SquareTrade vs. Ensquared

Which insurance did you get for your phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Now I understand that there have been quite a few threads on insurances companies but I want to know what you guys went for and why.

SquareTrade covers everything except lost and stolen but i have seen exceptional reviews with them
-They require you to buy their insurance within 30days
-$69 for 1 year (Coverage up to $750)
-$99 deductible

Ensquared does cover lost and stolen and I have seen decent reviews with them.
-They require you to buy their insurance within 90days
-Claims all phones are replaced NEW
-$58.99 for 1 year (Coverage up to $1000)
-Max of $75 deductible on any smartphone

I've read much on SquareTrade but i havent found much on Ensquared in terms of reviews. If anyone does have experience with Ensquared that would be nice. Insurance that covers lost and stolen is golden.

Now there are other companies too such as Negri and Asurion. I've read Negri is unreliable with their umbrella insurance company. Asurion is okay but doesnt cover every carrier.

Input would be great. Remember, we all just want to secure our investments :)

iastonish

Mar 23, 2011
nyc
Also interested. I have a coupon for square trade, but ensquared is tempting with those prices.

Att/Asurion is pushing it with that $200 deductable

bigb252

Jul 22, 2008
America
Had a friend use Ensquared. She had a At&t Samsung Captivate, lost it, and filed a claim. They sent out a brand new international S2 as a replacement (when they were JUST released).

She later found the Captivate, and they told her she can go ahead and keep both phones. Cool.

Reactions: locoboi187

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Had a friend use Ensquared. She had a At&t Samsung Captivate, lost it, and filed a claim. They sent out a brand new international S2 as a replacement (when they were JUST released).

She later found the Captivate, and they told her she can go ahead and keep both phones. Cool.

Yeah these are the type of reviews I'm looking for :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I've used square trade over the years and have been very satisfied

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

I've used square trade over the years and have been very satisfied

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

So have I, on many many electronic devices.... but their rates are just ridiculous now! Here's an email dated 7.7.07 (odd....)

SquareTrade Care Plans are available everywhere you shop, whether it's Amazon.com, Best Buy, or your local store, and always cost just 10% of the purchase price.

10% of the purchase price? That would have been $15 for me buying this phone.... What about big expenses? Here's one from 11.23.07:

Covered Plan Price:
$87.74
Coverage Term:
3 years
Level of Coverage:
Standard
Covered Item:
Phones & PDAs
Other
Coverage Amount:
$749.99
Coverage Starts:
11/14/2007
Coverage Through:
11/14/2010

Yes, I did buy my first unlocked, international Windows Mobile phone for $750 back in the day, it was F-ing nuts.... okay, okay, so times change, let's see something newer and more relevant then! On 7.21.10, I bought my girlfriend a warranty for her Captivate, here's the breakdown:

Your Care Plan Summary
Care Plan Price $67.20
Care Plan Term 2 Years
Level of Coverage ADH
Covered Item Phones & PDAs - Samsung

(later on in the email....)

A $50 deductible applies on ADH-related claims for Cell Phones only.

That's on par with today's plans, and they have nearly doubled the purchase price and has doubled the deductible! There's got to be a better solution here, especially when we all baby the crap out of these phones and only have an accident every 5-6 warranties or something....

I haven't had any experience with those two companies, but might I suggest you look into Best Buy? Within the initial 30 days you can add it. Its $9.99 a month, they don't cover lost or stolen, but don't have a deductible. I've used them on my Original Galaxy S II, when the screen broke they shipped it off and then gave me the cash value. I used the in store cash value to get the Skyrocket. Anyway, just an idea!

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
I think I am too. I've never broken a phone before but after buying this off contract I don't want to risk it.

I tried best buy but since I'm tmobile and didn't buy it from them I can not get their insurance, black tie.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
I think I am too. I've never broken a phone before but after buying this off contract I don't want to risk it.

I tried best buy but since I'm tmobile and didn't buy it from them I can not get their insurance, black tie.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I'll just feel safer with insurance. Just to have a good mindset haha. And best buy sounds okay to me if they accept our phone like the guy above me says. Oh well o_O

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Just curious, does best buy cover international phones?

ctbaker

Aug 23, 2010
I am interested in this as well. And for whatever it is worth here are the BBB ratings for the "big three" discussed. (can't yet post links)

Ensquared has an A- rating with BBB.

Squaretrade has an A+ rating with BBB.

Asurion has an A+ rating with BBB.

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
I am interested in this as well. And for whatever it is worth here are the BBB ratings for the "big three" discussed. (can't yet post links)

Asurion with a A+ rating? I find that very hard to believe.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010

I can live with an A- right? Haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Negri...2 words: never again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Damn was it that bad? What happened? I was considering them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2