Stock NE2 [ROOTED][DEKNOXED][09-01-2014][Odex & Deodex]

Search This thread

VikingoRMCF

May 30, 2011
I can confirm hotspot isn't working.

But all is running great with xposed and wanam app.

bhint15

Mar 9, 2008
Manhattan
Thanks for the post.

I look forward to Hotspot mod!

Of course today is the day my 64GB card had to crap but I took the one out of my tablet and got up and running. First boot very quick I'm excited.

iggysvr6

Apr 19, 2008
Indio, CA
Anyone having any issues with this besides flashing or failing to follow the (minor) OP directions? Please leave feedback. If no real issues I can get the slightly modified version posted.

Flashed about 5 hours ago and so far one random reboot but install was smooth just gotta make sure you use philz recovery! Thanks for the hard work. Already running much better than MK4 and finally got my regular battery life back.:good: MK4 had such a crappy battery life!!!

ankurcshah

Dec 5, 2010
Coimbatore
I flashed the rom, but mine is nothing like the screenshots in 2nd post. This is he rom setup now. Is this correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-02-49-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-02-49-55.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Screenshot_2014-06-01-02-50-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-02-50-04.png
    63 KB · Views: 553

ankurcshah

Dec 5, 2010
Coimbatore
And one more. Shouldn't the battery icons be white? and my software and modem is at ljc! What do i do ? :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-12-28-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-12-28-52.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 515

Androidaholic

Oct 16, 2010
Houston,Tx.
Firmware and Knox !

And one more. Shouldn't the battery icons be white? and my software and modem is at ljc! What do i do ? :(

You can flash the MC2 firmware in Odin or find the complete stock rom and use super user app to disable knox that is what I did on my Note 3 with KitKat.. You can also use titanium backup and uninstall all the knox software/apps or just freeze them your choice. That is the only way to use any firmware past MC2 on this device and not have knox I believe. I have seen a zip before for one of my phones to disable Knox but I can not remember which device it was for between my wife and I she has the Note 2 and I have the S3 and the Note 3. Honestly knox does not seem like that big of a deal to me it is still on my S3 and does not bother besides bugging me to update security polices.

Last edited:

bhint15

Mar 9, 2008
Manhattan
Can I install the wifi patch thru recovery? I'm on carbon Rom 4.4.2, mc2

OMG people. Wifi patch has always been through Odin from a PC. Please do what they say!!!
FYI I believe (It's been forever since I've used it) you have to extract it first to get the .tar and then flash that with the PDA option on Odin (and of course do NOT click repartition box)

Also 2 interesting observations so far.
1) Samsung/Sprint really have this bloated I have 8.8MB remaining on the ROM partition (obviously it barely fits)
2) After flashing philz said I wasn't rooted but I told it NO do not root and of course everything works perfect (I'm guessing hitting YES would have worked too but haven't tried)

ankurcshah

Dec 5, 2010
Coimbatore
I can confirm that the following mod works.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594659
[MOD][HOWTO][MK4][JB4.3] Add Additional Toggles to Quick Settings ( Root Required )

Yes it does work. Can confirm here as well

OMG people. Wifi patch has always been through Odin from a PC. Please do what they say!!!
FYI I believe (It's been forever since I've used it) you have to extract it first to get the .tar and then flash that with the PDA option on Odin (and of course do NOT click repartition box)

Also 2 interesting observations so far.
1) Samsung/Sprint really have this bloated I have 8.8MB remaining on the ROM partition (obviously it barely fits)
2) After flashing philz said I wasn't rooted but I told it NO do not root and of course everything works perfect (I'm guessing hitting YES would have worked too but haven't tried)

Yes it does. I gave root and booted up without issues

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

This is a tease of what will come and my current setup. First pic is the my files app next two is the system settings menu. Next picture is drop down status bar and the last pic is recent apps.

When would these mods be available to us? Eagerly waiting to flash these mods!
Rom is excellent. Battery looks better than on mk4.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
Google wallet working again on this just use @cvs

SGNote2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401633482438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401633482438.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 435
Reactions: ProperNoun

hedphurst

Aug 1, 2006
Woohoo! Thank you so much, jlmancuso! Downloading now, can't wait to flash this baby!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the first fully working almost stock NE2 rom. It has all of the stock apps (including dialer) working along with all the stock functions (spen clipping). I call it almost stock because there are some changes such as tweaks and root included. I have a modified android.permissions.jar to enable the reboot menu and added init.d support to the stock kernel. Talking about the stock kernel I have also modified the ram-disk to completely remove knox. Also added in a few tweaks while I was in there.

Right now the rom will be released as Deodexed but I am working on a special odexed version with every app odexed. The ota and tar have most things odexed but not everything. Even my addon apps will be odexed. Only deodexed will be the apps you install.

Links and change logs will be located in post #2 when they are ready for public use. Change logs may appear before the link. If there is a change log and no link then it is being tested and is not ready for public use yet.

If you have an issue please report which rom version you are using (this will be located in about device under settings) and if possible add a logcat. Logcats will give the information I need to help fix the issue. If your issue shows up after you restored with TB or any other such app then it is your issue and not mine. I will only support issues with the apps I included and only if you follow every single step in my install instructions. I have way too much to do as it is without trying to fix your mistakes or some other devs apps.

required recovery
    Philz 6.07.9
    https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900/

Flashing instructions
    1. Download rom and place on on your external sdcard
    2. Flash Philz (odin or recovery style flash will work fine)
    3. Backup your current rom
    4. Boot into philz and wipe everything
    5. Under mounts wipe /data /data/media (this is a must)
    6. Reboot recovery (this is a must)
    7. Flash rom and reboot
    Links and Change logs

Change Logs
    Stock NE2 Deodexed/Rooted 1.0
    Deodexed Official NE2 tar from samsung
    Removed all knox from rom, kernel, and build.prop
    Rooted
    android.permissions.jar includes reboot options
    init.d support added to kernel
    init.d tweaks
    modified platform.xml for external sdcard write permissions
    /data/local for custom boot animations
    es file explore included
    moved massive amount of bloat and apps to /data/app
    build.prop tweaks
    busybox added
    many settings that samsung/sprint disabled have been enabled again

Stock NE2 Deodexed/Rooted 1.1
    Moved stock browser and sns to /system/app to fix them
    Nothing much else changed or will be changed unless something is found broken

Stock NE2 Deodexed/Rooted 1.2
    Found a few Knox files left that were causing issues with the new tw kernel and removed them
    nothing new

Stock NE2 Odexed/Rooted 1.2
    This is just an Odexed version of 1.2
    all apps and framework Odexed even /data/app is odexed
    only thing not Odexed are the apps you install
    If you delete/uninstall any apps make sure you remove the .odex files afterwards

Links
    ota 4.4.... odin cf root...odin phils tar....update su....installed xposed im rooted,tethering, and ad free..
    woooooo weeeeee!

patiently waiting for Jl goodness....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wait wont be much longer. I now have a fully working stock rooted deknoxed NE2 base I will be posting shortly. Then the deodexed base will be a few hours behind. After that I will get a base Community Rom and new beta S5-FEAT a few hours after that. Things are going better today than the last couple of days. LOL!!
    4.4.2.PORT.v1.8-S5FEAT-R3Ds for Sprint

Okay I will make a new OP for the 4.4.2.PORT.v1.8-S5FEAT-R3Ds real soon. It will be a completely different rom from this one. The S5FEAT will be a direct port of someone else’s work (verizon note 2) and will not have anything that the original ROM does not have. So please dont ask to have anything added or changed.

4.4.2 Community Rom

The Community Rom will be its own rom with everything done by Sprint note 2 users. It will be created using original work. It will have N3 and S5 features but they will be done from scratch using stock N3 and S5 roms. Chaz has offered to them the work so you know it will look cool.

Current Issue

While looking over things (on Community Rom) I noticed that I messed up. Many know that most items in /bin and /xbin are symlinks to toolbox and busybox. When I did the pull from my phone it copied the symlinks as the actual file which has really increased the size of the rom. This was only an issue on the rom posted in the OP. My tester version was corrected before it went out. If they could post screen shots showing the usage of the system partition it has more free space. I also did not get the updated superSU.apk or binary installed. I will be putting out an update that has those things fixed along with some of the bloat moved over to /data/app. If you are happy with the current version do not worry about installing the update since there wont be any noticeable changes.
    FWIW, I've been using S5-FEAT-Beta-1 for about 5 days now and it works great - you'd never think it was a beta. And I'm not a casual user - I was traveling, and pounded on that thing constantly, nav, maps, camera and scanning, for email (Nine works awesome), voice (Bluetooth works great), tethering, and Office documents. I use it so much I have to practically tape the Anker Astro 9000 mah charger/battery to it.

Also - I tried to donate, but the donate button takes me to a PayPal page which says "We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem."

Thanks for all the hard work - great ROM.

If you read my bio page it states i dont take donations and gives a link to red cross. So if you feel the need to donate then send it to them and know your donation really helps those who need it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app