[Q] Where are the ROM's?

Search This thread

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Do you have the SM-900A ATT model? Or are you using T-mobile phone with ATT network/SIM?

Thanks

The ATTS5 Model can be sim unlocked but has a locked bootloader and as of now can't be rooted so you can't flash Roms. The T-Mobile S5 can be sim unlocked, rooted and can flash tmobile or international 900F roms. You will have to provide a APN to get LTE.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
M8 was out less than a week and we had root, recovery and 6+ roms lol.

Just be patient guys. I'm sure roms will start popping up in the masses.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Derzicom

Aug 5, 2010
Cyanogenmod is working on the S5

cyanogen_blog.jpg

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this-week-in-cm-apr-26-2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow really?
    Impatient much?
    You do realize that this phone came out less then two weeks ago.
    And I am sure that not that many people have jumped to this since there were so many people that develop that are already on the s4 and the s5 is not that much of a upgrade for them to switch.
    Not to mention that the AT&T and Verizon cariants are not rootable yet and more developers are typically on those networks to begin with.
    Give it a little more time for the others to get root and developers to move over and get used to the different setup and roms will come.
    I just purchased my S5 yesterday (April 17th), but I regret selling my M8. I thought the S5 would have more dev support and more ROM's than M8, but I guess I was wrong. On the T-Mobile M8 Android Dev section there is a GPE ROM and a RUU to covert the M8 to stock android.

I was expecting like 5-10 ROMs on the S5 already (as was with the Note 3), but I guess I'm wrong? Or can I flash ROM's meant for the non T-Mobile S5?

That's my main question.

Where are the ROM's?

You can flash the international ROMs but you'll lose WiFi calling. Remember that this device has barely been out a week and already on back order for many potential purchasers. Be patient, custom ROMs will come soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Haha I could care less for WiFi calling, my DSL is 2MB/s anyway, so its not like calls through WiFi even work.

That was my question, so now I will begin downloading Echo ROM.

Last question, will I lose 4G LTE flashing these ROM's?

Thanks!

I haven't tried it, but I would assume it works fine as long as you keep the T-Mobile firmware. There is some discussion in the general thread about people running the international ROMs as well as in the international forums, look around. I think we'll start seeing custom ROMs built from the T-Mobile base sometime next week at the latest, I'm content with root for now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Will any of the Roms from this forum work on the G900T?

All of them unless otherwise stated in the OP of the ROM. I'm currently running Omega ROM, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900T