[LWP][Dev]Skrillex Audio Visualizer [12/1/8][v1.0]

Search This thread

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Hey, XDA, been awhile and I had gotten some request for this. I finally have it in a condition that I think is worthy of a beta release. The major parts are finished, it's now just a matter of adding visuals and ironing out any bugs that may come up.

Check it out and enjoy, let me know what you think.

Code:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.software.live_wallpaper" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

zi2BK.png
fCE9q.png

Last edited:

cingall

Sep 1, 2009
Philly
Tested with party rock anthem and it looks pretty fresh! +1 in my book, keep up the good work.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Last edited:

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago
v0.2 update

Hey XDA, Happy New Year!
My first post of the new year, here's another update which includes more visuals for the "cell" as well as one additional for the backing. I'm still heavily working on the visuals for the backing so expect more to come.

It's also still a bit buggy with freeze ups. If you have access to logcat I'd very much appreciate some logs when it freezes it. I try to do as much exception handling as possible to avoid FCs. I managed to get the RAM usage down considerably but that is also one of the causes for freeze ups occasionally.

Other things I can think of include a color change of the stage and backing, I darkened it to make the visuals more visible.

I'm very interested in anyone who has ICS on their phone as I think they changed or broke the side scrolling so I may have to look into that.

Enjoy!

Edit: Found a bug almost as soon as I posted this, it's updated again!

Attachments

• skrillex_audio_visualizer_v0_2.apk
    380.7 KB · Views: 1,892
Last edited:

Fokezy

Jul 18, 2011
Its sideways on my Xperia Play, ill post a screenshot if you want, definitely looks weird

Sent from my Xperia Play

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago
v0.3 update

Hey again XDA,

Here's the latest build! Added a few more visuals and got rid of the invisible buttons on the edges of the screen. It's getting close to market release =] Let me know what you think and if there's any issues.

Attachments

• skrillex_audio_visualizer_v0_3.apk
    417.6 KB · Views: 408

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago
First release

Here's the first release of the Skrillex LWP. I'm giving it to XDA free of charge for being a great community =] I hope you guys enjoy and I will post updates as they become available.

Attachments

• skrillex_audio_visualizer_v1_0.apk
    439.2 KB · Views: 1,239

cordell507

Mar 15, 2011
nat
dude this is AMAZING great wallpaper, but could you please consider making a portrait version, using your mau wallpaper right now and loving it, keep up the good work!!

Rahshaka

Aug 12, 2010
Amazing live wallpapers. I just bought them all.

Would you consider adding a dancing skrillex?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago

Thanks, glad you like it =]

dude this is AMAZING great wallpaper, but could you please consider making a portrait version, using your mau wallpaper right now and loving it, keep up the good work!!

Thanks but what do you mean? It should orientate with your screen. Could you give me a screen shot?

a skrillex fan, nice :) nice job btw :)

Sent from my Cappy

Thanks =]

Oh this is cool:) luvin it and pretty smooth on my nexus s:)
View attachment 884082

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Glad you're enjoying it! =]

Daft punk anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

Haha, I have a Daft Punk one ;]

This is running amazingly great on my hd2. Thanks awesome job

Awesome and thanks! I developed it on an HD2 (digitizer recently died on me =[).

Thanks for all the support! I have been considering adding in Skrillex himself but I'm not much of an animations person. I'll look into it though and see what I can do.

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
Here's the first release of the Skrillex LWP. I'm giving it to XDA free of charge for being a great community =] I hope you guys enjoy and I will post updates as they become available.

i tried this QR code using red laser and it takes me to the DL but this the dl always says failed right away.. ive logged into my account on here on my phones browser so that shouldnt be it..

lordlos

May 22, 2011
Chicago
wow there is a God, amazing work love it, a portrait version would be nice, but very nice otherwise :D

Last edited:

Metastable

May 11, 2010
Chicago
i tried this QR code using red laser and it takes me to the DL but this the dl always says failed right away.. ive logged into my account on here on my phones browser so that shouldnt be it..

I'm not sure why the download is failing for you. The QR code is auto-generated so it should work fine. Have you tried downloading to your computer and just transferring it over?

What is it suppose to do? I have it set as a live wallpaper but its not doing anything when I play music from my player.

It reacts to your music. Could you give me some details on your device? Android version, music player, etc. Thanks.

wow there is a God, amazing work love it, a portrait version would be nice, but very nice otherwise :D

Glad you like it! What do you mean by portrait version? You want it to be closer or something else?

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
I'm not sure why the download is failing for you. The QR code is auto-generated so it should work fine. Have you tried downloading to your computer and just transferring it over?

It reacts to your music. Could you give me some details on your device? Android version, music player, etc. Thanks.

Glad you like it! What do you mean by portrait version? You want it to be closer or something else?
He means that even in portrait orientation it looks like it was made for landscape orientation (black space above and below).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, XDA, been awhile and I had gotten some request for this. I finally have it in a condition that I think is worthy of a beta release. The major parts are finished, it's now just a matter of adding visuals and ironing out any bugs that may come up.

Check it out and enjoy, let me know what you think.

Code:
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS"/>
        <uses-feature android:name="android.software.live_wallpaper" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

zi2BK.png
    fCE9q.png
    First release

Thanks, glad you like it =]

Thanks but what do you mean? It should orientate with your screen. Could you give me a screen shot?

a skrillex fan, nice :) nice job btw :)

Sent from my Cappy

Thanks =]

Oh this is cool:) luvin it and pretty smooth on my nexus s:)
    View attachment 884082

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Glad you're enjoying it! =]

Daft punk anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

Haha, I have a Daft Punk one ;]

This is running amazingly great on my hd2. Thanks awesome job

Awesome and thanks! I developed it on an HD2 (digitizer recently died on me =[).

Thanks for all the support! I have been considering adding in Skrillex himself but I'm not much of an animations person. I'll look into it though and see what I can do.
    Update

Here's an updated version with the option to change the distance of the stage. Let me know what you guys think.

For those of you who bought the wallpaper off the market you will have to uninstall that before this apk will install I believe.
    What's a Skrillex?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk