[Q] Losing the extra camera when using a stock 4.4.2 ROM

Search This thread

mazdarati2

Feb 4, 2012
I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks

Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.

mr.dj26

Oct 31, 2010
Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I dont know about AOSP but on GPE both the motion gesture and the duo camera will work. On gpe just take a pic, go to HTC gallery, and edit the photo you want.