Only getting ~50kb/s download speed while using Bluetooth and wifi

Search This thread

xshunin

So my problem is that I only get a downstream of ~50kb/s when I am using Bluetooth. Like connected BT headphones and Youtube. If I switch to 3/4g I get normal internet speed. My router actually tells me that the device is limited to 1mbit while every other device gets their full bandwidth. If I disconnect the headphones, everything is normal as well. Headphones work fine everywhere else, even on my laptop (Also WiFi + bluetooth) I tried like everything I could do routerwise like switching channels, changing encryption. What else could I do?

I recently updated to 4.3 (from 4.2) and the problem still exists.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
So my problem is that I only get a downstream of ~50kb/s when I am using Bluetooth. Like connected BT headphones and Youtube. If I switch to 3/4g I get normal internet speed. My router actually tells me that the device is limited to 1mbit while every other device gets their full bandwidth. If I disconnect the headphones, everything is normal as well. Headphones work fine everywhere else, even on my laptop (Also WiFi + bluetooth) I tried like everything I could do routerwise like switching channels, changing encryption. What else could I do?

I recently updated to 4.3 (from 4.2) and the problem still exists.

Does your router have a Bluetooth coexistence mode? Bluetooth and WiFi are in the same frequency bands and can sometimes fight. No matter what WiFi channel you use, it's still the 2.4G spectrum, which Bluetooth stretches almost all the way across (2.4 - 2.48). Encryption is irrelevant (and maybe make speeds worse).

It does seem more like a device specific issue, though, so I would recommend setting factory defaults. If that doesn't work, you can try re-flashing an FTF, but it may actually be a hardware issue.

xshunin

Fun thing is, the it works on my laptop. It's connected via wifi and I connect my BT headphones and I get full speed on wifi. On my phone it works like a few seconds and then it switches to 1mbit. My router has no functions for BT and unfortunately it doesn't have a 5ghz mode.

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
Fun thing is, the it works on my laptop. It's connected via wifi and I connect my BT headphones and I get full speed on wifi. On my phone it works like a few seconds and then it switches to 1mbit. My router has no functions for BT and unfortunately it doesn't have a 5ghz mode.

It's probably just related to your phone specifically, then. Try the steps I suggested and see how that pans out for you.

xshunin

Ugh I hate reflashing or resetting stuff in general. Well since there us no obvious solution I'll try to find a solution. Thanks for the help though. I'll report when I found the solution.