[Q] Glass Stuck in "Glass is Updating" Boot Loop After Factory Reset

Search This thread

Ambits

Jun 27, 2012
I factory reset my Glass today because it wouldn't connect to my phone (I switched roms so I needed to pair Glass again). After I did the reset it went into a boot loop. When it's on the "Glass is Updating" screen it can't be accessed via ADB, but I managed to figure out how to get it into the bootloader via the buttons.

From the bootloader I've tried erasing and flashing 16.2, 16.11, and 16.0 but it just returns to the same "Glass is Updating" screen when I reboot.

When I erase, I erase boot, recovery, system, userdata, and cache. When I flash, I flash boot, recovery, and system. I've tried with and without flashing userdata.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

EDIT: Something really weird is going on. I ran the erase without flashing anything back on and did a reboot. I expected it to stop at the bootloader since there should be nothing to load, but instead it continues to go into the "Glass is Updating" boot loop.

EDIT 2: I've been doing a lot of reading and it sounds like there are more partitions than just the bootloader and the 5 that I have been erasing. My guess right now is that my device downloaded the 16.2 update into some other partition before I did the factory reset and now every time it boots it's running that update. I can't get much info from the device because I can't use adb.

Last edited:

davezack

May 7, 2014
I had the same issue when I tried flashing 16.2. I went back to XE12 and it resolved the issue. The whole point was to get away from the train wreck that is XE16.x anyway, so I'm just going to stay on 12 until the XE17 images are available - then we'll see if that release is any more stable.

Reactions: Ambits

Ambits

Jun 27, 2012
I had the same issue when I tried flashing 16.2. I went back to XE12 and it resolved the issue. The whole point was to get away from the train wreck that is XE16.x anyway, so I'm just going to stay on 12 until the XE17 images are available - then we'll see if that release is any more stable.

That did it! I didn't try a version back that far because as far as I know mine had XE16 on it when I first got it.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.