LG optimus S and Htc hero

Will you stay with htc if they do not release Froyo for cdma HTC hero?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
The reason that the Optimus S performs better in practice is that it actually has a dual core processor 600 MHz application / 400 MHz modem processor. Look at LG's site. Click on the specifications tab.

The Optimus also has a much better GPU (I've heard it's the same GPU as the N1), which makes a huge difference in games and overall responsiveness.

Posted from my HERO200 while waiting for the UPS truck to arrive with a new Optimus.

Marlowr05

Apr 25, 2010
The Samsung Moment, on par with the Hero with a little better hardware, isn't getting 2.2 so your argument for Sammy being better is invalid, sir. Also, the Legend is getting updated, and when it does, the devs will be all over it like a hobo on a Ham sandwich. Then the Hero will have sense 2.2. If that's your thing. I'm quite happy with my AOSP rom, though.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!

I had a Samsung moment and I hated it....very slowwwwww, laggy, and over all didn't like all of the samsung problems. I currently have a HTC Evo and love it..

P.S. the wife is looking to sell her Evo and is either going to get a HTC hero, or a LG Optimus S.

brokentoaster24

May 9, 2010
Kansas
I had a Samsung moment and I hated it....very slowwwwww, laggy, and over all didn't like all of the samsung problems. I currently have a HTC Evo and love it..

P.S. the wife is looking to sell her Evo and is either going to get a HTC hero, or a LG Optimus S.

how much does she want? I have a hero i could trade too

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

add119

Sep 4, 2010
Bronx,ny
Their doing so great that their taking sweet time on update i pass. Htc doesnt take longer then samsung on updates. Plus, samsung device are to fragile for my hands.

In one year i would need another phone with their quality. If i want toy phone their an iphone for that, with more memory.

Htc rocks not my opinion based on fact look at forum and people who purchase Samsung and Htc device to see it.

I swear this might be my FIRST and LAST HTC phone I have ever bought.. I'd rather go with Samsung so far their doing great with their android galaxy series

Last edited:

add119

Sep 4, 2010
Bronx,ny
Remember lg ally for Verizon in late May preloaded with 2.1 os. No update yet, LG is doing Samsung move this year.

lg ally
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/lg-ally-verizon-wireless/4505-6452_7-34093840.html

I think the primary issue is using Sense. Since the Hero is a Sense device, so on top of getting 2.2 perfectly functioning, they have to modify Sense to be compatible as well, and that is just something they don't want to invest in.

Lol Samsung support their top-tier Galaxy line is not a good comparison against HTC and their low-mid range Hero. Samsung was responsible for one of the worst debacles in Android support history, promising 2.1 for Behold II users and then all of a sudden abandoning support after releasing 1.6. HTC is much more consistent, not to mention their build quality is the best in the industry.

Yes, the MyTouch 3G is made by HTC. MyTouch is just T-Mobile's branding, it is originally the HTC Sapphire or Magic. The MyTouch 3G and Hero are very similar devices, actually.. same CPU, similar amounts of RAM, etc.

Last edited:

fifedogg

Apr 12, 2010
My Optimus S rips on my Hero. I loved my Hero but once I started using the Optimus I couldnt look back. It is oc'd to 806 and is amazing :)

ltlover21

Sep 29, 2011
wow

i have an optimus s but i thought the hero was better, but it has good duribility and speed and has decent sound....i have alot of apps and still works like its new. it has good battery life that lasts pretty much the whole day with active use, i recommend it

Last edited:

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
i have an optimus s but i thought the hero was better, but it has good duribility and speed and has decent sound....i have alot of apps and still works like its new. it has good battery life that lasts pretty much the whole day with active use, i recommend it

Why did you bump a thread from Jan?

私のEVO 3Dから送信される

ltlover21

Sep 29, 2011
Cuz if people scroll through forums maybe that would give useful info

Sent from my LS670 using XDA App

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Cuz if people scroll through forums maybe that would give useful info

Sent from my LS670 using XDA App

There was a reason the thread died. It was no longer relevant. Please try not to bump a dead thread because it's better to have alive and active threads at the top. Same thing in Development and with people bumping dead android 1.5 ROMs and whatnot.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される

Vonrottes

Nov 3, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I know this topic started with the LG optimus S and the HTC hero. The only reason why I asked about the mytouch 3g was because my friend said they weren't similar and I just wanted to know. Sorry for adding the mytouch 3g into this topic.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

The mt3g (magic) is pretty close to the hero.
Msm7xxx 528mhz
256mb ram (on mt3g1.2) 192mb on original.

Back on topic, the updates are up to the carrier and mfg.this case would be sprint and htc. (Vodaphone magic got 2.1 sense, tmobile magic got 2.2 vanilla.)
Sent from my wildheroc using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I swear this might be my FIRST and LAST HTC phone I have ever bought.. I'd rather go with Samsung so far their doing great with their android galaxy series

The Samsung Moment, on par with the Hero with a little better hardware, isn't getting 2.2 so your argument for Sammy being better is invalid, sir. Also, the Legend is getting updated, and when it does, the devs will be all over it like a hobo on a Ham sandwich. Then the Hero will have sense 2.2. If that's your thing. I'm quite happy with my AOSP rom, though.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!