D3o S3 case REVIEW

Search This thread

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...

Okay dokey.

db5cd6f1-26df-cefa.jpg

db5cd6f1-26fa-8ac5.jpg

No pics of the case with a phone in it though, I tried it for only a short while before pulling it out in favour of the NeoHybrid.

Short review: It's a good case but overpriced. I really thought that by "mesh" the case had holes in the back, but no. There are only dimples on the inside of the case, the back is totally smooth (which I don't really like personally).

The 3DO band is thick around the case, making the device fatter (and theoretically improving the side impact resistance) but there isn't much of a lip around the front.

IMHO it's good if you want a simple see-through case with good side impact resistance - though like I said, it's relatively overpriced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubmasterflex

Electricview

Jun 6, 2012
Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.

We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?

Well, it IS a TPU case. It just has an extra 3D0 ring built into the edges.

I'll try to get somebody's phone to take some pics. But it really has a very limited lip - the NeoHybrid is miles better in this regard.

yukis1

Jul 16, 2011
The D3O Impact Mesh looks amazing

Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.

Can please add a few pics with the device in it and also maybe short review?
I looking for a D3O case for several days now and this one looks good, but there is now video review I could find on the web...

broadwayblues

Mar 22, 2011
Can please add a few pics with the device in it and also maybe short review?
I looking for a D3O case for several days now and this one looks good, but there is now video review I could find on the web...

I did a review of the mesh case and I'm not sure if I can post links yet, but here it is:

http://www.androiddoes.net/accessories/tech21-impact-mesh-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

Anyway, I had a demo of the technology at CTIA in New Orleans, and they put that stuff all over my hands like they did for Phil at Android Central. It's pretty neat stuff, the orange gel, called d3o, locks up when it is struck and protects your device. They even gave me a little bit of d3o in the press kit. Anyway, it's fun to play with.

Of all the cases that I have been sent to review so far, I like the impact mesh the best. Having said that, I didn't have to pay anything for it. However, I would pay the $60 for the case, ($50 for the case and $10 for shipping) just to know that my expensive phone was protected.

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpg
    IMG_2710.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 257

Electricview

Jun 6, 2012
I did a review of the mesh case and I'm not sure if I can post links yet, but here it is:

http://www.androiddoes.net/accessories/tech21-impact-mesh-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

Anyway, I had a demo of the technology at CTIA in New Orleans, and they put that stuff all over my hands like they did for Phil at Android Central. It's pretty neat stuff, the orange gel, called d3o, locks up when it is struck and protects your device. They even gave me a little bit of d3o in the press kit. Anyway, it's fun to play with.

Of all the cases that I have been sent to review so far, I like the impact mesh the best. Having said that, I didn't have to pay anything for it. However, I would pay the $60 for the case, ($50 for the case and $10 for shipping) just to know that my expensive phone was protected.

AHH dude thank you for posting this.. I've been lusting after one of these since i first saw it.. I bet it would look outstanding on my white phone! I wish they weren't so expesnive though :( I cant really afford it at this time.. But i'm so glad to read about it..

I've always wondered if the smalla mount of orange in there would actually make enough of a difference during a drop, i mean i've seen the demo video where they throw the phone etc etc.. but those can be staged and they may not be the exact same case.. I kind of wisht hey had a 'shock' or 'vibration' sensor that was shaped like the phone that they could put in there and drop with and without the case and show much difference it makes...

but again Thank you for posting this review! i envy ya with that cool case!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/VUKXFz3kRcE
    The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...

Okay dokey.

db5cd6f1-26df-cefa.jpg

db5cd6f1-26fa-8ac5.jpg

No pics of the case with a phone in it though, I tried it for only a short while before pulling it out in favour of the NeoHybrid.

Short review: It's a good case but overpriced. I really thought that by "mesh" the case had holes in the back, but no. There are only dimples on the inside of the case, the back is totally smooth (which I don't really like personally).

The 3DO band is thick around the case, making the device fatter (and theoretically improving the side impact resistance) but there isn't much of a lip around the front.

IMHO it's good if you want a simple see-through case with good side impact resistance - though like I said, it's relatively overpriced.