Unlocking Samsung focus?

Search This thread

GSAI029

Nov 30, 2005
fastgam.com i believe and wouldnt connect to att focus the codes it asked me to put in worked on a windows 6.5 phone but not on a win 7

daniely87

Mar 24, 2008
Hi Guys! I also have an unlocked samsung focus from AT&T.

My 02 sim card works for calls and texts etc, but it won't connect to the internet via 3G. I get the 3G icon along the top of the screen, but nothing will connect.

I already called 02 and they cant text me settings for any phone other than the ones they sell (not the focus!). I couldn't find anything on samsungs website either regarding GPRS settings. How have you guys managed to get 3G on another sim? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Dan

pudds55

Mar 29, 2011
+1 for FastGSM, I used them yesterday for an AT&T branded Focus and it worked perfectly. Cheap and quick.

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
I used this compnay for a couple phones now. www.cellunlocker.net

Was cheap for me $7.99 but that was Rogers based Focus and Captivate. Might be different rate is phone is sim locked by another carrier.

All Rogers Focuses are cheaper to unlock, anywhere you look (incl. the link you provided). For AT&T a thorough search will result in fastgsm being cheapest. I've unlocked mine through them, the whole process takes less than 5 min incl payment.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
cant you just get the unlock code from at&t, i hear from somewhere, they are releasing the code sometime this month.

PaullikesWINMO

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
Hi Guys! I also have an unlocked samsung focus from AT&T.

My 02 sim card works for calls and texts etc, but it won't connect to the internet via 3G. I get the 3G icon along the top of the screen, but nothing will connect.

I already called 02 and they cant text me settings for any phone other than the ones they sell (not the focus!). I couldn't find anything on samsungs website either regarding GPRS settings. How have you guys managed to get 3G on another sim? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Dan

Would this be of any help ?
O2
APN (contract): mobile.o2.co.uk
APN (PAYG): m-bb.o2.co.uk
Username: web
Password: web

taken from http://android.modaco.com/content/z...apn-settings-for-uk-mobile-network-providers/

frillyozz

Jul 23, 2010
hi, im also thinking on buy a focus, this is what i found on google

there is also a link where u can pay 9.99 for the unlock code, is much cheaper that 33.99 on ebay

There is also an unlock code coupon you can use to save money found on that same website.

hyfeno.com/unlock-code-coupon-discount-unlock-codes/

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
I just called 611 from my phone. You can find AT&T contact number on its web site. If you're not an AT&T customer though, they don't have to give you any unlock code. The conditions are:

1. Has a post-paid AT&T account and paid all your bills on time.
2. Has the phone for over 90-days if you bought with a contract.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
well in that case, i'll let the seller, who sold me the phone to get it for me, i thought i could just phone them from hong kong and provide the imei number for the unlock code.

tacofreedom

Aug 5, 2010
Just called At&t and received an unlock code. I am not an At&t customer. I explained to them that I had just purchased the phone from a friend and was planning to use it abroad. (ebay counts as a friend right??)

They provided me with the unlock code almost immediately. The customer service rep didn't know that a non-At&t sim had to installed to activated the pin. Other than that everything went smoothly.

They may give you a longer code with #0111* followed by 8 numbers. Just enter the last 8 digits when prompted to do so by the phone after entering the non At&t sim.

SuperDeform

May 5, 2011
Just called At&t and received an unlock code. I am not an At&t customer. I explained to them that I had just purchased the phone from a friend and was planning to use it abroad. (ebay counts as a friend right??)

They provided me with the unlock code almost immediately. The customer service rep didn't know that a non-At&t sim had to installed to activated the pin. Other than that everything went smoothly.

They may give you a longer code with #0111* followed by 8 numbers. Just enter the last 8 digits when prompted to do so by the phone after entering the non At&t sim.

Ru serious? cant believe that worked

jsconyers1

May 27, 2009
Does the non AT&T SIM have to be activated prior to install? I am on AT&T.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FastGSM.

$20 USD
    i had to pay 19.99 at fastgsm.com worked flawlessly. took 30 seconds
    I wish Rogers would do something like this :(

There are codes for Rogers as well on eBay, btw. I also believe Rogers do deliver the code, if asked and all the requirements are met.
    I just used cellunlocker.net as well for my AT&T Focus that was updated to 7.5 Mango. I got my code in less that 30 seconds and it worked fine. From what I read it makes it that much easier if you have another carrier's SIM in when you enter the code. I used a T-Mobile and put the code in when it asked me.