Best buy price match for note 2

Search This thread

Marv916

Nov 10, 2007
even ifi have been a customer for about 12 years....im still gonna try. doesnt hurt to try :p. ill post back my results after i call tommorow.

I think you gonna have to buy the phone at the 199 price and then hopefully get lucky when ya go in and ask for another price match. That is what I did but I paid 249 for mine and was only expecting 50 back since it says 199. I just got lucky along with a few others here.

.02cents

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Uh no!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium HD app

Sprint will never price match unless the representative is desperate. The best they can do is give you a $100 credit. If your to get them to price match that will be first time I have ever seen that on my 10+ years of having sprint.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
$50 credit to my account :)

I think you gonna have to buy the phone at the 199 price and then hopefully get lucky when ya go in and ask for another price match. That is what I did but I paid 249 for mine and was only expecting 50 back since it says 199. I just got lucky along with a few others here.

.02cents

Sprint will never price match unless the representative is desperate. The best they can do is give you a $100 credit. If your to get them to price match that will be first time I have ever seen that on my 10+ years of having sprint.

like you guys said, they werent able to price match me even after i told them i had problems with the lack of service in my area and drop calls. They did however credit me $50 to my account for my troubles and are gonna waive the activation fee when i upgrade the phone later today. fifty is better then nothing. im gonna try and see if i can get free accessories at best buy :p..hopefully i dont sound to greedy :p..
thanks for the thread guys

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
So amazon has the note 2 for $99 right now and their in stock but best buy said that price was too low and they can't do that price because its like their losing money. But the guy was able to do $150 for the note 2 on new account for my brother in law. Really hoped the guy did the $99 but my in law was happy with the price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
So amazon has the note 2 for $99 right now and their in stock but best buy said that price was too low and they can't do that price because its like their losing money. But the guy was able to do $150 for the note 2 on new account for my brother in law. Really hoped the guy did the $99 but my in law was happy with the price.

thats bs. they can price match it. the guy just didnt want to. they have a policy where if you find a lower price within 30 days they will match it. i would try again and show him the policy. are you adding a line or did he get his own account?

btw if i find a price today thats is lower then theres and they match and then i come back around 20 days later showing a lower price will they match it again or are they only able to match it once?

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Yeah he talked to his manager to clear it but the manager told him to not to price match it cause its too low supposedly. Yeah he got a new account.

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
Yeah he talked to his manager to clear it but the manager told him to not to price match it cause its too low supposedly. Yeah he got a new account.

it was for sprint right, same color?? if it was then I would go back and tell them(nicely) to price match it because its their policy. If they dont, then I would go to a different best buy and asked to price match it. and if none of them do then just threaten to return it.

shibby80

Aug 13, 2010
I got mine today for $169 they didnt even check had no problem matching the price

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
it was for sprint right, same color?? if it was then I would go back and tell them(nicely) to price match it because its their policy. If they dont, then I would go to a different best buy and asked to price match it. and if none of them do then just threaten to return it.

Yrmv...the mobile policy is different than the overall store...and it is the mobile manager's discretion on price matching.

Been there, done it, was told no ...talked to store gm, called corp and they could not override mobile dept, was sent gift card.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: crzycrkr

yankees45us

May 5, 2008

I would just tell them I want to return it. Most of the time they will just price match to keep you as a customer. If they still don't then return it if it's not too much of a hassle for you. Then see if buying it from the best buy rewards department will price match. They have a phone customer department that handles mobile sales. Good luck.

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
I would just tell them I want to return it. Most of the time they will just price match to keep you as a customer. If they still don't then return it if it's not too much of a hassle for you. Then see if buying it from the best buy rewards department will price match. They have a phone customer department that handles mobile sales. Good luck.

thats the same thing i told the other member XD..i found a lower price. im gonna go back tommorow and have them price match that

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
btw i was wondering if best buy would price match for at&t or other companies if i was with sprint?? as i found a cheaper price for at&t.

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
btw i was wondering if best buy would price match for at&t or other companies if i was with sprint?? as i found a cheaper price for at&t.

They will only match other retailers for the same service. They will not match the att price for the sprint price. I've heard some have just to be nice but most won't and I wouldn't expect them to either.

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

https://ebay.bbymsolutions.com/deta...-ii-4g-mobile-phone-marble-white-sprint-/2519

i found this online today for those of you that still havent got the note 2 or thinking of getting it. if you still within 30 days of your purchase go back and see if you can get them to price match this. After all it is from their website..

:)

Most stores will honor this policy. I went back 2 times since price kept going down. Got back money in cash both times not to mention the initial purchase was a price match.

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
https://ebay.bbymsolutions.com/deta...-ii-4g-mobile-phone-marble-white-sprint-/2519

i found this online today for those of you that still havent got the note 2 or thinking of getting it. if you still within 30 days of your purchase go back and see if you can get them to price match this. After all it is from their website..

:)

My local BB would not price match this so ordered it off bbmsolutions. Funny thing is it will be sent to the store that would not price match and they will be doing the activation. Strange how they do things.

Follow up: Posted on BB facebook page how this was odd, they pointed me to the a page that specifically says they do not price match bbsolutions. Doesn't make the situation any less strange. Brick and mortar store loses sale and makes it a bigger hassle for customer

Last edited:

DimeDrl

Apr 19, 2012
Just bought my Note II last week at Best Buy and they pric matched me for the Amazon price from a week prior. Got my phone for $99.99, which was lower than Amazon's current price of $139.99 at the time. I didn't even have to bring in the amazon price. The person at the store pulled it up for me.

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
Just bought my Note II last week at Best Buy and they pric matched me for the Amazon price from a week prior. Got my phone for $99.99, which was lower than Amazon's current price of $139.99 at the time. I didn't even have to bring in the amazon price. The person at the store pulled it up for me.

That $99 price was for a brand new sprint customer, not for upgrades or adding new phone to a line. But if the BB person was just checking the Amazon page it was the first price to come up whenever I looked so would be easy for them to misread it. Good job getting that price. BB folks actually have broad discretion in price matching so its usually what they WILL do not what they CAN do.

Top Liked Posts