[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

sweetsmoke69

Aug 19, 2011
Cologne / Germany
@sidneyk

Awesome mate, followed your script step by step, only thing not working for me was Google restore. Managed to install titanium from play store, all apps and data back.
RC2 feels good, smooth and fast even with stock. Initial load of restored apps took quite long, but after several reboots its now well balanced.
Probably I'll give gouvers kernel a shot. But for now, I'm happy and 4.0 experience is certainly better although I was happy with HC too.
Thanks again to you and all others participating this thread. And of course thanks to Gnufabio for this ROM!

joselopez23

Apr 6, 2012
Never mind I restored exchange services and email app from titanium backup and everything is now up and running! Great ROM!

Last edited:

Dark lord me

Apr 16, 2011
Surrey
Quick question. I am planning on flashing this on my transformer and giving it to my dad (i can still use it every now and then) and plan to go from 3.11 to 4.0RC2. I'm just wondering how stable is this build and will it be good for him. Also when the full Revolver 4.0 comes out would you have to do a wipe. I have never had to wipe my TF in the year of owning it and with various TF updates just installed over through revolver parts.

Also mine is running clockworkmod recovery v3.1.0.1 do I need to update it to a newer one before installing the rom

I'm just wondering because i want to be able to easily update the device for him and not have to do any wipes. Also how well does the Asus app backup app work as I plan on using that (not titanium) as I would only back up a few apps and is it installed with the rom or in the removed apps?

Last edited:

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Awesome mate, followed your script step by step, only thing not working for me was Google restore. Managed to install titanium from play store, all apps and data back.
RC2 feels good, smooth and fast even with stock. Initial load of restored apps took quite long, but after several reboots its now well balanced.
Probably I'll give gouvers kernel a shot. But for now, I'm happy and 4.0 experience is certainly better although I was happy with HC too.
Thanks again to you and all others participating this thread. And of course thanks to Gnufabio for this ROM!

I'm fairly confident now, with the new supersu, that if you have a good Titanium Backup, that you could probably skip letting Google restore anything and Titanium would handle it all. Before, root wasn't working right and TB wasn't either.

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks but that's where I looked first, option is not there, weird....

You might try a reboot and see if it shows up then. I had to do that once because it wasn't there at first. You could also just reflash the rom and removed apps again if you used them, over the top without wiping and you won't lose your data, except for custom kernel, if installed.

Reactions: sweetsmoke69

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Quick question. I am planning on flashing this on my transformer and giving it to my dad (i can still use it every now and then) and plan to go from 3.11 to 4.0RC2. I'm just wondering how stable is this build and will it be good for him. Also when the full Revolver 4.0 comes out would you have to do a wipe. I have never had to wipe my TF in the year of owning it and with various TF updates just installed over through revolver parts.

Also mine is running clockworkmod recovery v3.1.0.1 do I need to update it to a newer one before installing the rom

I'm just wondering because i want to be able to easily update the device for him and not have to do any wipes. Also how well does the Asus app backup app work as I plan on using that (not titanium) as I would only back up a few apps and is it installed with the rom or in the removed apps?

You could try and see if it works. It's always a good idea to wipe when making big changes like that. If you don't have problems then you're good to go. If you do, then you know a wipe may fix it.

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
+1, and even after reboot the wifi does not reconnect. Reinstalled rc2, still no connection (can not see the wifi logo below)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Go into wifi settings and see if your connection still shows up. If so, then try to toggle the wifi off and wait while it completes then toggle it back on and see if it reconnects. If not, then go to your connection and when the window comes up tell it to forget and see if wifi will then rescan and, if so, reestablish your connection, inputting your settings again. Otherwise, you may have to wipe data and reflash, being selective with restoring any system data and pay attention to app data that might mess with wifi settings.

Reactions: Bazzz66

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Hi everybody. First wanna thank gnufabio for his excellent work!
Coming from revolver 3.11 to RC 2 and it feels great!

I wiped all by myself and flashed RC 2, removed apps and guevor kernel 19.2.
Restored my apps with TB.

I miss only two things and it would be near to perfect for me:

1. A battery percent in status bar, like in HC 3.11
2. For me GPS is not working. Flashed the ROM 2 times over the first install, but don't get it to work. Searching the whole time but finding nothing.

sweetsmoke69

Aug 19, 2011
Cologne / Germany
Hi everybody. First wanna thank gnufabio for his excellent work!
Coming from revolver 3.11 to RC 2 and it feels great!

I wiped all by myself and flashed RC 2, removed apps and guevor kernel 19.2.
Restored my apps with TB.

I miss only two things and it would be near to perfect for me:

1. A battery percent in status bar, like in HC 3.11
2. For me GPS is not working. Flashed the ROM 2 times over the first install, but don't get it to work. Searching the whole time but finding nothing.

I came the same way like you , GPS is working well. Positioning is quite fast, he now gets 9 Satellites where he previous only found 7.
But I'm on stock, don't know whether it could be kernel related.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!