoring of users and commands
9 different users with password protection
25 active sessions
Different access rights for users (read only mode)
Security timer, which will close inactive sessions

Freeware license key for mocha FTP Server for Windows Mobile:
License name: freeware
License key: 111425"

mocha-ftp.gif
mocha-ftp2.gif

Attachments

• wmftp.cab
    328.6 KB · Views: 638

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Great piece of software. Tested it and works pretty well. The only thing I find it problematic is the connection through bluetooth and wifi.

I tried to do a connection between my TyTN II and notebook by bluetooth. The connection work once but after that, could not work again. Yes, it was paired. Even after deleting the profile and doing a repair, it didn't work any more.

If I create a adhoc wireless network on my notebook and use my TyTN II to connect to it. Although it showed on both TyTN II and notebook showed that I was connected, the Mocha FTP prompted that network was not connected.

The only for the connection to be working correctly is when both TyTN II and notebook are connected through my home wireless network.

Any help on setting up the connection through bluetooth or adhoc wireless connection would be appreciated.

Thank you.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Great piece of software. Tested it and works pretty well. The only thing I find it problematic is the connection through bluetooth and wifi.

I tried to do a connection between my TyTN II and notebook by bluetooth. The connection work once but after that, could not work again. Yes, it was paired. Even after deleting the profile and doing a repair, it didn't work any more.

If I create a adhoc wireless network on my notebook and use my TyTN II to connect to it. Although it showed on both TyTN II and notebook showed that I was connected, the Mocha FTP prompted that network was not connected.

The only for the connection to be working correctly is when both TyTN II and notebook are connected through my home wireless network.

Any help on setting up the connection through bluetooth or adhoc wireless connection would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sadly I can't help with that. My pc doesn't have a wifi adaptor. I've only used it via usb cable sync. Maybe there's someone else out there who's had luck with what you're trying.

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
For Bluetooth:
Search for WM6BTPAN. It's a little program for the PPC that will enable the BT network access service. Run it (needs to be run once only, however if you soft-reset you need to run it again).
From the PC, connect to the network access point service on the PPC. The connection should now succeed. If yes, you're now at the same point than with Wifi.

Now in both cases the FTP connection fails because there is no DHCP server running on either machine in your small network. So there's nothing to hand IP addresses to the machines and make sure they are both in the same logical network.
The best thing to do is to configure IP addresses manually on them.

Let's go with bluetooth first as I recommend you to use that.
On the PPC, go to Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi -> Network Adapters Tab.
Click On Bluetooth PAN driver. Use Specific IP address, set IP 192.168.2.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
On the PC, go to control panel, network connection, and find the bluetooth one. Right-click, properties, double click on TCP/IP. Use specific IP address, 192.168.2.2, same mask as before.
Dismiss all, connect BT network and it should be all good.

With WLAN you can do just the same but selecting Wifi adapter instead of BT PAN driver on the PPC, and the wireless connection instead of the BT one on the PC. But, as you will need to set those back to auto when you connect to your home network so that the router's DHCP server can give access to your devices (and set everything again the next time you want to make your little network again), I recommend using BT because you'll most likely never use BT networking for anything else.

Side note, don't bother with IPs in the FTP client program, you can just enter the PPC's device name (set in settings -> System -> About) and it should reach it well.

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Of course, all you need on the PC side is an FTP client, like Filezilla for example. This won't sync anything though, just allow you to transfer files between the 2 devices like with a file explorer.

zannyboy

Jan 2, 2009
Birmingham
is there a way to use this so i can send from pc to phone? at the moment i can only send from phone to pc using internet explorer.

Blauvster

Jan 14, 2008
is there a way to use this so i can send from pc to phone? at the moment i can only send from phone to pc using internet explorer.

Yes, either use window's integrated FTP client or use a third party one such as Filezilla.

To use the windows integrated one, open "My Computer" or any file browser window, and in the address bar enter the address "ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: pppp" where the x's denote the IP address of your phone, and p's denote the port you selected with mocha. You also have to setup a user in mocha to have write privileges.

noixdarec

Oct 18, 2009
Paris
Side note, don't bother with IPs in the FTP client program, you can just enter the PPC's device name (set in settings -> System -> About) and it should reach it well.

Thank you for the instruction, that's very useful, even the little side note solved my problem!! When the phone is connected both to ActiveSync and to my home network (wifi), the device will have two IPs and Mocha FTP will not use the "192.168.x.x" one. Now there is no more problem !!

ricki332

Jan 5, 2009
Piacenza
license don't work correctly :(
I have to write it into registration window all time! Great app, but bad license :confused:

Last edited: