[Discussions] Best ROM for G3 - All other "Best Rom" threads will be purged.

Search This thread

rcconf

Mar 24, 2013
Thx for suggestion :)
Have a new question now. Is it possible to connect 2 bluetooth headsets to the device, so in both there will be played same music?

The only solutions i found so far:
1. 3.5 jack splitter with 2 BT endpoints attached.
2. 3.5jack fm transmitter, and then just 2 fm-stereo headphones.

I wonder if there is some better solution?

Reactions: macktripper

fly4rammy

Nov 20, 2010
Best Rom. .My View..

I have been using Galaxy 3 for around 2 n1/2 years flashed different roms n found the best Rom to be Stock XXJPM+ G3Mod 2.x kernel NonOc with better batt backup,all of the phone features working well....

Reactions: wmiki75

dbones

Jul 21, 2012
Hi guys,

is there anyone who wants to add his opinion (after 4 months from the last post)?

I'm asking because I think the only way for me to be happy with my phone is to switch back to an older version. I have never been absolutely happy with this device - not with stock 2.1, stock 2.2 or any following GB ROM. They all had their specific problems. So I thought the best way would be to switch to a good Froyo-based ROM.

Important:
  1. Stability
  2. Smoothness
  3. Battery life

I will not use many apps with my phone any longer. If the basic functions work fine, I will be happy.

Kyrillos' and Purumod seem to be favorites here. Any other experiences?

Thanks a lot.

riise21

Nov 8, 2011
Szczecin
Hi guys,

is there anyone who wants to add his opinion (after 4 months from the last post)?

I'm asking because I think the only way for me to be happy with my phone is to switch back to an older version. I have never been absolutely happy with this device - not with stock 2.1, stock 2.2 or any following GB ROM. They all had their specific problems. So I thought the best way would be to switch to a good Froyo-based ROM.

Important:
  1. Stability
  2. Smoothness
  3. Battery life

I will not use many apps with my phone any longer. If the basic functions work fine, I will be happy.

Kyrillos' and Purumod seem to be favorites here. Any other experiences?

Thanks a lot.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2030506
For me this is the best froyo rom. Its very fast and have good battery life.

masudahmed77

Nov 19, 2016
Well, I have tried plenty of ROMs for G3 (from the latest e.g. Kyorarom v0.5.2, Kyrillos 9.5, CM 6.2...) but all of them beats CM 7.1 modded by Kyrillos - GWK74.
It´s fast as hell, stable, pretty good battery backup (3 days of moderate usage).

The only thing I miss are video codecs for avi format, which were in froyo ROMs.

And another suggestion it would be great if Fugumod Ultra kernel would support Gingerbread ROMs...don´t know if it´s possible, but it´s performance in froyo is epic :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP JB is very laggy for me. How do you improve performance?

ilievski.ace guided me on wat to do after installin aokp jb...
    thats for sure.. its not as fast as gb...bt u get used to it...me using it since two days...and its a nice rom...thanks to ruben and ilievski.ace
    ..:)

Click thanks(in gangnam style) if i helped you....:p :)
    [Discussions] Best ROM for G3 - All other "Best Rom" threads will be purged.

Hi all,

This is the discussion thread of our Galaxy 3 ROMs. Including Froyo, Gingerbread & ICS. Ups & Downs in every ROM, Suggestions to the Dev, Problems facing & their solutions etc.

Your opinion counts which will help in evolution of custom ROMs. Of course, It all depends on your personal preferences. But still...

Some ROMs notable alphabetically...

Cynogenmod Port (Marcellusbe)
    Dutchmods
    ICS for G3
    Kyora ROM
    Kyrillos ROM
    Purumod ROM
    Sekhy ROM
    Vivek's ROM

A Note: Please do not hurt personally anybody.

Thanks in advance,

Sekhar

MOD Message:
    This thread has been created for open discussions about ROMs and their features and to share your opinions only - NOT TO IMPOSE YOUR OPINION. I will keep a strict watch on this one!
    @Headers.Chennai:

I visit these Sites regularly:

Cynogenmod Port (Marcellusbe) CM7A7:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1101218

Kyora ROM 0.52 (Ascendency):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1230801

Kyrillos ROM v9.5 (JPU):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957123

Kyrillos' ROM v10beta (CM7A7-port):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1431393

greetz phoenix
    On a serious note, i think the stock JPU ROM is insanely smooth and fast :p I'm using it right now and app opening times, scrolling etc. are really fast and smooth. Battery backup is also awesome compared to Kyrillos' ROM V 9.5 where the battery lasted 1 day of heavy usage then 1 day of hardly any usage because i was scared to waste the battery half the way through the day in case i got any important phone calls.
    Best Rom. .My View..

I have been using Galaxy 3 for around 2 n1/2 years flashed different roms n found the best Rom to be Stock XXJPM+ G3Mod 2.x kernel NonOc with better batt backup,all of the phone features working well....