Moved to S5 from which device & why

Search This thread
I'm quite convinced S7 will sport IP67 certification back, a dual led flash, the FM radio... all the things missing on S6, lol

Hope they don't forget removable battery and microsd card too :) Look below for the perfect phone :

1. Needs to have all the features introduced throughout the galaxy flagships.
2. Needs to have IP67 at least. IP68 - preferable.
3. Needs to have removable battery. It CAN be done with aluminum body, slide down back panel to open it, easy.
4. Needs to have microsd card slot (up to 264gb at least).
5. Of course it needs to have the latest and greatest hardware, be it Snapdragon or Exynos.
6. FM Radio MUST come back on every variant of the phone.
7. Use aluminum instead of glass for build material.

If the S8 or Note 6 are within the above category, Sammy will be the best OEM out there!

Joker87

Jun 24, 2011
Perugia
Hope they don't forget removable battery and microsd card too :) Look below for the perfect phone :

1. Needs to have all the features introduced throughout the galaxy flagships.
2. Needs to have IP67 at least. IP68 - preferable.
3. Needs to have removable battery. It CAN be done with aluminum body, slide down back panel to open it, easy.
4. Needs to have microsd card slot (up to 264gb at least).
5. Of course it needs to have the latest and greatest hardware, be it Snapdragon or Exynos.
6. FM Radio MUST come back on every variant of the phone.
7. Use aluminum instead of glass for build material.

If the S8 or Note 6 are within the above category, Sammy will be the best OEM out there!
I can do without micro sd, removable battery is a good thing, that's another reason I preferred S5 to S6, but I hardly ever switched battery on the go with my S3

Note 5 will be a monster

I can do without micro sd, removable battery is a good thing, that's another reason I preferred S5 to S6, but I hardly ever switched battery on the go with my S3

Note 5 will be a monster

:D Everything else I can do without, but MicroSD is a MUST for me! Switching away if they don't bring it back, in any Galaxy, Note or S.
I too haven't ever switched a battery on the go. But what if your battery dies on you (permanently). Service repair is 2 times more than to buy a new battery yourself.

Last edited:

aldai2

May 20, 2009
Coming from HTC HD2 : i have it since 2009 and it becomes laggy even on android roms.
I choose s5 for the sd card, the removable battery and the price (400€) S6 and M9 are too expensive.

Reactions: koragg97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems more appropriate to say "moving" to s5.. since it's not out n all. Also.. it's a new phone, that's reason enough lol. I've never understood how people can keep the same phone for 2 years. Ugg.... I sell mine and buy something different ever 3 or 4 months. And I always get the latest flagship from HTC or samsung. Simply because it's the latest flahship.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Money, my friend.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Moved from i9305. Reason.... to bring AllianceROM :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I can not change my phone every 6 months.. this is stupidy..
    So in my case I would every 6 months reconfigure all my 17 e-mail accounts, all my google drive settings, skype, gchat, teamviewer, all 300 apps, all TW settings, all my phone book and contacts settings..
    to do this every 6 months is really stupid.. every 3 years, ok.. i can take 3 days to do it..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Why would you have to "reconfigure" anything? As soon as you sign into your Google account on a new phone all contacts and settings are synced, emails are setup and all is well.

Do you not use Google to setup your contact lists and emails? If you really do have 17 email accounts, you can have Google manage them. All emails will go to your primary gmail account, when you respond to an email that came from one of those accounts, it will automatically use the address it was sent to as the outgoing address. People who correspond with you will have no idea you responded from your primary address.

When I get a new phone, I sign in to my Google account and within a few minutes,
    Other than having new hardware, it's identical to the old phone. Sometimes smart phones need "smart" users.

Troll score 3/10

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Flip phone. Before that G2. Excited to get my S5 in the next couple days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'm considering coming from the s3.... but I'm leaning towards the new htc one now

Why? Everything about it is worse, LCD vs AMOLED, camera is still 4MP, smaller screen, no IP67, less storage available in 16GB version and the worst of all, it's a HTC. :)