Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Hello there,

I've had a few requests for this, so here it is.

This is a modification of the latest TouchWiz4 Launcher made by me. This post is going to be updated whenever a new version of firmware goes out.

I do already know that TouchWiz 4.5 exists by fr4gg0r, which is far more customizable, but I have followed a different interpretation to this. This is not based on work done by fr4gg0r.

You can find my original thread on the International SGSII forums here .

Features
  • 5 icon dock
  • 5 column app drawer
  • Smaller fonts in icon dock so they don't get hidden
  • Better spacing of icons in homescreen
  • Better spacing on the badges

SOON TO COME
  • Application to control features
  • Themeing Interface

What are the advantages?
  • Uses the same id key as the original Samsung stock launcher, so all widgets work at once, without having the need to resign with different id

4 Columns, 5 icon dock, 5 app colum appdrawer menu (v1)

205wnlv.png

Download versions 1.2 T-Mo
See attachment below

Credits
fr4gg0r for the inspiration and advice.
Juggernaut for the deodex build which i extracted the apk from.

As I do not own an T-Mobile phone, i am working blind here. Versions are untested. Please report issues here or in my original thread (preferably) with screenshots so i can identify the problem. If anyone feels like picking this up, please feel free to do so, so long i get some sort of credit.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
How to use
  • In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.
  • Rearrange your app drawer icons in a 5 column Layout.

Solutions to Force Close problems
Code:
Hit Menu>Applications>Manage Applications>All>TouchWiz Launcher
Force close and clear data

Instructions if things go wrong:
Code:
Extract apk from .zip
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm TouchWiz30Launcher.apk 
rm TouchWiz30Launcher.odex
hit Control + C
adb push path to your download\TouchWiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
#example adb push C:\Users\123\Downloads\Touchwiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
adb shell
chmod 644 /system/app/TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
adb reboot

Landscape mode requests
I am able to make the launcher redraw in landscape mode without losing sign keys. However the icon dock does not stay on the right of the phone, but goes in the bottom. The launcher is not optimized for landscape mode at all. Perhaps i'll be able to get this done in the long run.

NOTE
The European launcher and the 4G Launcher are not hot-swappable. That means that when using the 4G Launcher, you cannot revert back to the European Launcher (or vice verca) by flashing the zip.
You need to WIPE data under Settings>Menu>Manage Applications. Install the other version of the launcher, then wipe data AGAIN.
Failing to do so will cause FC's when trying to add a 5 icon dock.

Changelog for V1
Code:
v1.0 - Initial Release
v1.1 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your Default Home
v1.1.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens
v1.2 - Layout changes

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
reserved.

Please post issues either here or in my original thread on the international SGSII forums.

I'm sorry for the filesonic links, my server cannot handle the bandwith anymore so i had to move the files.

Last edited:
Reactions: pipesdl

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
This looks cool. I will have to try it out later today. I'll report back anything that I find.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Just tried this on juggarneut and it doesn't seem to work. I tried your directions

•In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.

It won't allow me to add the fifth icon.

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Just tried this on juggarneut and it doesn't seem to work. I tried your directions

•In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.

It won't allow me to add the fifth icon.

How about your app drawer? Is it 5 columns there?

Make sure to wipe data in Applications > Menu > All > TouchWiz Launcher.

Also if that doesn't work, extract the apk from the zip file, remove your old TouchWiz30Launcher.apk from /system/app and replace it with the extracted one, then reboot.

Reactions: jaekidd1012

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
How about your app drawer? Is it 5 columns there?

Make sure to wipe data in Applications > Menu > All > TouchWiz Launcher.

Also if that doesn't work, extract the apk from the zip file, remove your old TouchWiz30Launcher.apk from /system/app and replace it with the extracted one, then reboot.

I am not getting five columns in the app drawer or homescreen dock. I have cleared the cache and still nothing.

By swapping the TW launchers through root explorer. Wouldn't that cause the phone to crash due to no launcher being present?

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
I am not getting five columns in the app drawer or homescreen dock. I have cleared the cache and still nothing.

By swapping the TW launchers through root explorer. Wouldn't that cause the phone to crash due to no launcher being present?

The phone wouldn't crash, no. But you can install an alternative launcher in the meantime to be sure.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
The phone wouldn't crash, no. But you can install an alternative launcher in the meantime to be sure.

Ok that seemed to work. By the way I tried flashing the zip twice to be sure if it didn't take the first time, it would the second. Moving the apk in system/app was the only way for it to work.

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Ok that seemed to work. By the way I tried flashing the zip twice to be sure if it didn't take the first time, it would the second. Moving the apk in system/app was the only way for it to work.

It's the second report i get about this today. Next versions is going to come as an apk only i think.

You guys are using CWM Recovery, right?

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007

Got it to work by moving the apk as suggested. System/app.

Looks good and seems to be working good now. This makes it real nice to go through all my apps in the app drawer. I'll hit the button.

Edit: yes we are on CWN. Glad this was found fast because it should help you with upcoming builds.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Got it to work by moving the apk as suggested. System/app.

Looks good and seems to be working good now. This makes it real nice to go through all my apps in the app drawer. I'll hit the button.

Edit: yes we are on CWN. Glad this was found fast because it should help you with upcoming builds.

Could you do me a favor and upload the updater-script within your rom .zip? It should be in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

I need to find out what block system is on so i can mount it. /system probably doesn't get mounted right and doesn't flash.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Could you do me a favor and upload the updater-script within your rom .zip? It should be in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

I need to find out what block system is on so i can mount it. /system probably doesn't get mounted right and doesn't flash.

Sent you a PM

Reactions: petsasj

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
How can I install that

You can download the zip and install as zip from CWM Recovery.

Thanks a lot Jjday7 for the updater-script. I was using the same devblock mount as the international SGS II, so /system wasn't getting mounted.

Flash as zip is fixed now, upload new file already.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
You can download the zip and install as zip from CWM Recovery.

Thanks a lot Jjday7 for the updater-script. I was using the same devblock mount as the international SGS II, so /system wasn't getting mounted.

Flash as zip is fixed now, upload new file already.

No Problem, glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

I've had a few requests for this, so here it is.

This is a modification of the latest TouchWiz4 Launcher made by me. This post is going to be updated whenever a new version of firmware goes out.

I do already know that TouchWiz 4.5 exists by fr4gg0r, which is far more customizable, but I have followed a different interpretation to this. This is not based on work done by fr4gg0r.

You can find my original thread on the International SGSII forums here .

Features
    • 5 icon dock
    • 5 column app drawer
    • Smaller fonts in icon dock so they don't get hidden
    • Better spacing of icons in homescreen
    • Better spacing on the badges

SOON TO COME
    • Application to control features
    • Themeing Interface

What are the advantages?
    • Uses the same id key as the original Samsung stock launcher, so all widgets work at once, without having the need to resign with different id

4 Columns, 5 icon dock, 5 app colum appdrawer menu (v1)

205wnlv.png

Download versions 1.2 T-Mo
    See attachment below

Credits
    fr4gg0r for the inspiration and advice.
    Juggernaut for the deodex build which i extracted the apk from.

As I do not own an T-Mobile phone, i am working blind here. Versions are untested. Please report issues here or in my original thread (preferably) with screenshots so i can identify the problem. If anyone feels like picking this up, please feel free to do so, so long i get some sort of credit.
    Since it is hard to get this, here's a copy of when I was able to download it. http://db.tt/sQwO23Xq
    Just place it in /system/app using your favorite file manager and change permissions, then settings/applications/manage application/ and locate your launcher you're using and clear defaults.. Either works right after or just reboot after that.

SGH-T989 ツ
    How to use
    • In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.
    • Rearrange your app drawer icons in a 5 column Layout.

Solutions to Force Close problems
    Code:
    Hit Menu>Applications>Manage Applications>All>TouchWiz Launcher
    Force close and clear data

Instructions if things go wrong:
    Code:
    Extract apk from .zip
    adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/app
    rm TouchWiz30Launcher.apk 
    rm TouchWiz30Launcher.odex
    hit Control + C
    adb push path to your download\TouchWiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
    #example adb push C:\Users\123\Downloads\Touchwiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
    adb shell
    chmod 644 /system/app/TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
    adb reboot

Landscape mode requests
    I am able to make the launcher redraw in landscape mode without losing sign keys. However the icon dock does not stay on the right of the phone, but goes in the bottom. The launcher is not optimized for landscape mode at all. Perhaps i'll be able to get this done in the long run.

NOTE
    The European launcher and the 4G Launcher are not hot-swappable. That means that when using the 4G Launcher, you cannot revert back to the European Launcher (or vice verca) by flashing the zip.
    You need to WIPE data under Settings>Menu>Manage Applications. Install the other version of the launcher, then wipe data AGAIN.
    Failing to do so will cause FC's when trying to add a 5 icon dock.

Changelog for V1
    Code:
    v1.0 - Initial Release
    v1.1 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your Default Home
    v1.1.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens
    v1.2 - Layout changes
    reserved.

Please post issues either here or in my original thread on the international SGSII forums.

I'm sorry for the filesonic links, my server cannot handle the bandwith anymore so i had to move the files.
    Since it is hard to get this, here's a copy of when I was able to download it. http://db.tt/sQwO23Xq
    Just place it in /system/app using your favorite file manager and change permissions, then settings/applications/manage application/ and locate your launcher you're using and clear defaults.. Either works right after or just reboot after that.

SGH-T989 ツ

Thanks for sharing. I will include it as an attachment on the first post. I formatted my pc 3 days ago and I'm still trying to figure out where things are in my backup, etc.