Wifi not working correctly

Search This thread

RawR Cheeze

Jan 8, 2012
Helsinki
Hello people of XDA!

I had my note 3 runnning on CM11, suddenly it wouldnt connect to my router 5ghz network anymore but it did fine on the 2.4GHZ i tought it was a CM11 bug so i restored back to TW now i can connect to the network but my Download speed is really slow (about 1-2 mbps compared to my laptop wich speedtests at 50 Mbps running the same wifi)

The question is: is my note broken (again) or what should i do ?

Sheeezy

May 9, 2013
(You havent changed any settings in your router lately ? )

You tried rebooting ?

If wifi isnt working at all one of your last chances might be a backup + wipe system/clean flash of current ROM.

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Use wifi anyalyzer on the play store, and see what channels other routers are using, if they are on the same as yours and there is an empty spot somewhere, try changing your routers channel to a free one.
I have had many issues in the past due to this, damn neighbours! Haha
This may not even help, worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RawR Cheeze

Jan 8, 2012
Helsinki
Use wifi anyalyzer on the play store, and see what channels other routers are using, if they are on the same as yours and there is an empty spot somewhere, try changing your routers channel to a free one.
I have had many issues in the past due to this, damn neighbours! Haha
This may not even help, worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well im the only 5ghz network here nearby according to Wifi analyzer, strangely i can connect to the 5GHZ via wifi analyzer but after i exit the app it disconnects... Weird...

Reefee

Nov 17, 2008
Nottingham
Could be the location settings under Google settings, caused me problems with glitchy internet in the past. Switched it to gps only one time and after that to desired setting and it solved the issue for me.
Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app