[ROM][JB4.3]Ganbarou GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511 Android 4.3 based on CM10.2

Navigation bar in the status bar as shown in post #83.

• I want it

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I want it all the time, not only in expanded mode

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I don't need it

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
My Tab has TWRP recovery, I read on other threads that on Android 4.3 the bootanimation is not showing when you have Phils recovery.

I might have misunderstood. What is your problem with the bootanimation? It is not showing or you do not like it?

I'm not running your ROM. I just saw that you mentioned Phil's recovery but our tab didn't have Phil's recovery so I was a bit confused. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I actually like your boot animation on your cm10.1 ganbarou ROM. Is it still the same?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

sogol

Oct 6, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Wi-Fi issue

Did anyone experience a wi-fi issue with this rom 4.3?
Continously tablet disconnects from the wifi and although I am close to the router, it signs only 1 line signal...
I am always using Ganbarou ROMs and no wifi issue happed since now with 4.3.
Tried some wifi settings (new) but always the same...
Thank you.

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Did anyone experience a wi-fi issue with this rom 4.3?
Continously tablet disconnects from the wifi and although I am close to the router, it signs only 1 line signal...
I am always using Ganbarou ROMs and no wifi issue happed since now with 4.3.
Tried some wifi settings (new) but always the same...
Thank you.

No problems here, I am always connected to WiFi when at home. Sorry for the problems, can you try to make a log with logcat and send it.

sogol

Oct 6, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
No problems here, I am always connected to WiFi when at home. Sorry for the problems, can you try to make a log with logcat and send it.

Thank you, BeeGee. Just solved disabling DHCP and entering a static IP. Now the signal is too strong... :D
But with DHCP on (as always done before...), signal is so poor and tablet always disconnects from the wifi, although my router assigns a valid IP...
Thank you ;)

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thank you, BeeGee. Just solved disabling DHCP and entering a static IP. Now the signal is too strong... :D
But with DHCP on (as always done before...), signal is so poor and tablet always disconnects from the wifi, although my router assigns a valid IP...
Thank you ;)

As I said, I have no problems, but it might be a problem with Android 4.3. That is still in an early stage.

But I am happy that you could solve the problem for now.

MSTRoyal

Jul 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hey Bee_gee

Just wanna say thank u for this great ROM! flashed it yesterday and I'm really impressed how fast our Tab can be!
So far ur ROM runs stable, fast, smooth and without any issues!

Thx for keepin our beloved tab alive and up to date!

sogol

Oct 6, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Hey Bee_gee

Just wanna say thank u for this great ROM! flashed it yesterday and I'm really impressed how fast our Tab can be!

Yes, well said MSTRoyal! We all thank BeeGee for his great job.
THANK YOU, BEEGEE!!!! :D:D:D:good::good::good:;););)

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Hey Bee_gee

Yes, well said MSTRoyal! We all thank BeeGee for his great job.
THANK YOU, BEEGEE!!!! :D:D:D:good::good::good:;););)

I love my tablet and I am happy that I can share my ROM with you.

Thank you very much for using my ROM and your positive feedback.

Reactions: BassBlaster

sherri

Feb 15, 2008
Just downloaded this. Am I missing something simple or is the brightness slider from notification bar not in this ROM?

It looks beautiful, but I miss that feature. I thought CM based ROMs had it...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Just downloaded this. Am I missing something simple or is the brightness slider from notification bar not in this ROM?

It looks beautiful, but I miss that feature. I thought CM based ROMs had it...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I think that is a feature of PACman or AOKP ROMs. Not sure. But I didn't see this in original CM10.2 ROMs.

Hey fund my first (really little) issue....
In settings>>Input & language i set move cursor with volume up/down to right/left but it stays left/right...

No big deal, but a little confusing....

I tried it and it works for me. But I am already on the next version of my ROM ;)

sherri

Feb 15, 2008
It must be. Using "pure" AOKP on my phone (RAZR Maxx). All ROMs on phone have been AOKP or CM due to need for led light to blink with screen on.

Currently using PAC/Carbon ROM on tablet (Galaxy 10.1 Wi-Fi). Also has this feature. I do love your wallpaper though!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
It must be. Using "pure" AOKP on my phone (RAZR Maxx). All ROMs on phone have been AOKP or CM due to need for led light to blink with screen on.

Currently using PAC/Carbon ROM on tablet (Galaxy 10.1 Wi-Fi). Also has this feature. I do love your wallpaper though!

Goto Settings->Interface->Notification drawer and check "Linked Layout". Then you have the quick settings panel with the brightness button visible.
I disabled this in my ROM because I don't like it. I prefer to have a widget on my screen.

sherri

Feb 15, 2008
Thank you for your quick reply. I had no issues with the brightness settings in the notification pull down. In some instances, you can't see the pull down. Then you need to get to settings to adjust brightness.

AOKP and CM let you adjust brightness by simply sliding your finger where the"notification" bar should be. Great if watching a video in full screen, and video is a bit dark. I use DroidTV Primetime. I tend to keep my screen brightness low, to save battery. If I forget to change this, while I am watching a video, I need to exit app, open settings (or go "home" to get notification drawer), change brightness, exit settings, open DroidTV, restart video where I left off....

Now, watching DroidTV (which, don't think I am too lazy to do the above steps, but I watch as I am running on treadmill, stair machine, or living weights ...so....) If video is too dark, I slide my finger along top of screen to adjust brightness. Nothing easier.....

It must be an AOKP thing, or CM. Since CM doesn't officially support this tablet, all my ROMs have been CM based. On phone, must have AOKP. No question. On tab, Infamous had it. So did Infamous Carbon. I think the unofficial CM nightlies did as well.....

sherri

Feb 15, 2008
This is from current ROM (Carbon/PAC...)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379819976988.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379819976988.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 315

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's new?
    V4.05: Not much news, everybody is working on Android 4.4 KitKat. This version has only updated to newest CM10.2 sources.
    WARNING:
    When flashing V4.05 after full wipe the setup assist will crash. You need to flash V4.04, then setup everything, then flash V4.05 without full wipe. Only wipe cache and dalvik-cache. then it works.

SOLUTION
    • When the initial setup manager hangs press volume up or down.
    • When the volume bar appears press the icon on the left of the bar and settings will open.
    • In settings enable WiFi and connect to a WiFi network manually
    • Press the home button and initial setup manager will start again, but this time it will not hang.

To enable the navigation buttons in the status bar:
    1. Settings->Interface->Expanded desktop->select "Status bar visible"
    2. Settings->Interface->Status bar->check "Enable Navigation in status bar"
    3. Press power button to get power menu ->click on "Expanded desktop"

To enable brightness control by swyping on the status bar:
    1. Settings->Display->Brightness->disable automatic brightness control
    2. Settings->Interface->Status bar->check “Brightness control”

What's this about?
    This is the next release of my Ganbarou GT series of ROMs.
    It is based on Android 4.3 and CM10.2 source code and flavoured to my own needs.
    I build this ROM from sources for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500/GT-P7501/GT-P7510/GT-P7511), the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) and (if my wife gives it back to me) the Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).

What's the difference to Cyanogenmod CM10.2?
    There is no official CM10.2 ROM for the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    Initial differences to generic CM10.2 are:
    • Ganbarou wallpaper
    • Ganbarou bootanimation
    • Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg)
    • Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu
    • Navigation buttons can be placed left, right or centered on the lower bar
    • Added TitaniumBackup (in appsdata) for quick restore after you installed a new ROM
    • Added GooManager for updates of the ROM
    • Added JellyBean 4.3 compatible Google apps
    • Edited APN list to cover Softbank Japan
    • Adds free hosts file
    • Removed Cyanogenmod initialisation app
    • Removed Cyanogenmod updater
    • Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers
    • Removed all live wallpapers
    What are your risks with this ROM?
    Code:
    #include std_disclaimer.h;
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * If you do not understand the instructions how to flash the ROM move on 
    * and don't blame me if your device is bricked afterwords.
    */

How to install:
    • Get the ROM
    From my homepage
    From Goo.IM
    From Mega
    • Copy it to your internal SDcard
    • Reboot the tablet into recovery mode (CWM or TWRP, both works if you have the latest version)
    • In case you come from a ROM that is not Android 4.3 then a factory reset / full wipe is necessary. I recommend a full wipe in any case to get a clean installation.
    • Flash the ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
    • Reboot
    Where can I download the ROM?
    Obviously you skipped the "How to install" section. Check a few lines above for the instructions and download links.
    If you are interested to build the ROM fresh from sources you can checkout my repository on Github.

Credits
    Code:
    Cyanogenmod (source)
    infamousAOKP (kernel)

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog V4.05
    Update: latest CM10.2 sources.
    Code:
    Changelog V4.04
    Fix for tablet: WiFi connection problems (thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2399999"]aaccount[/URL] findings)
    Added build for GT-I9300 (Samsung Galaxy S3 Int.)

Changelog V4.03
    Update: New Android version: V 4.3.1.
    Feature Tablet: Statusbar navigation menu button only visible if necessary.
    Feature Tablet: Statusbar navigation back button changes when keyboard is open.

V4.02
    Feature Tablet: Navigation bar on right side of top bar in expanded desktop mode if enabled in Settings
    Feature Tablet: Brightness control by swiping on status bar enabled for tablets
    Update Tablet: Use latest infamous kernel source

V4.01 2013-09-19
    Update: latest ads free hosts file
    BugFix: Camera now working on Galaxy Tab 10.1

V4.00 2013-09-14
    Initial: first build based on CM10.2.
    Feature: Ganbarou wallpaper
    Feature: Ganbarou bootanimation
    Feature: Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg)
    Feature: Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu
    Feature: Navigation buttons can be placed left, right or centered on the lower bar
    Screenshots:
    No big differences to CM10.2.
    New version 4.04

What's new?
    V4.04: Updated to newest CM10.2 sources and Android 4.3.1.Fixed WiFi problems for Galaxy Tab 10.1. Added build for Samsung Galaxy S3 aka GT-I9300.
    WARNING: CM10.2 / Android 4.3 has problems with the APN settings. If you cannot get 3G data connection, you need to add the APN manually. Follow the advice in this post on XDA.

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog V4.04
    Fix for tablet: WiFi connection problems (thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2399999"]aaccount[/URL] findings)
    Added build for GT-I9300 (Samsung Galaxy S3 Int.)
    And here again. A little late in know.:eek: Here the Tablet MOD from latest V4.05.
    3G problem

Modem 3G is not working
    Thanks
    Can I ask what recovery you are using? And how is it easiest to upgrade it?

I appreciate your help.

Go here and download the flashable zip of TWRP recovery and flash it. Or go to http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3158 and download the cwm recovery and flash it using Odin.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD