Received my Huawei Ascend Mate

Search This thread

mikasjoman

Jun 25, 2007
Have you checked the option to sync in settings ?

Yes I have. Think I'll go hone and try to sync it through some third party online backup tool. Sucks not to have gcontacts but its something I can live with out as long as all other Google services works, which they do.

I really must say this ascend mate is a damn awesome phone. There is not a phone I would change it for currently on the market. My Note 1 lasted me about 8 hours a day with my usage and then I had to put it on charge. This phones battery ladts two days no problems all the way into the second night. I'm mindblown how well this Chinese company had made the phone. Its fast and I really like the on screen buttons for navigation. Best phone ever, just wished I could have the android 4.2 keyboard. When it comes to speed its the first phone that actually is so fast I stopped caring. Speed is just not an issue any longer :)

Jcc13

Aug 24, 2007
My Note 1 lasted me about 8 hours a day with my usage and then I had to put it on charge. This phones battery ladts two days no problems all the way into the second night.

My ex Note lasts 8 to 12 hours. My Mate goes from 3 to 4 days ! :cool:
This is the only one I knew from all my phones which is also a great battery life.

cashif

Oct 25, 2010
Tech City
I got the phone yesterday and am very happy with it. I went for this phone only for screen size because for me 'Bigger is Better' and I am extremely satisfied with it. Having used Galaxy Note I & II, my expectations were pretty low but this has surpassed all my expectations!

Note phones used to last me maximum 12 hrs but after 14hrs, battery remaining is 60%, so will easily last 2 days for me. First time ever, I am satisfied without any complaints. Phone is super fast and multi-tasking is breezy without any lag..

Best phone at a very reasonable price (only INR 22500- US$ 375) whereas I bought Note 2 for $500 and even Mega 6.3 is priced at nearly $480 in India..

Last edited:

ismethajametovic

May 23, 2012
San Jose, CA
Anyone with tmobile with a Mate getting anything faster than 2g aka EDGE? I only have edge. I am rooted with MT1-T00 on B110 with Baseband version: 5-21-2013 sc8800g_sp8803g.

I tried everything from local updating and updating via recovery mode, but I noticed that the .zip files I download are for the MT1-T06?

I'm trying to get 3g/HSPA+ for tmobile and I have a feeling that firmware B110 is the reason why I only get EDGE. Please help.

Last edited:

rodjordan

Dec 5, 2008
Well, so far I have always gone in the Samsung direction, but after having bought the ascend mate, I am impressed with Huawei.
Its nice to use the features of androud and not worry about battery life. The mate battery is fantastic.

And lastly, WHY IS THERE NO ASCEND MATE SECTION IN XDA? ;)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium

Reactions: Jcc13

desrtwolf

Jul 3, 2013
Screen Problem

Dear Mates!
I have bought an Ascend Mate Phone 4 Days ago. Last day i noticed Phone's Screen has a shadow in top edge that shows itself clearly when background is white. When i brought my device to Huawei maintenance center, i saw 2 other devices they had in their shop have similar problem. they told me it is regular for all Ascend Mate phones. Sure it is not acceptable from a smart phone in this class. What do you think? have you ever had this problem with your devices?:confused:
thanks for your attention!

mixterz

Mar 14, 2011
Dear Mates!
I have bought an Ascend Mate Phone 4 Days ago. Last day i noticed Phone's Screen has a shadow in top edge that shows itself clearly when background is white. When i brought my device to Huawei maintenance center, i saw 2 other devices they had in their shop have similar problem. they told me it is regular for all Ascend Mate phones. Sure it is not acceptable from a smart phone in this class. What do you think? have you ever had this problem with your devices?:confused:
thanks for your attention!

sounds to me like they told you to accept a flaw in that phone you bought, mine does not have that and neither should yours, or should you have to accept it. id go get my money back. buy elsewhere.
they clearly got a faulty batch of phones .
know your rights and stand up for yourself. :)
i love this phone so far.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

WHY IS THERE NO ASCEND MATE SECTION IN XDA? ;)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium[/QUOTE]

id imagine no developer has the phone to play with or customise as its only been released in China Australia and India as far as i'm aware.
rest of us jumped the gun by buying it abroad so well ahead of the market.
shame as id love to see this phones full potential unlocked !
few custom roms over at needrom but nothing worth going for .

Last edited:
Reactions: desrtwolf

desrtwolf

Jul 3, 2013
sounds to me like they told you to accept a flaw in that phone you bought, mine does not have that and neither should yours, or should you have to accept it. id go get my money back. buy elsewhere.
they clearly got a faulty batch of phones .
know your rights and stand up for yourself. :)
i love this phone so far.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

WHY IS THERE NO ASCEND MATE SECTION IN XDA? ;)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium
id imagine no developer has the phone to play with or customise
shame as id love to see this phones full potential unlocked !
few custom roms over at needrom but nothing worth going for .

at first they didn't admit that there is a light shadow in there! after my consistence on my claim, they finally saw that god damn shadow!! Im so confused now and i dont know what should i do. i sent a mail to Huawei support and they havent answered me yet. funny that today i met a guy who had this device and his phone had this problem too and he hadnt seen that! i say again this shadow is almost invisible when background isnt white! please help me what should i do now! i love this phone and i think in this price, it is brilliant!:good:

Last edited:

mixterz

Mar 14, 2011
at first they didn't admit that there is a light shadow in there! after my consistence on my claim, they finally saw that god damn shadow!! Im so confused now and i dont know what should i do. i sent a mail to Huawei support and they havent answered me yet. funny that today i met a guy who had this device and his phone had this problem too and he hadnt seen that! i say again this shadow is almost invisible when background isnt white! please help me what should i do now! i love this phone and i think in this price, it is brilliant!:good:

post a pic of the shadow if you can.
it sounds like a hardware problem.
but maybe a firmware update may fix it.
clearly its bothering you so just take it back and ask for a replacement check it in-store before you leave. .

Totalshaff

Jun 2, 2013
Hi guys I've been lurking around this thread for a while.
I've had the ascend mate from release ,way before the international ROM release,rooted and installed all the Google apps and what not and the only problem I have ever encountered was the stock browser pausing and generally being laggy as **** But simply use boat browser and your good to go.
I've changed to the international ROM and upgraded to the latest firmware and I will admit that the phone is really awesome still ,oh and I discovered that my phone would fail to update if I had left my sdcard inserted,I'm not sure if its just my phone or a batch or all of them.
I am also hoping and praying that the awesome devs around pick up support for this phone, I really think it has way more potential than what huawei has offered us and it can really compete against better well known alternatives, especially at the price the mate is being offered at

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk 2

mixterz

Mar 14, 2011
I have also noticed the lag in the stock browser. It takes a couple of takes for the screen to respond to my touch for instance clicking a link. I stick to the stock mainly for flash video.
If your unaware how to use flash. Go to adobe flash archive and scroll down to the latest android link and install the apk. . Only works on stock.
Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda premium

Totalshaff

Jun 2, 2013
I have the flash.apk installed but I can't take the slow response the browser has and it pauses and what not while typing in web addresses and searches and what not,quite annoying so I abandoned stock.
I been trying to find the screen shadow other users have been complaining about but I haven't noticed anything.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts