[Q] com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.deviceAdminPhoneInf oReciever

Search This thread

alrox37

Nov 26, 2012
Ok, sooo I am new to the forum..not the tech savviest-BUT I have some questions about my new galaxy S3.

I got my phone Galaxy S3 from spring not too long ago. 1 month in dropped it in its face-completely shattered:eek:.-thankfully I had insurance.

NOW.. When I got the new phone it came back with a DEVICE ADMIN:com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.deviceAdminPhoneInfoReciever ..which has some pretty gnarly privileges- and thats an understatement-THIS **** LOOKS LIKE SPYWARE. I called my carrier and they said this is normal but I have a hunch that it is not, and anytime I meet someone with ans S3 I ask to look at their phone and they don't have it.

So on a mission to take control of my phone-I did root it, but again I'm not tech savvy so I don't really know what I can do with that..All I know is that I can NOT deactivate it even with the root. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Last edited:

alrox37

Nov 26, 2012
Ok, sooo I am new to the forum..not the tech savviest-BUT I have some questions about my new galaxy S3.

I got my phone Galaxy S3 from spring not too long ago. 1 month in dropped it in its face-completely shattered:eek:.-thankfully I had insurance.

NOW.. When I got the new phone it came back with a DEVICE ADMIN:com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.deviceAdminPhoneInfoReciever ..which has some pretty gnarly privileges- and thats an understatement-THIS **** LOOKS LIKE SPYWARE. I called my carrier and they said this is normal but I have a hunch that it is not, and anytime I meet someone with ans S3 I ask to look at their phone and they don't have it.

So on a mission to take control of my phone-I did root it, but again I'm not tech savvy so I don't really know what I can do with that..All I know is that I can NOT deactivate it even with the root. Can anyone shed some light on this??

I got to add that I called Sprint yesterday and they walked me through a hard reset--and its still on there.:confused: They are confused too

halabuloogy

Dec 3, 2010
I also have discovered the same thibg a while ago exept now it has taken conteol of my encryption possiblitlies and now I cant encrypt my device nor can I make certain screen locks like face detection for example

Reactions: astronautchick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrong Forum.

I got to add that I called Sprint yesterday and they walked me through a hard reset--and its still on there.:confused: They are confused too

Click on this link

You are in the wrong forum.
    I also have discovered the same thibg a while ago exept now it has taken conteol of my encryption possiblitlies and now I cant encrypt my device nor can I make certain screen locks like face detection for example