[KERNEL] 1.6ghz - For Android 3.01

Search This thread

walter6807

Feb 22, 2009
complete freeze after installation overclock; stuck at logo + click sound

On my asus transformer android 3.1,
I installed from sd.zip the file to overclock to 1.6 (after making a system backup in CWM). Forgot (important?) tot wipe cache and dalvik cache. Installation was succesfull.

On reboot i saw a status bar very shortly between the top of the logo (EEE pad) and the Asus logo on the bottom. Than it looked like this system was going to start but the logo’s came op and freezed. After a few second a clicking/ticking sound comes up. Logo + clicksound stays and everything is realy stuck!

I'have tried everything many times: on/off with button and in recovery, restore backup (complete and advanced part by part), battery drain etc. NOTHING helped.

Whatever I do, when starting up the logo comes up and freeze + ticking sound.
WHO can help me (beginner) out ... or is this the end of my short life with this super tablet?

Many thanks for a helping hand.
Walter

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
On my asus transformer android 3.1,
I installed from sd.zip the file to overclock to 1.6 (after making a system backup in CWM). Forgot (important?) tot wipe cache and dalvik cache. Installation was succesfull.

On reboot i saw a status bar very shortly between the top of the logo (EEE pad) and the Asus logo on the bottom. Than it looked like this system was going to start but the logo’s came op and freezed. After a few second a clicking/ticking sound comes up. Logo + clicksound stays and everything is realy stuck!

I'have tried everything many times: on/off with button and in recovery, restore backup (complete and advanced part by part), battery drain etc. NOTHING helped.

Whatever I do, when starting up the logo comes up and freeze + ticking sound.
WHO can help me (beginner) out ... or is this the end of my short life with this super tablet?

Many thanks for a helping hand.
Walter

Doesn't the OP say it's not a 3.1 kernel?

I believe this is only good for 3.0. Look for Clemyson/Blades combined kernel for 3.1 in the more active thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    06-19-2011
    The above has a max clock of 1.6ghz.. It has all the regular features included prior to this release - underclocking when it gets too hot.. various non-cpu overclocks and so on.. and unlike previous kernels.. its pretty damn stable.. I've tried to crash it. I can't.. Help me crash it. Don't help me crash it if you're on 3.1 - because this won't work with 3.1.. Ok? alright then.

#older stuff below
    This lovely little kernel has a max of 1.646 (because 1.7ghz will run for about 30 seconds). But it also has been setup to set the max clock to 1.2ghz (temporarily) when temps get above 42 deg C.. For people using setcpu, I do not know if it sets only cpu0 to the desired freq (and presumes cpu1 will follow).. but it seems that you need to set both to the desired freq, otherwise it'll use the higher of scaling_max_freqs (cpu0,cpu1 - thus two scaling_max_freqs) and ignore the value you just set.. doesn't make sense? yeah.. ok..
    if you set cpu0 to 1504
    then you set cpu1 to 1504
    then you set cpu0 to 1000
    ... scaling_max_freq is set to 1000 for cpu0, yet cpuinfo_cur_freq will show higher than that (under load obviously)..

just based on my experience.

Just because the max is 1646... doesn't mean you should complain when/if its unstable.. Well, you can.. but you really don't have to.

This is for 3.01.. Im not sure I trust 3.1 yet. :)..
    Here.. this has sys/avp/vde/gpu/pclk and of course cpu, overclocked. I ls'd the modules directory for you and got this..
    bcm4329.ko cifs.ko ntfs.ko scsi_wait_scan.ko tun.ko

I don't know what it means.

If you have problems with netarchy's kernel and you don't with this.. You're probably insane and making stuff up...

This not my first compile. I run my own custom kernels on Gtab, xoom, G2, and HD2.. All pretty spicy with the overclocks..

This may cause some incontinence.. only some.. its ok tho. perfectly natural.

this is the first time I've posted any kerzanels..

http://www.github.com/ibladesi/
    get your ultra verbose changelog there buster.

order
    order
    order
    After a couple ID-10-T errros and in between chasing my two dogs (one AmStaff, one Dogo Argentino - not fun) who were after a rather poisonous (well, more like pissed off) looking frog. I HAS 1.6GHZ stable. OMG..

Well, its stable for me.. I'll bet someone claims it burned their face off and kicked their puppy. but still.

SUCK IT ENGADGET!! Link to this page and read these words.. Suck it long.. Suck it hard..

oh-hai-thar-1point6.png

I might print this on a t-shirt.. you know.. wear it and pick up girls.. Like.. oh yeah.. thats my quadrant score baby. wazzup.
    Source

the GPL license that the linux kernel is released under legally requires the source and / or patches to the kernel (GPL parts) to be released.

Not to put a downer on this thread but these patches should be in the first post.

Also watch out for the voltages that are being reached .... to high and the is a high risk of shortening your devices life. Please also state these in the first post.
    I wonder if anyone has just tried using the ramdisk from 3.1.. I seriously thought I posted last night.. but I guess it didn't take (thanks tapatalk). To the person asking about compiling.. 4.5.2 gcc is what you need.. I also posted a fresh cwm zip..ugh. I don't want to have to re-type stuff. :(..

I'll try to have something using the latest ramdisk from 3.1..

Yes, I tried pairing with the 3.1 ramdisk. It will let the kernel boot, but sound is all kinds of jacked, which is why I'm waiting for the updated kernel sources from asus.
    Maybe I am wrong! It's possible that SetCPU is just used to adjust the clock speed. I always thought I needed SetCPU to take advantage of overclock speeds... maybe one of the geniuses here can explain it to my dumb brain!?!? :confused:

While SetCPU will allow you to adjust the governor and frequency of the CPU, there is a default running value built into the kernel that will be used on each reboot when nothing else changes it (init or SetCPU running at boot).

You can see the currently running values manually with:
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    You can edit those values on the fly (this is what SetCPU does with a GUI interface):
    Code:
    echo "1508000" /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo "1508000" /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

I would like to see the source of this kernel as well.

You can find the kernel source on ASUS's website: http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/#download