[Q] rooting broke knock on

Search This thread

delurfangs

May 14, 2014
after rootting my tmobile lg g flex today i can no longer use knock on to wake the device but i can still lock the phone by tapping the home screen has anyone else ran into this? is there a fix for it? i am still on 4.2.2 i did not want to do the upgrade yet in case it broke things even farther thanks for your help.

PattyNYC

Sep 26, 2009
Queens
after rootting my tmobile lg g flex today i can no longer use knock on to wake the device but i can still lock the phone by tapping the home screen has anyone else ran into this? is there a fix for it? i am still on 4.2.2 i did not want to do the upgrade yet in case it broke things even farther thanks for your help.
Your problem is not from rooting. You may have inadvertently messed up something in your system partition. Try to lg flash tool back to stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittoking

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Your problem is not from rooting. You may have inadvertently messed up something in your system partition. Try to lg flash tool back to stock.

⬆⬆⬆⬆ Rooting cannot break knock on. I would try
1. Make sure it's on and toggle it either way
2. Factory reset after making a LG backup and dragging that file over to your computer. Then reset and drag the file back To the LGbackup folder on your phone. Restore from backup and the whole process shouldn't take more than 5min and you're phone will be exactly the way you had it setup still.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PattyNYC

PattyNYC

Sep 26, 2009
Queens
2. Factory reset after making a LG backup and dragging that file over to your computer. Then reset and drag the file back To the LGbackup folder on your phone. Restore from backup and the whole process shouldn't take more than 5min and you're phone will be exactly the way you had it setup still.

Yeah def try these first before restoring back to stock. Also some xposed modules can break features

Last edited:

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
You need to update your touch firmware in the hidden service menu. I could provide you with how to get there if you had mentioned what variant of the flex you have

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: img16 and kintwofan

Geners

Oct 9, 2010
You need to update your touch firmware in the hidden service menu. I could provide you with how to get there if you had mentioned what variant of the flex you have

I'd LOVE to know how to fix this issue on AT&T 950 variant. That's the only thing keeping me from flashing back to 4.2.2 so I can install custom recovery. If you know how to fix it when I downgrade from KK to JB I'd be forever grateful.

PattyNYC

Sep 26, 2009
Queens
Like justinwidebody suggested dial 3845#*959# then click "Settings" then "Update Touch Firmware"
or in Geners case I think you have to dial 3845#*950#

Last edited:

Nybs31

Jul 26, 2011

Hey Justin. I believe you have the sprint variant correct? If you do, what is the dialer code for it to fix knock on after downgrading?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
Hey Justin. I believe you have the sprint variant correct? If you do, what is the dialer code for it to fix knock on after downgrading?

3845#*your model number# so sprint should be 3845#*995#

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
Sorry. Just tried. Doesn't work. Does it matter that I'm on kitkat?

Actually the hidden menu on Sprint does not have the option to fix it. The work around is go into the general section and download my Sprint unlock Rom which is a att Rom. Then use the att dialer code and get into the hidden menu. Then go into recovery and run a back up. You will have knock on again.

darkler

Jun 17, 2014
Actually the hidden menu on Sprint does not have the option to fix it. The work around is go into the general section and download my Sprint unlock Rom which is a att Rom. Then use the att dialer code and get into the hidden menu. Then go into recovery and run a back up. You will have knock on again.

I have flashed the LS995 Rom that you provided to return to stock, and yet the knock on is not working. I dont know why.

Yes, the ATT Rom that you provided is great, it can repair the Knock by access the dialer code.

After I fix the knock on, and I use TWRP backup to restore System, Data, Cache, EFS, Boot, but the knock on is gone again on Sprint Rom.

Do you have any guide to restore back the knock?Or I perform a wrong way?

Or perhaps there's a way just to get the touch firmware from AT&T or AT&T Hidden menu LoL and install it to Sprint LS995 Rom.

I would appreciate your help.

sydvikki

Nov 5, 2014
Chandigarh
Request

can you please post a link to the Sprint unlock Rom which is a att Rom" you are mentioning, i did not find it.. tried...
thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like justinwidebody suggested dial 3845#*959# then click "Settings" then "Update Touch Firmware"
    or in Geners case I think you have to dial 3845#*950#
    Sorry. Just tried. Doesn't work. Does it matter that I'm on kitkat?