[Q] SM-G900V to SM-G900F

Search This thread

Cookster2.1

Mar 18, 2012
Hi!,

I have a SM-G900V from Verizon and everything looks ok except that I cannot get an LTE signal. The tech from my local carrier (Smart PH) said that the LTE Freq is ok but the SM-G900V is on bandwidth 2 and it needs to be on bandwidth 1. I checked the local S5's here and it has SM-G900F on them.

Can I download an SM-G900F from anywhere and flash it on my SM-G900V? Will there be problems?

Thanks!!!!

gliatiotis

Jul 2, 2007
Hi!,

I have a SM-G900V from Verizon and everything looks ok except that I cannot get an LTE signal. The tech from my local carrier (Smart PH) said that the LTE Freq is ok but the SM-G900V is on bandwidth 2 and it needs to be on bandwidth 1. I checked the local S5's here and it has SM-G900F on them.

Can I download an SM-G900F from anywhere and flash it on my SM-G900V? Will there be problems?

Thanks!!!!

If you try to flash a G900F official ROM with ODIN, it will not allow it since it will recognize the model difference.
Rooting your phone, installing a custom recovery and flashing a G900F ROM this way (not an official ROM ) is probably the only way.
HOWEVER, although they are probably identical hardware-wise, there is an extremely high risk that you will damage the device.

Reactions: Cookster2.1

yacbos

Jan 26, 2011
Alexandria
the 900F supports the following bands:
LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - SM-G900F

the 900V supports :
LTE 700 MHz Class 13 / 1700 / 2100 - SM-G900V

which are different bands, not sure just rooting and trying to flash an F modem to the V will do but i believe that it will be EXTREMELY risky :(

Reactions: Cookster2.1

Cookster2.1

Mar 18, 2012
Nah RISK is a word I tend to stay away from when it comes to rooting. Paired with "EXTREMELY HIGH" maked me want to drop it. Just swapped my S5 with a Note 3 my wife uses... Now I have a very Pink Phone

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile

al amery

Jul 30, 2014
I also want flash my G900V to G900F rom

Nah RISK is a word I tend to stay away from when it comes to rooting. Paired with "EXTREMELY HIGH" maked me want to drop it. Just swapped my S5 with a Note 3 my wife uses... Now I have a very Pink Phone

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile

Hi there,
So there are no idea how to do a custom rom as G900F to flash it on G900V?

I have an iPhone from verizon and it's work with LTE 4G here with me, but the samsung S5 verizon also they have the same bands, but I can't get a 4G coverage!

Please anyone can provide us a rom same as G900F
Thanks

suburbano

Aug 12, 2014
Hi there,
So there are no idea how to do a custom rom as G900F to flash it on G900V?

I have an iPhone from verizon and it's work with LTE 4G here with me, but the samsung S5 verizon also they have the same bands, but I can't get a 4G coverage!

Please anyone can provide us a rom same as G900F
Thanks

Anyone? :confused:

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce

some of us devs have tried everything we can think of.. only thing we have trouble with is some network feature not working whether it be data or sms etc.. weve tried a ton of stuff as well as ive posted in multiple threads around xda with 0 help so id say no, it wont work lol you need some port master to figure out what files need to be edited to make it work as simply copying stuff from a g900v rom will not work

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Lovelex11

shahidrok

Apr 19, 2016
Hey Bro

Hey bro After try to flash g900v convert to g900f what happen success or hard brick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!,

Thanks!!!!

If you try to flash a G900F official ROM with ODIN, it will not allow it since it will recognize the model difference.
    Rooting your phone, installing a custom recovery and flashing a G900F ROM this way (not an official ROM ) is probably the only way.
    HOWEVER, although they are probably identical hardware-wise, there is an extremely high risk that you will damage the device.
    the 900F supports the following bands:
    LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - SM-G900F

the 900V supports :
    LTE 700 MHz Class 13 / 1700 / 2100 - SM-G900V

which are different bands, not sure just rooting and trying to flash an F modem to the V will do but i believe that it will be EXTREMELY risky :(

some of us devs have tried everything we can think of.. only thing we have trouble with is some network feature not working whether it be data or sms etc.. weve tried a ton of stuff as well as ive posted in multiple threads around xda with 0 help so id say no, it wont work lol you need some port master to figure out what files need to be edited to make it work as simply copying stuff from a g900v rom will not work

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app