(mod) brightness/volume sliders on stock vzw

Search This thread

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
If anyone wants the vol/brightness sliders just go into the build prop and change
ro.build.target_operator=VZW to ro.build.target_operator=SPR
As opposed to using ATT as that gave fc's when ever i tried making a call,

Edit: after rebooting i am now getting the same fc's as when changing to att in the build prop so unless someone else has any insight its looking like this may not b a good way to get the sliders

Edit 2: someone suggested to try using OPEN as a provider so if someone wants to try that and report back that'd be great.

Last edited:

Bwangster12

Jan 3, 2011
New York
If anyone wants the vol/brightness sliders just go into the build prop and change
ro.build.target_operator=VZW to ro.build.target_operator=SPR
As opposed to using ATT as that gave fc's when ever i tried making a call,

I got so many FCs after doing it to ATT, I'm sort of terrified to try it again. Took me hours, had to finally restore. Couldn't even get anything up cause of the FCs.

friguy3

Mar 1, 2007
Manalapan, NJ
Seems to work well...just changes all the icons (kinda liked the way they were. Changes them with G2 exposed but not the same. Oh well.) Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

zeroxia

Oct 28, 2011
Changing "VZW" to "SPR" can bring the volume slider to my phone, but no brightness slider.
And a lot of com.android.phone FC's, cannot make a call at all.

Some other differences: I'm on Malladus 1.2.5 ROM, the status bar icons are all white. After applying this mod, signal bars are blue, and "3G" label is placed above the signal bars.

Anyway, phone is not usable, I reverted back.

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Changing "VZW" to "SPR" can bring the volume slider to my phone, but no brightness slider.
And a lot of com.android.phone FC's, cannot make a call at all.

Some other differences: I'm on Malladus 1.2.5 ROM, the status bar icons are all white. After applying this mod, signal bars are blue, and "3G" label is placed above the signal bars.

Anyway, phone is not usable, I reverted back.

Yea its weird, i was on digital dream and at first every thing seemed ok i even made a call but then i rebooted and I too lost the brightness slider then when someone called me it started fc'ing hard core like when changing it to ATT. At this point im stumped

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
Try changing operator to OPEN instead of VZW

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
You guys know that volume slider appears when playing media? Right. Just seeing because I didn't know before and. Just found out and that's great because now it's there when you need it and dust clutter status bar. Brightness shudder would be nice though

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

esuuuu09

Dec 8, 2010
Hey Guys,

Just a warning:

I missed the brightness and volume slider on my Verizon Lg G2 so I changed ro.build.target_operator=VZW --> ro.build.target_operator=ATT.

It worked but became kind of buggy.

I decided to change back to ro.build.target_operator=VZW and then my phone completely crashes. Something about the System UI breaking or something. Now I have to go back to stock (crossing fingers I can unbrick it...). Not worth the hassle!

There is a program that mimics and does the brightness setting better imo which I will be using:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446085

Update: My phone lives!!!! [Used this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960]

Good luck and.... wish me luck :p

Last edited: