Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

Search This thread

the_real_vlad

Dec 4, 2013
Hi guys I need some help. I just wiped my phone and restored it back to factory and I'm getting

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.
everytime my phone boots up. This happened as soon as it booted up right after I reset it and it's happening every single time now. It happens EVERY boot, exactly 2 times. It will freeze up my lock/home screen temporarily and give me the error message. After it displays it twice then everything goes back to normal working order and I am able to make phone calls etc.

I do think I f'd up somewhere messing with xposed installer and the wanam module. My phone would go into boot loops when I had it previously set up so this is why I reset it.

It IS rooted. Factory kernel/rom (I don't think it's possible to change them at this moment but please correct me if I'm wrong.) I tried wiping cache and still nothing. Everything in Titanium backup is defrosted meaning its all there except for the things that I uninstalled on my last setup but I was caeful not to remove anything important (only At&t bloatware). Also I did have 'App Ops X' installed and it's installed now.

So please help if you can and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

the_real_vlad

Dec 4, 2013
Fixed!!!

Not sure how exactly but I went into Titanium Backup and disabled a bunch of things that I wouldn't use. I get no errors now. Might be disabling of the 'Knox' that fixed it, who knows.

Reactions: Dewaynelives

FourPointedFreak

Aug 19, 2013
Tampa
Thanks for the update,

I wasn't receiving this everytime like you were but I was getting it every so often. I tried using Titanium Backup to freeze some unwanted crap also and I haven't seen the Error since.

Don't know what we got rid of but it works lol

the_real_vlad

Dec 4, 2013
hi can you please share what you disabled

thanks

Hi,

I can barely remember but I did remove Samsung Knox and everything with 'knox' in it. I would freeze a few things at a time that you don't think you need and keep rebooting until it's fixed. I went through many trial and errors until I finally got it 100% working.

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
I don't know if this will help..had this issue when I used Xposed module Flying Android ....it messed up my dialer with the same message...I uninstalled it and it works perfectly now.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

gzus9000

Feb 6, 2009
100% is a sim related problem as if i boot up phone without sim i do not get any error.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed!!!

Not sure how exactly but I went into Titanium Backup and disabled a bunch of things that I wouldn't use. I get no errors now. Might be disabling of the 'Knox' that fixed it, who knows.