[ROM]i545-VRUEMK2_Stock_Root_Deodex(12/22/13)

Search This thread

old&slow

Oct 19, 2010
DFW
THIS IS ONLY FOR USERS ON MDK BOOTLOADER WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY (cwm or twrp)

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SAFESTRAP. - however, jrkruse has built a MK2 rom with Aroma that allows installing without kernel.

THIS WILL NOT AFFECT BOOTLOADER OR MODEM AS THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER : YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE!

This is a stock rom based off the MK2.tar that Surge1223 put together. Thank him every chance you get (without it this wouldn't be possible). It's rooted, deodexed and I've removed all of the Knox garbage. I've included Talexop's stock insecure kernel, Surge1223's tether mod and swgamez's reboot menu.
If you want to update to the latest modem, it can be found here - [MODEM][Zip] Modems for Loki'd & Safestrap roms

Features:
Talexop v1.3 kernel - which can be found here
Pre-Rooted
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Busybox
Surge1223's tether mod
swgamez 4-way reboot menu

To install:
Must be on SCH-i545 VZW S4

Must be on MDK bootloader and have custom recovery (cwm or twrp).

Wipe cache, dalvik cache and data. (If you choose to "dirty flash", don't bring up any problems here).

When rebooting from recovery, it will ask if you want to "Disable Recovery Flash". Always choose "NO".

Download:

I545VRUEMK2_STOCK_ROOT_DEODEX.zip
md5: ce8b7742bd80c445581e2894d1b7ea91

Surge1223 - for the .tar file and tether mod
Dsixda - for the kitchen (that makes it so much easier on us noobs)
talexop - for the awsome kernel
scrosler - for his great tutorial on building a rom from a .tar
djrbliss - for the loki method
ChainFire - for SuperSU
jrkruse - for the root method

Last edited:

old&slow

Oct 19, 2010
DFW
MODS:

MK2_Blue_Circle_Batt-Switch-Toggles.zip
md5: a769dfe5b505c4bff6fd19eb6203c584

AOSP_Mms_for_MK2.zip - this includes an Mms.apk that I themed but you can swap it with any AOSP Mms, just copy it to /system/app/
md5: 14a3b59eb398d79463086480bea1142a

swgamez created these mods for MJ7 but they still work on MK2
SecMmms.apk (stock messaging app), ENABLE SPLIT-VIEW MODE ON/OFF TOGGLE, DISABLE THE SMS TO MMS AUTO-CONVERSION,
SMS 1000/UNLIMITED RECIPIENT LIMIT, INCREASE MMS MAX SIZE + INCREASE MMS IMAGE SIZE and MORE.
thanks swgamez
SecMms Super Mod

4x5-Laucher3+Transparent Weather Mod - thanks swgamez

Disabling Ascending Ringtone Mod - thanks swgamez

Last edited:
Reactions: Bait-Fish

Lagos3sgte

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks so much for putting this out. I've been waiting for an MK2 rom to fix issues with my car charger. Hopefully this does the trick!

old&slow

Oct 19, 2010
DFW
Thanks so much for putting this out. I've been waiting for an MK2 rom to fix issues with my car charger. Hopefully this does the trick!

I'm not sure this is still going to have that fix. I believe those changes were in the kernel and I'm using talexop's kernel. One of these days I'll be able to repack a stock kernel and get it to boot.:(

Lagos3sgte

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not sure this is still going to have that fix. I believe those changes were in the kernel and I'm using talexop's kernel. One of these days I'll be able to repack a stock kernel and get it to boot.:(

Oh no!

Whats the issue with getting the MK2 kernel to boot? Is it related to KNOX? I thought all 4.3 updates were KNOX patched, but all of that security had been cracked already as far as roms are concerned?

old&slow

Oct 19, 2010
DFW
Oh no!

Whats the issue with getting the MK2 kernel to boot? Is it related to KNOX? I thought all 4.3 updates were KNOX patched, but all of that security had been cracked already as far as roms are concerned?

Nah, it's not a knox thing....it's really just a noob thing.:eek: I'm not really a kernel guy but I'm learning. After trying several different methods of repacking after editing to make it insecure I just gave up on my own kernel and borrowed talexop's.

Lagos3sgte

Aug 11, 2010
Nah, it's not a knox thing....it's really just a noob thing.:eek: I'm not really a kernel guy but I'm learning. After trying several different methods of repacking after editing to make it insecure I just gave up on my own kernel and borrowed talexop's.

Ah I see.
Kind of odd that no one has released and MK2 based bone stock rom.

trmiv

May 25, 2011
ooooh nice! I'm on your MJ7 build, and it's running great. Can't decide if I want to wipe and install this right now. Anyone know what verizon fixed in MK2 over MJ7?

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
Good so far. One thing I notice. My home button is not waking up my phone or lagging severely

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS ONLY FOR USERS ON MDK BOOTLOADER WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY (cwm or twrp)

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SAFESTRAP. - however, jrkruse has built a MK2 rom with Aroma that allows installing without kernel.

THIS WILL NOT AFFECT BOOTLOADER OR MODEM AS THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER : YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE!

This is a stock rom based off the MK2.tar that Surge1223 put together. Thank him every chance you get (without it this wouldn't be possible). It's rooted, deodexed and I've removed all of the Knox garbage. I've included Talexop's stock insecure kernel, Surge1223's tether mod and swgamez's reboot menu.
    If you want to update to the latest modem, it can be found here - [MODEM][Zip] Modems for Loki'd & Safestrap roms

Features:
    Talexop v1.3 kernel - which can be found here
    Pre-Rooted
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Busybox
    Surge1223's tether mod
    swgamez 4-way reboot menu

To install:
    Must be on SCH-i545 VZW S4

Must be on MDK bootloader and have custom recovery (cwm or twrp).

Wipe cache, dalvik cache and data. (If you choose to "dirty flash", don't bring up any problems here).

When rebooting from recovery, it will ask if you want to "Disable Recovery Flash". Always choose "NO".

Download:

I545VRUEMK2_STOCK_ROOT_DEODEX.zip
    md5: ce8b7742bd80c445581e2894d1b7ea91

Surge1223 - for the .tar file and tether mod
    Dsixda - for the kitchen (that makes it so much easier on us noobs)
    talexop - for the awsome kernel
    scrosler - for his great tutorial on building a rom from a .tar
    djrbliss - for the loki method
    ChainFire - for SuperSU
    jrkruse - for the root method
    Thank Surge1223 for building the .tar file so quickly. :D That made this possible. If you meant MJ7 then there's little reason to upgrade, though this may have fixed the enterprise access point issues some were having on MJ7.

Got you . THANKS SURGE1223 . Since my phone is doing great now gonna hold off till KitKat thanks Old&Slow I can always count on you to give good solid advice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks for getting this up so soon!!! :) I am running the ME7 build and I have great battery life and no blue tooth issues. Is there anything special I am missing from this update? I know 4.4 KitKat comes out in Jan. Just wondering if I should just hold out or flash this. Thanks for any input. Just curious how much of a diff MK2 vrs the ME7 build is. I seen this list, Alos What Modem is everyone using? Just curious still running stock Modem on mine and was wondering if there were any preferred Modems ATM
    • Email connectivity has been improved
    • Consistent Data roaming in Canada and Mexico
    • Device will ‘Power On’ after software update is completed
    • Non-Samsung chargers will work correctly with the phone
    • Improved data connections while using (enterprise) proxy servers
    Is there anything else I missed? Thanks for all info :eek:

Thank Surge1223 for building the .tar file so quickly. :D That made this possible. If you meant MJ7 then there's little reason to upgrade, though this may have fixed the enterprise access point issues some were having on MJ7.
    Got you . THANKS SURGE1223 . Since my phone is doing great now gonna hold off till KitKat thanks Old&Slow I can always count on you to give good solid advice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No problem:)

Sent from my SCH-i545 Dev Ed using Tapatalk