WAD Android theme (WVGA)

Search This thread

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
@ Mr.zeus - I'm working on other themes ATM, not converting - sorry. Maybe in future though. . . .

@NoWey - As far as I know you should be able to use this with any version of WAD, but if you have a trial period and that expires, then maybe not.

Regards
wildcardspv
:)

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
@ eczarif - You will need to install Wisbar Advance Desktop and follow the instructions in the earlier posts to install this theme. Don't forget to disable touchflo/sense from your today screen options too.

Regards
wildcardspv

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
For those who like this theme, check out my HTC Desire theme here: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820260 - personally think it's better :)

igorbr1

Mar 25, 2010
the progem icons didn't appear in slide tab...how to correct this?

Last edited:

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
@ igorbr1 -
The program icons relate to icons that I have installed and where they are installed, so as this will be different from your setup, you may need to configure your own instead.

Take a look at the next post which has an improved version, which will use your default Start Menu instead.

If any shortcuts on the main 3 pages don't work, just delete them and add your own.

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
upated version (again!!)

Heres an updated version with a few slight improvements, to improve the user experience.

- The notifications page is no longer a page, but is now a dock. I believe this gives a smoother slide effect when opening or closing the page. The text on this page has also been 'tidied up'.

- The silver button at the bottom of the main screens now just opens the standard Start Menu, rather than the 2 Start Menu pages which I previously had set up. This is quicker and easier to navigate.
*to make this work, enter Author Mode>>tap and hold silver button>>properties>>Script on tap>>Add 'Disable Launch Animation' and Launch a Program (point this to the .mscr file in the 'Mortscript Start Menu Script' folder, which is included in this attachment).

- All other Launch Animations have now been disabled, which in my opinion not only looks nicer, but speeds up loading times. You can always re-enable this via the script menus if you prefer.

- The lockscreen is now the 'first page' so if you enter Settings>>Wakeup, and tick Return to first page on wakeup, you can put your device to sleep when you need to and if it wakes up in your pocket etc, it will be on the lockscreen and therefore still be locked.

Hope you like the improvements,

Regards
wildcardspv

coltsta

Jun 11, 2010
is the lockscreen a theme for the stock winmo lock screen or is it another program?
can you please post the CAB file for the lockscreen only please?

thanks in advance and this theme looks great! :)

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
Lockscreen

@ coltsta - It's not actually a program, it's just a virtual page in WAD with sliders added to it

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
Android Start Menu (ish!!)

Hi there,

So I just discovered this thread last night:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=827006

Petititi has released a start menu replacement with a look and feel which I feel is similar to Android. It's still in beta phase so hopefully some improvements will be coming (report bugs and make suggestions on the above thread)
I'll certainly be using it, and testing any future releases too.

Read the thread carefully to see what bugs (if any) have been reported with different devices.
I'm using a TG01 running Kevin P White's TG01_KPW100707.005 ROM and it works fine for me. The only bug I had was that it couldnt display the start menu icons for FIM and Wifi Toggler properly, but I just made my own .png's for these and pointed it to them - took 5 minutes!!

Enjoy, and don't forget to thank Petititi if you like this.
Regards,
wildcardspv

wildcardspv

Sep 26, 2008
Durham
New start menu icon

Here's a new Start Menu launch icon to use in case you want it.

There's a screenshot of it in use, and a shot of the new start menu from the app I mentioned earlier.

Regards,
wildcardspv

Last edited: