Votes: 35 81.4%
  • No, Outdated

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

shuegig

Aug 21, 2011
LaLaLa land :)
I'm sorry bur could u be clearer, like how to flash kernel to phone? And how about this bat.me thing? And can I use it for 4.0.4 .b kernel? Sorry I'm a total nub :)

vasiulla

Account currently disabled
Oct 20, 2011
chennai
I'm sorry bur could u be clearer, like how to flash kernel to phone? And how about this bat.me thing? And can I use it for 4.0.4 .b kernel? Sorry I'm a total nub :)

flashing kernel is done by flashtool(only stock kernels).
download the kernel in ftf format.
download and install flashtool then paste the kernel in firmwares folder of flashtool.
now open flashtool click flash icon ,now select the neo l kernel , then it'll ask u to
connect ur mobile. Now power off ur mobile and connect cable by pressing back button.
thats it kernel'll be flashed.
And bro first search in xda before asking for a tutotial..:silly:

Reactions: CyberLeito

sodomized

Jun 19, 2012
rooting rooting root

Guys i have attached the kernel ftf file of neo L.
So people who are all having neo L can easily root their device.:):):)

sir, using this kernel, do i still need to flash kernel of neo V first?
or should i just flash this neo L kernel and directly root the device? thanks for reply.

PM's are welcome..

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
is it possible if i just flash the kernel.sin using fastboot mode (without using Flashtool) and without flash the loader.sin?

Last edited:

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
Yes.

--
sent from my vacation

i've try to flash via fastboot but it's failed,it's say it needed root :(
i don't know what i must do.

one more question, is the loader.sin is same as any version of firmware?

I ask it because i've upgrade my neo L to the newer firmware version, .587, in this case, the kernel.sin of the one old, .479, is have different size with the new one, .587, same case with kernel.sin of neo V. and this case is same with the loader.sin of neo V and neo L...

sorry,i don't know what is in package of loader.sin and/or kernel.sin, i'm just member here and not yet a developer :) but i want to create an easy way to do all :D

I hope SF for neo L is created soon, so any dev can help us :angel:

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
i've try to flash via fastboot but it's failed,it's say it needed root :(

one more question, is the loader.sin is same as any version of firmware?

sorry,i don't know what is in package of loader.sin and/or kernel.sin, i'm just member here and not yet a developer :) but i want to create an easy way to do all :D
1) hm interesting, so you need to have unlocked BL even to flash stock kernel via fastboot. So flashtool is the only option.
2)yes, loader.sin is same for all firmwares, for one phone.
3).sin is .img singed with sony ericsson signature.
When you compile kernel from Sony sources, you get .img file. S(E) then sign it and then we have .sin files.
If you have question, can we make .sin files, answer is no.

--
sent from my vacation

Reactions: karkand

jhepoi26

Oct 13, 2010
Someone can help me with my xperia neo l. i follow the instruction to root my neo l but it is still not rooted. rootkit keeps saying that my adb server is out of date. and now my neo l is stuck in mt11 and almost everything doesnt function. what can i do?:confused:

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
Someone can help me with my xperia neo l. i follow the instruction to root my neo l but it is still not rooted. rootkit keeps saying that my adb server is out of date. and now my neo l is stuck in mt11 and almost everything doesnt function. what can i do?:confused:

If u can get into flashmode,try to flash neo l kernel again...otherwise u've to use SUS(Sony Update Service) for repair ur device

sent from my phone

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Drivers installed?
Make sure you don't have pcc or seus or flashtool or any other phone program running in background.

--
sent from my vacation

jhepoi26

Oct 13, 2010
If u can get into flashmode,try to flash neo l kernel again...otherwise u've to use SUS(Sony Update Service) for repair ur device

sent from my phone

Yes i already flash it how many times but still it stuck in MT11. In SUS it only saying that i there's no upgrade available because it is already 4.0.4. :confused:

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Drivers installed?
Make sure you don't have pcc or seus or flashtool or any other phone program running in background.

--
sent from my vacation

Yes it is installed and i have done it with no running program in background. Im stuck in MT11 i tried neo v kernel but it doesnt continue only in sony logo and rebooted by itself..anyone have a complete flash file of neo l? i have only kernel.ftf but i think its not enough to have my neo l firmware back.:confused:

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
Yes i already flash it how many times but still it stuck in MT11. In SUS it only saying that i there's no upgrade available because it is already 4.0.4. :confused:
No, SUS also has a feature to repair, which will have to download the latest firmware for ur device(mt25i)

have u upgrade to the latest firmware before, .587 ?
because in 1st post is for .479 version..

============================================

here is the neo L kernel for .587 version

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i have attached the kernel ftf file of neo L.
    So people who are all having neo L can easily root their device.:):):)

Steps To Root
    Let me clear you guys..
    First goto developer setting and turn on usb debugging.
    Now in setting->Xperia->connectivity Change usb mode as MSC.
    Now turn off device.
    Download MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf from here http://www.mediafire.com/?gwe739kn5mcx56t..
    Now flash ur neo L with the above kernel and power on.
    You'll only get vibration but screen does'nt turns on.
    But still usb debugging'll be working.
    Now download DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su frm here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1601038.
    Next connect ur device and simply run runme.bat.
    Now your device will be rooted.
    Finally remove and reinsert your battery and flash Neo L 4.0.4 Kernel.ftf from this thread.
    All Done..
    How I Root My Experia NEO L

Reminder!!! There are lots of good instruction out there!!!
    This is not to encourage anybody to follow what i have done on my device, but i just want to share my experience how i managed to root my Sony Experia NEO L 4.0.4...So if you have the courage to do the procedures, you can freely execute then..
    Good luck!!! :victory:

*Preparation

Make sure you have installed ADB drivers.
    On Your Phone;
    Enable "USB DEBUGGING" Go to Settings > Developer options > Check USB debugging
    Enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" Go to Settings > Security > Check "Unknown sources"
    Ensure that you choose "MASS STORAGE MODE (MSC)" Go to Settings > Xperia > connectivity > USB connection mode > Select MSC mode

**Utilities & Drivers

Flashtool link here
    DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip link here
    ADB installer link here

***Kernel

NEO V 4.0.3 MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_KERNEL
    NEO L 4.0.4 MT25i KERNEL

****Steps

1.Install all necessary drivers.
    2.Flash NEO 4.0.3 KERNEL ONLY with flashtool. (i'm assuming that you're already familiar using this tool, now just choose kernel.sin)
    3.You'll only have blank screen since we flash 4.0.3 kernel after flashing, but that's fine.
    CLOSE FLASHTOOL and open DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su folder, and simply double click on "RUN ME. BAT".
    4.Read and follow the on screen instructions, your device may reboot a couple of times just wait until the script finishes.
    5.You are now rooted but still have blank screen...
    6.Open Flash tool and flash the kernel again, but this time you are going to FLASH NEO L 4.0.4 MT25i KERNEL ( just choose kernel.sin)
    (You may ask how to connect your phone on flashmode:D. Disconnect your phone from PC, pull out and put back your battery and do what is instructed on flashtool window)

After flashing NEO L 4.0.4 MT25i KERNEL, your device should now boot properly, then you have completely rooted your device!!! Enjoy :)

DISCLAIMER!
    Flashing your mobile is at your own risk, may void your warranty and I would be in no way responsible for any damage.

Credits and Thanks:
    Vasiulla - for 4.0.4 kernel
    Nabeel - for 4.0.3 kernel
    Androxyde - for flashtool
    DooMLoRD - for Rooting Toolkit for Xperia 2011 ICS

and all supportive devs out there...
    Steps for root..

Let me clear you guys..
    First goto developer setting and turn on usb debugging.
    Now in setting->Xperia->connectivity Change usb mode as MSC.
    Now turn off device.
    Download MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf from here http://www.mediafire.com/?gwe739kn5mcx56t..
    Now flash ur neo L with the above kernel and power on.
    You'll only get vibration but screen does'nt turns on.
    But still usb debugging'll be working.
    Now download DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su frm here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601038.
    Next connect ur device and simply run runme.bat.
    Now your device will be rooted.
    Finally remove and reinsert your battery and flash Neo L 4.0.4 Kernel.ftf from this thread.
    All Done..
    No, SUS also has a feature to repair, which will have to download the latest firmware for ur device(mt25i)

have u upgrade to the latest firmware before, .587 ?
    because in 1st post is for .479 version..

============================================

here is the neo L kernel for .587 version
    v kernel

I've tried this method, but my bootme.bat keeps giving errors saying "read-only file system" and it doesn't allow the bootme to do anything to my phone, how do I solve this?:confused:

which kernel u tried..?
    anyway try neo v kernel..
    Also use doomlord's easy rooting method to root.