[GUIDE]Compile CM7 AOSP (Kanged edition) For Speedy on Linux

Search This thread

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Is it just me or does disable boot animation not work properly?

I am the defender of Light and Truth. Suppressing the truth can incur the wrath of God.

xjman

Feb 12, 2008
I've been working with android for some time now. Almost all work is just work pulled from someone else, ported from another phone, or kanged from CM.

The only edit I've seen accepted to CM by sparks was adding a mount point, that is far from the ordeal you make it out to be.

one_love_420

Oct 24, 2010
onerhythmprojects.org
Both commit links "(1/2)"

Second part of patch = "(2/2)"

I'm not here to teach you guys about how github works so if you want to learn more pm me and if you've been nice to me I'll most likely help you get things set up. I'm not here to promote my rom like you guys or just to discredit any other roms. Anything I've said about my roms was purley out of defense and has nothing to do with this thread's topic of discussion.

ok yes it is mislabeled but if you read the code you can clearly see its parts 1 and 2, for instance:

in PerformanceSettingsActivity.java

Code:
 private static final String DISABLE_BOOTANIMATION_PERSIST_PROP = "persist.sys.nobootanimation";

and in the bootanimation_main.cpp you can see it needs the other part

change:
Code:
property_get("debug.sf.nobootanimation", value, "0");

to :

Code:
property_get("persist.sys.nobootanimation", value, "0");

Reactions: -somebody-

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
I currently run UKE and would appreciate a complete repo from Speedy that I could kang from. As of right now the current CM7 repo does not compile properly.

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
Rebooting works just fine accually there's nothing wrong with rebooting your pc...
a complete waste of time
Either that or make sure you open a new terminal window since .bashrc runs every time you open a new terminal...
Another waste of time
Another thing you could do is just export in terminal instead of adding things to .bashrc if you just want something to be temporary, but I won't get into all of that since you already know so much...
Yet again another waste of time

You really are dumb

All you need to do is
Code:
. ~/.bashrc

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
Replying to you is a waste of time, like right now.
so why do it?
1. Rebooting sometimes is needed for various reasons as stated on the OP...
your OP is a joke

wtf is this about?

1b - Now you will need to manually remove the other java version

Code:
$ sudo nautilus

This will open up a root file explorer. Once it opens click on the "file
system" tab on the left and navigate to the /usr/lib/jvm
Once there you should see two types of java. If you see java open jdk
you need to delete it, along with it's associated bin folder. Close the
root file explorer window

Use apt to uninstall it
Or if you are dumb enough to just delete it
this is better

Code:
sudo apt-get remove openjdk-6-jre
and this is even quicker
Code:
sudo find /usr/lib/jvm -maxdepth 1 -name "*openjdk" -exec rm -r {} ';'
BUT that will screw with dependencies

Code:
sudo update-alternatives --config java
is a *much* better way of dealing with it

2. Not really because sometime you need to export certain things but you don't want it there later on...
has nothing to do with your stupid statement that you need to reboot when you edit the .bashrc
3. If your saying that editing your
.bashrc everytime you need to do something then not really...

Nope, you said that you need to reboot if you edit the .bashrc

As a matter of fact you could just make a script to export certain things and execute certain functions...If you know how to do that that is...
Seriously, pretending to be some expert who can do advanced things is not going to wash with me. You have an extremely basic grasp of Linux

Guys, if you want to learn how to compile Android on Linux then read this
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html
Sparcksco's OP is a joke, which is a poor rehash of the above link and CyanogenMods wiki

Reactions: jesusice

dodgejcr

Aug 17, 2010
Hot Springs
Quoting something I said 6 months ago won't wash with me either...That guide you linked to is not correct with everything. When you go to install some of those packages you'll get some errors, try it...As far as java you can just use synaptic package manager to un-install open java which at the time I didn't know was able to do. Removing it manually still works just fine. Cyanogenmods wiki is wrong in a lot of ways btw for Ubuntu 11.10 just like that guide you just linked to. Seriously grow the **** up and learn your **** before you start posting. You obviously have never compiled anything android related on linux in your entire life. If you did something correctly it's probably because of this guide here but your dumb ass just won't admit it like many of the other trolls on this thread. If your such a great android and linux expert then show me your development threads or stfu because you have nothing to show for it.

This guide has helped more than a few people and I've been told so on more than a few occassions. If that bothers you then you need your head checked.

BTW nice to see you again Firerat! You couldn't stand that you got perma banned before because of the exact same thing your doing right now. How about round two?

I usually dont get in the middle of anything here at xda because there are alot of people who feel the need to voice their opinion on ever little thing (even when not knowing what is accurate or not) but this is getting stupid. Sparksco if you had any knowledge with linux other than the usual *I installed ubuntu in a VM or dual boot to learn some android, so I must be the most hardcore MOFO out there now* crap, you would know that in Linux there is several different ways to get everything done. Some are easy, some are not, some are preferred by most, some are not. It is pretty stupid to argue back and forth about it and really shows that you, above everything else, have a serious problem with admitting that others are right even if that means you are not necessarily wrong.

You and I have had it out a little before and it resulted in you insulting me and my knowledge of kernel compiling, toolchain usage, and something else Im sure. Its getting rather old and I know that my years of Linux usage and admin speaks for my knowledge. I dont come on here and try and grow my e-peen with stupid attempts at proving others wrong and starting some pointless flamewar. I dont have an ego and I know that I do not know everything there is about linux and will probably never will but I do know that when I am proven wrong or told another way to do something, I dont flame the **** out of them and insult their knowledge or ability. That is why people troll you, you get to the point where you make no sense and attack anything that has opposition to what you say. Seriously man, as a person who cares nothing about who you are or how smart you think you are and would like to see you learn and grow with XDA and the information you can find here, please stop your ego-driven rants about your crap. If you need to feel better about yourself or some boast in confidence, XDA shouldnt be the place you are looking.

EDIT: Flame me all you want, I dont care and know you are about too. I know what I am doing or I wouldnt be here doing it. You probably saw that when you forked my repo to get my source right? It would make sense that you would delete it after the fact as I dont see you having anything to contribute just wanted to either check up on me or grab my source. Its all good, thats why its there :D

Last edited:

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
Quoting something I said 6 months ago won't wash with me either...That guide you linked to is not correct with everything. When you go to install some of those packages you'll get some errors, try it...
Works just fine for me
could it be that you just screwed up your system by screwing around with it
As far as java you can just use synaptic package manager to un-install open java
which is just a gui for apt

which at the time I didn't know was able to do. Removing it manually still works just fine.
No not really, some Packages may depend on Open{jdk,jre}
You didn't tell the PackageManager you deleted it, which could lead to a screwed up system
I wonder why you couldn't get the official guide to work?
Cyanogenmods wiki is wrong in a lot of ways btw for Ubuntu 11.10 just like that guide you just linked to.
Nothing wrong with them, they are working just fine for me

Seriously grow the **** up and learn your **** before you start posting.
You should take your own advice
You obviously have never compiled anything android related on linux in your entire life.
Obviously ?
How is this obvious to you?
If you did something correctly it's probably because of this guide here
Do you honestly believe that?
but your dumb ass just won't admit it like many of the other trolls on this thread.
So there are others who point out your ineptitudes
If your such a great android and linux expert then show me your development threads or stfu because you have nothing to show for it.
bit difficult seeing as I only have a few posts here
if you are bored then poke around on www.linuxquestions.org you may just find me there
This guide has helped more than a few people and I've been told so on more than a few occassions. If that bothers you then you need your head checked.
whatever you say
BTW nice to see you again Firerat! You couldn't stand that you got perma banned before because of the exact same thing your doing right now. How about round two?
Ok now I'm confused
You think I am Firerat?
Why?
just because I ROFL at your dumb "you must reboot every time you edit .bashrc" statement?

I think you may have a touch of the old Paranoia.
Do you see Trolls everywhere?

blahbl4hblah

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Myself and a few other people that I've seen post on this thread has used this guide and has successfully compiled a working rom. I might not have a shift but the guide is universal and it will work for ALL CyanogenMod support devices.

If you don't have anything better to say to HELP people if they have errors, keep it to yourself

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Deleted 30 posts of garbage!

Obviously there is there is some "love" between sparksco and one_love_420, guys i'm not going to pm both, this is the last advice, keep the crap out of here please, if you want to have a "nice" chat then use the PM.

I'm not the one that i like to gift infraction points but this is the last time i'm come here without only give warnings.

Oh, btw, this is mean for all, of course, i would really like to don't see any other flame post.

Americans, sorry for my English lol

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Pretty disappointed at what I'm seeing here.

This is a development forum, NOT a playground....
Please do not bring your petty squabbles on here, if it's not constructive and relevant to the topic then keep it to yourself.

No more warnings.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face......

Reactions: sparksco

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
OK guys the fighting stops now!! If people have a prob with each other then take it up in PMs not in the threads. Tossing insults back and forth is childish, pointless and doesn't belong here. I or another mod will be cleaning this thread up soon. If this continues then this thread will be closed and people will be sent on vacations from XDA.

This is my only warning. I don't care who started it. I am ending it now. I hope I have made myself clear.

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Pretty disappointed at what I'm seeing here.

This is a development forum, NOT a playground....
Please do not bring your petty squabbles on here, if it's not constructive and relevant to the topic then keep it to yourself.

No more warnings.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face......

Understood, is there any way all the slanderous post from all posters could be removed from all posters?

Edit: I've edited my post but they could still used deleting if necessary.

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Here's a new kanged. Audio works, torch, and disable bootanimation. Pretty much everything works. Also inserted apps2ext/swap support, gapps, framework animations and my own bootanimation. And I used this guide to do it :-D

Included in it is my own kernel not the stock cm kernel.

GPL

CM 7.2.0-RC0 Kang Build By SparksCo

Last edited:

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Here's a new kanged. Audio works, torch, and disable bootanimation. Pretty much everything works. Also inserted apps2ext/swap support, gapps, framework animations and my own bootanimation. And I used this guide to do it :-D

[url="http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/293/1781/CyanogenMod7.2.0-RM-Nightly-20120117-Signed.zip] CM 7.2.0-RC0 Kang Build By SparksCo[/url]

Wimax, GPS, Wifi, Audio all work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I was searching and searching for a guide on how to compile CM7 source, and finally found a way to do it on the latest Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric

Updated info for non-debian based systems thanks to Vicodan:
    If you want to use this on fedora or non-debian based systems you will need to replace every command that says apt-get to yum. Thanks to Vicodan for pointing this out as I do not use fedora myself.

Hardware Requirements:

- A minimum dual core pc, the more ram the better
    - A working wifi connection
    - Linux Operating System. Either 32-bit or 64-bit will work
    NOTE: 64-bit will run faster

Optional Recommended Software:

Many of these can be found in the software center using the search box
    If you find multiple versions it's ok to install them all, unless it says
    otherwise
    - Python
    Alternatively open the terminal application and type
    Code:
    $ sudo app-get install python
    Note: Enter your login password to install
    - awk and gawk
    - 7zip
    - RAR
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install rar

Step 1 java:

Setting up java is one of the most important step to getting your pc prepared for a build environment. First check the java version that is installed on your pc

NOTE: On Ubuntu 11.10, and variants, you need to enable the
    parter repository to install sun-java6-jdk:
    Code:
    $ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ maverick partner"

Code:
    $ java -version

The correct version is:

Code:
    java -version
    java version "1.6.0_26"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

You must have a 1.6.x to compile on the gingerbread branch of cyanogenmod. If you have the correct version skip down to Step 2.

1a - First install the correct version:

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-jre

1b - Now you will need to manually remove the other java version

Code:
    $ sudo nautilus

This will open up a root file explorer. Once it opens click on the "file
    system" tab on the left and navigate to the /usr/lib/jvm
    Once there you should see two types of java. If you see java open jdk
    you need to delete it, along with it's associated bin folder. Close the
    root file explorer window

1c - Edit .bashrc

Next navigate to your home folder and open up the .bashrc file. This is
    a hidden file so you will have to press Ctrl + H to see it. Add the
    following lines to the top section, and change accordingly to your path
    Example:

Code:
    #JavaDev PATH
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.24
    export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Save the file and exit, then changes will not take effect until reboot
    Verify java version again
    Code:
    $ java -version

Step 2 - Install git
    http://help.github.com/linux-set-up-git/
    or
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install git
    Step 3 - Prepare the Build Environment

NOTE: You only need to do these steps the first time you build.
    If you previously prepared your build environment, skip to Copy
    proprietary files.

3a - Install the ADB
    Install the Android SDK. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php? title=Howto:_Install_the_Android_SDK

3b - Install the Build Packages
    Install using the package manager of your choice:
    For 32-bit & 64-bit systems:
    Code:
    $ [COLOR="red"]sudo apt-get install[/COLOR] git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool

For 64-bit only systems:
    Code:
    $ [COLOR="red"]sudo apt-get install[/COLOR] g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev [COLOR="Red"]lib32readline-gplv2-dev[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]gcc-multilib g++-multilib[/COLOR]

3c - Create the Directories
    You will need to set up some directories in your build environment.
    To create them:
    Code:
    $ mkdir -p ~/bin
    $ mkdir -p ~/android/system

3d - Install the Repository
    Enter the following to download make executable the "repo" binary:
    Code:
    $ [COLOR="red"]curl https://raw.github.com/android/tools_repo/master/repo > ~/bin/repo[/COLOR]
    $ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    NOTE: You may need to reboot for these changes to take effect.
    Now enter the following to initialize the repository:
    Code:
    $ cd ~/android/system/
    $ [COLOR="red"]repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread --repo-url=git://github.com/android/tools_repo.git[/COLOR]
    $ repo sync

3e - Copy proprietary files

NOTE: This only needs done the first time you build. If you have
    already done these steps, you may skip to Download RomManager.
    You will need to have a speedy with a working copy of CyanogenMod
    install and ADB working on the computer. This script will copy the
    proprietary files from the device.
    Connect the device to the computer and ensure that ADB is working
    properly.
    Code:
    $ cd ~/android/system/device/htc/speedy/
    ./extract-files.sh

3f - Download RomManager

NOTE: This only needs to be done when an update to
    RomManager is released. If you are-up-to date, you may skip to Building
    CyanogenMod. Download RomManager which is needed by the build:
    Code:
    $ ~/android/system/vendor/cyanogen/get-rommanager

3g - Building CyanogenMod

Check for updates
    First, check for updates in the source:
    Code:
    $ cd ~/android/system/
    $ repo sync
    $ cp build/core/root.mk -f Makefile

3h - Set up your Compiler
    This is optional but helpful for kernel compiling

There are a lot of things that need to be added to the .bashrc to let your
    pc know about which type of compiler you want to use. The best way is
    to use the one provided in the CM7 work tree.

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]#Android[/COLOR]
    export ARCH=arm
    export CCOMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE
    export PATH=$PATH:~/android/system/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin

3i - Configure Build & Compile
    Now, the environment must be configured to build and the ROM
    compiled, from code, for the Speedy.
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh && brunch speedy

3j - Install

Copy your .zip file from
    ~/android/system/out/target/product/speedy/update.cm-XXXXX-
    signed.zip to the root of the SD card.
    Optional: Download Google Apps for CyanogenMod 7 and place it on the
    root of the SD card.
    Flash both of these .zip files from recovery.
    Quoting something I said 6 months ago won't wash with me either...That guide you linked to is not correct with everything. When you go to install some of those packages you'll get some errors, try it...As far as java you can just use synaptic package manager to un-install open java which at the time I didn't know was able to do. Removing it manually still works just fine. Cyanogenmods wiki is wrong in a lot of ways btw for Ubuntu 11.10 just like that guide you just linked to. Seriously grow the **** up and learn your **** before you start posting. You obviously have never compiled anything android related on linux in your entire life. If you did something correctly it's probably because of this guide here but your dumb ass just won't admit it like many of the other trolls on this thread. If your such a great android and linux expert then show me your development threads or stfu because you have nothing to show for it.

I usually dont get in the middle of anything here at xda because there are alot of people who feel the need to voice their opinion on ever little thing (even when not knowing what is accurate or not) but this is getting stupid. Sparksco if you had any knowledge with linux other than the usual *I installed ubuntu in a VM or dual boot to learn some android, so I must be the most hardcore MOFO out there now* crap, you would know that in Linux there is several different ways to get everything done. Some are easy, some are not, some are preferred by most, some are not. It is pretty stupid to argue back and forth about it and really shows that you, above everything else, have a serious problem with admitting that others are right even if that means you are not necessarily wrong.

You and I have had it out a little before and it resulted in you insulting me and my knowledge of kernel compiling, toolchain usage, and something else Im sure. Its getting rather old and I know that my years of Linux usage and admin speaks for my knowledge. I dont come on here and try and grow my e-peen with stupid attempts at proving others wrong and starting some pointless flamewar. I dont have an ego and I know that I do not know everything there is about linux and will probably never will but I do know that when I am proven wrong or told another way to do something, I dont flame the **** out of them and insult their knowledge or ability. That is why people troll you, you get to the point where you make no sense and attack anything that has opposition to what you say. Seriously man, as a person who cares nothing about who you are or how smart you think you are and would like to see you learn and grow with XDA and the information you can find here, please stop your ego-driven rants about your crap. If you need to feel better about yourself or some boast in confidence, XDA shouldnt be the place you are looking.

EDIT: Flame me all you want, I dont care and know you are about too. I know what I am doing or I wouldnt be here doing it. You probably saw that when you forked my repo to get my source right? It would make sense that you would delete it after the fact as I dont see you having anything to contribute just wanted to either check up on me or grab my source. Its all good, thats why its there :D

Included in it is my own kernel not the stock cm kernel.

GPL

CM 7.2.0-RC0 Kang Build By SparksCo
    Deleted 30 posts of garbage!

Obviously there is there is some "love" between sparksco and one_love_420, guys i'm not going to pm both, this is the last advice, keep the crap out of here please, if you want to have a "nice" chat then use the PM.

I'm not the one that i like to gift infraction points but this is the last time i'm come here without only give warnings.

Oh, btw, this is mean for all, of course, i would really like to don't see any other flame post.

Americans, sorry for my English lol
    Here's the build properties.