4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

caucasion

Feb 23, 2011
From kentucky and did a update and is ready for download so everybody update is now available .im at eork with no wifi .so . I will update after work .....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: j510

troybklyn

Aug 31, 2008
For me, it's showing in my notification bar that it's downloading an update, but when I click on it to see the progress nothings happens.. Why can't I see anything?

Also, when I go into settings/about phone and try to click on software update it gives me a toast saying it's connecting to a DDM server or something like that. Any ideas on why this is happening or is this normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
It's the source code for the MJ9 kernel, your wasting your time and bandwidth downloading it. Unless of course you know how to develop of course...

There won't be a flashable ODIN file until we get a hold of the MD5 files, which hopefully will be really soon.

Like i mentioned before, it might be possible to put the MJ6 bootloader files (from the leak) with the MJ9 OTA files (excluding the MJ9 bootloader files of course) and create an ODIN flash-able TAR of MJ9.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

From kentucky and did a update and is ready for download so everybody update is now available .im at eork with no wifi .so . I will update after work .....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

OK...did you read this thread at all?

yongsanghoon

May 14, 2013
For me, it's showing in my notification bar that it's downloading an update, but when I click on it to see the progress nothings happens.. Why can't I see anything?

Also, when I go into settings/about phone and try to click on software update it gives me a toast saying it's connecting to a DDM server or something like that. Any ideas on why this is happening or is this normal?

I am getting the same message. I'm just leaving it alone and hoping that it downloads and installs the 4.3 update without any issues. If anyone knows anything about this issue we are dealing with, please enlighten us :)

Reactions: troybklyn

gj23

Apr 15, 2012
Michigan
Is there a way to stop the software from automatically updating if you're not rooted? Or should I just root it
All I did was use Titanium Backup and freeze the AT&T Software Update. I haven't recieved the OTA update, as a matter of fact, my phone wont even let me check for the update, which is exactly the way I want it.
Edit: yes, to do this, you'll have to be rooted

Last edited:

troybklyn

Aug 31, 2008
I am getting the same message. I'm just leaving it alone and hoping that it downloads and installs the 4.3 update without any issues. If anyone knows anything about this issue we are dealing with, please enlighten us :)

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll leave it be as well. *fingers crossed*

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Anyone else having trouble viewing hidden apps? Keeps giving me a Touchwiz has stopped error

You could always try a factory reset. For some reason factory resets really seem to help these phones. Of course, I would try it before you set a lot of things up that will need reset. And remember, there is no ODIN file yet, so don't mess things up. Maybe you would be able to ODIN back to the leaked MJ6, but no one has tried it yet to see if it will go from MJ9 back to MJ6 via ODIN.

lathamc

Jun 29, 2012
I may have found an accidental omission in the Messaging app. When you create a new message, and type in a name, it doesn't search through contact names as it did before. Instead, it only searches through emails. Does anyone know how I may be able to fix this?

troybklyn

Aug 31, 2008

And I'm still downloading! What about you?

Felixpau86

Jan 25, 2008
When someone gets the chance, can we get a copy of the modem?

Would really like to see if its compatible with the i337m... I need a 4.3 modem to solve data loss with screen off.

Thanks!

troybklyn

Aug 31, 2008
I was, but I unrooted and factory reset my device via Odin, then was prompted to install the MF3 firmware update, and now I'm here waiting to see if I'm actually getting the 4.3 update.

Yeah, same here. The only thing is that I didn't get a chance to factory reset or reboot before the notification came up. :-\ I might be screwed huh..

Russ77

Jul 26, 2012
touchwiz 4.3 doesn't do "hide apps" in the app drawer anymore. but it does let you disable and show disabled apps from the app drawer.

word of caution, if/when a flashable zip comes out for us rooted folk, make sure you unhide any hidden apps, and unfreeze anything frozen with titanium backup. for some reason those two things coming from 4.2.2 to 4.3 will cause problems.

hidden apps won't be able to be shown. apps frozen in titanium will cause touchwiz to force close if you try to view them in the app drawer feature to show disabled

sooooooo waiting a few days for a flashable zip (fingers crossed for an unaccosted odexed version).

deepen915

May 8, 2013
quick question.. is it safe to leave my SD card in during the install? I have lots of important stuff on it

Top Liked Posts