Teclast X98 AIR II - Windows battery drain issue

Search This thread

Tesmond

Oct 1, 2010
I have a dual boot Android / Windows teclast. When running android the battery drain when the screen is off is minimal, however the same cannot be said of the Windows side. When running windows the battery drain is terrible.

I have run a powercfg /sleepstudy and the top 5 offenders are green, it states it is in connected standby for around 97% of the time but I am receiving something between 900 -1100 mW battery drain, which is around 4-5% battery loss per hour.

I performed a factory reset and did not install any applications, but the behaviour is the same. Windows documentation suggests that the drain should be nearer 150 mW or less.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try. Technet suggests it is a hardware / driver issue, and I was wondering if there was any further diagnostics I can do or if anyone has any solutions to this?

Last edited:

Sushant Rohan

Feb 2, 2015
Muzaffarpur
Sir , I agree with the technet. There may be something in the android which drains battery a lot. A driver, app or with the stock ROM itself

Tesmond

Oct 1, 2010
Hi, the problem is not in android, the battery drain seems fine in android, but in Windows it is terrible. This implies to me that the hardware is not faulty but that the problem is to do with the software in windows.

Just hoping someone with more knowledge of this might have a solution.

Sushant Rohan

Feb 2, 2015
Muzaffarpur
Windows is made for PC. The kernel in Windows assumes that it has unlimited energy source while the kernel in Android understands that it has less energy given
That's the thing I thinl

deepmenace

Mar 3, 2009
so if you think android is the problem has anyone tried taking dual boot off and running this as a windows only tablet? does that fix it?

Sushant Rohan

Feb 2, 2015
Muzaffarpur
Hmm. I have downloaded the androidx86 and installed it on my pc. There is a significant difference between the battery backup. The androidx86 has much better battery life

drwatoonga

May 17, 2015
Windows shut downs after plugged in for charging

This is dual boot x98 air II (no 3g). While running windows 8 for a while during charging, pc will shut down in hibernate mode with SOC error hot. This only happens when soc it around 56C and plugged in. I have ran cpu load on the window side unplugged(not charging) trying to get it to shut down and and would not. As soon as I plugged in the charger, it never fails that its shut down 5 seconds up to could be 1 min. The table is out of the box new from 05.20.2015. I have not problem with the android side failing. I have been in contact with the seller for support, seller state the teclast support has no clue about the problem and I am to shipped it back. I am looking to see if any body else has had this problem and what was the outcome was, before I shipped it back.

king dedede

May 30, 2015
Hi, I'm suffering the same issue as the person above, every time the tablet is charging, if I try to open an application or do something, the tablet will shut down. I noticed, however, if I do nothing, it seems to keep on.

I also recieved it this week and I'm on the period to return it, but after paying customs and everything I wouldn't like to have to do that. Other than that the tablet works fine (a bit too fast battery draining, I would say).

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

drwatoonga

May 17, 2015
Hi, I'm suffering the same issue as the person above, every time the tablet is charging, if I try to open an application or do something, the tablet will shut down. I noticed, however, if I do nothing, it seems to keep on.

I also recieved it this week and I'm on the period to return it, but after paying customs and everything I wouldn't like to have to do that. Other than that the tablet works fine (a bit too fast battery draining, I would say).

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Just wanted to make sure the question you have is within windows. Have you looked in the system event log for the error and to see what is going, I show SOC hot error and tablet is being shutdown by the system into hibernation mode. I have reloaded windows, using there software on the tablet(which they call a factory reset to windows side only) Do to windows having to be on the charger( wow what a ? now)
Anyhow this is something of a though. While I am writing this note back to you. I just saw something that doesn't make since. With this charging problem after it gets kinda warm. During a windows factory restore, tablet was not plugged in and I had to plugged it in to start the factory restore. During restore process and tablet plugged in the tablet did not shut down. So now were does the problems exist. I have ran cpu temp check with a load on them and they are within specs. Yes the tablet is warm. I am thinking now that it a windows 8 has the problem, windows 8 bing was a update os to be ran on a tablet. If this is a window problem than and like you send the tablet back has no affect on it unless the cpu senor is lose. Which I have read about. But again all the cpu temps are within spec. I have tried multi charger with mulit cords.
What item have you tried to find out what the problem is.

king dedede

May 30, 2015
Hi, at the end I kept the tablet. The problem I was talking about is when using Windows, yes. Basically sometimes while charging the tablet would randomly hibernate, then I need to press the power button and wait for it to load again. I'm suspecting the problem comes from windows itself and not the hardware, as android gave me no issue in that regard. Also, it's only while charging, and not always. Sadly I haven't checked the log as most of the time I'm running the tablet in android anyway. Next time I get the problem I'll check and tell you. But as you said, it seems sometimes windows don't have any problem with this, others it does, so it feels more a software than hardware fault on my eyes.

I just notice, however, another issue that in this case affects both partitions: the tablet runs out of battery when reaching 40%, so I'm gessing that somehow the measurement it does of the remaining battery life is incorrect. I would not consider it a big problem, but it's a bit annoying. I am the only one having this problem?

dannyspanish1

Nov 20, 2015
In case others read this thread and weren't aware, BIOS 2.02 makes a significant difference in standby time while booted in Windows. Since updating to BIOS 2.02, my Air II (HG8N) uses just under 1%/hr while in Connected Standby in Windows 8.1.

Does anyone have the bios for the new Teclast X98 Air iii?

I'm getting really bad battery performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case others read this thread and weren't aware, BIOS 2.02 makes a significant difference in standby time while booted in Windows. Since updating to BIOS 2.02, my Air II (HG8N) uses just under 1%/hr while in Connected Standby in Windows 8.1.