[KERNEL][CM9][1/29/12] Icy Glitch V14 - BETA - LiveOC - Voodoo - DIDLE - USBhost

Search This thread

FoxHound22r

Oct 26, 2012
Revived post

Hello all! im looking to use my old fascinate as a permanent addition to my car and was wanting to install this kernel but all of the links for the fascinate have been removed :/ any way someone can re upload the necessary tools and files to overclock my phone?

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
Hello all! im looking to use my old fascinate as a permanent addition to my car and was wanting to install this kernel but all of the links for the fascinate have been removed :/ any way someone can re upload the necessary tools and files to overclock my phone?

Check out newer ROMs/Kernels in this Fascinate forum. This one is pretty old. I would try AOKP with Devil Kernel.

Reactions: Kaptinkrunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

icyglitch.png

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CyanogenMod 9 based roms.
    Use them on any other rom at your own risks.

Overview :
    - 3.1.9 linux base
    - LiveOC
    - Custom Voltage
    - Battery Life eXtender
    - DIDLE v2
    - Voodoo Sound 10
    - PMFAST mode for best wifi performance
    - USB host mode support
    - Various tweaks for more speed and battery saving

CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied.

You'll need NSTools to use/enable all the features of this kernel.
    (Available for free on the Android market)

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
    Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.freenode.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #glitchkernel

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
    - Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
    - Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
    - Recovery: Stephen.k.spear, Smasher816, sixstringsg
    - App developement : Smasher816.
    - Extreme overclocking testing : Shaolin95
    - Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
    Pawitp, jt1134, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Supercurio, lippol94, sztupy, Eugene373, Franciscofranco

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​
    TWRP is coming very very soon.
    Don't look now, but i put up a new skunkworks kernel.

Changelog:

1. added the ability to run scripts at shutdown. If you want your phone to run a script on shutdown, place it in /system/etc/shutdown.d and make sure it has the right permissions (same as init.d). I did this so I could have my phone play a nice shutdown sound like I used to have way back when. There's a script there to do that, but it should be off by default. If you want a shutdown sound, you have 3 options:
    a. place your audio file here: /system/media/audio/ui/shutdown.ogg
    b. place your audio file here: /data/media/audio/ui/shutdown.ogg
    c. place the path to your audio file inside a file called /data/misc/shutdown_sound

Note that C overrides B overrides A. Here's the shutdown.ogg I use: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28682151/shutdown.ogg

2. In my progress towards a working torch, I stumbled upon a fix / hack for the camcorder light. You can now turn the flash on / off manually within the camcorder app. Now I just need to fix the ROM to do the same thing when you hit the torch button somewhere else. That's harder than it sounds. I'm working on it.

3. Not terribly relevant, but I turned on debug information in the camera driver, and left it on. The effect of this is you have a slightly larger kernel, it might be just a tiny little smidge slower when using the camera due to the extra text IO, and your dmesg logs will have a bunch of extra info when you use the camera. Honestly, this was a little bit of an oversight on my part, and I just forgot to shut it off before I built the kernel. Shouldn't be a huge deal, tho, I'll get it in the next one.
    Androtransfer is back up to the speeds you all know and love. If you want to know more about why, read on.
    So, I've always been quite an open developer, so I'm going to explain what's been happening. Outside of Glitch, stevespear46 and I have been working on adding more open-source support (Such as Gummy, CNA, and AOKP) to the Galaxy S line. That, combined with already high downloads of this kernel (~18,000 per release last I measured) and other developers that I host for, creates quite a bit of traffic. Specifically, 5.25TB so far this month, and it's only the 12th. My hosting company (currently OVH) didn't inform me of this, but instead capped my bandwidth to 8mb/s, which was problematic considering the server runs at 125mb/s pretty much constantly. So, what's being done to fix it: recently I was donated a server by bytemark hosting for first of all a buildbot, but secondly for hosting (for more information see http://glitchteam.com) I do not have bandwidth caps with them. Therefore, every android file for anything I host will be automatically mirrored between two dedicated servers until at least when my OVH lease is up.

What this means for users: If you are a ROM dev that needs hosting, hit me up, I can help. For regular users, downloads will only be limited by your internet connection, never by the server. Which means, I can download a ROM on my connection in 32 seconds.