BRAVIA ENGINE 2 WORKS on unlocked in 4.4 !

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I was hoping for this after reading this tweet from DooMLoRD some time ago. :)
Anyone else confirm it? If so, my bootloader will remain unlocked after rooting KitKat. :D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonnet_86

ari197

Jul 16, 2009
Jakarta
will this only work if you are previously unlock the bootloader then upgrade to KitKat

or

will it also work if you unlock the bootloader after you upgrade to KitKat ?

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
maybe someone who claims it to be working can post before and after pictures of BE? although it can be easily done with PS, im sure no one here is immature enough to pull of something like that. :angel:

Reactions: joejoe23

ari197

Jul 16, 2009
Jakarta
Take one screenshot of the same picture with BE off and one with BE on and compare them. It works. ;)

correct me if I'm wrong .. but I think Bravia engine is a post-processing system .. so it doesn't really matter how you took the picture ..

you can actually notice some (subtle) changes happening when you look at the picture at Album with BE on ..

the same goes with Video ..

posting pictures here would not make any different, because the raw data is the same ..

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X
correct me if I'm wrong .. but I think Bravia engine is a post-processing system .. so it doesn't really matter how you took the picture ..

you can actually notice some (subtle) changes happening when you look at the picture at Album with BE on ..

the same goes with Video ..

posting pictures here would not make any different, because the raw data is the same ..

lol its doesnt work like that :p its post-processing engine that work on actual screen, not on images, you should take picture using camera not screenshot :]

You're both wrong. I didn't talk about taking pictures but on taking screenshots. It's different when u use screenshot option, u collect information in real time from ur screen so BE2 effects will be visible on screenshoot image. Take screenshot (in xperia album app) with on and off and compare it on ur PC. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu1307

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
There are a few things flashed to TA so it's possible, but wouldn't that work only if you flash using Emma?
As seus and pc companion don't work with unlocked bl.
The custom ftf around don't flash anything to ta.
I relocked bootloader and restored my Ta so can't say what it did as I wasn't paying attention, might be worth experimenting with.

Just a quick musing.
If it has restored drm, then I wonder if unlocking would improve camera quality on custom roms.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
There are a few things flashed to TA so it's possible, but wouldn't that work only if you flash using Emma?
As seus and pc companion don't work with unlocked bl.
The custom ftf around don't flash anything to ta.
I relocked bootloader and restored my Ta so can't say what it did as I wasn't paying attention, might be worth experimenting with.

Just a quick musing.
If it has restored drm, then I wonder if unlocking would improve camera quality on custom roms.

I'd guess that it's removed the DRM checks from BE2 etc rather than restoring the DRM keys to the TA partition. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely that the unique DRM keys could be generated and pushed to the TA partition by an update.

Top Liked Posts