[NFC UPDATE] [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Search This thread

Hmd74

Sep 8, 2012
Hi
Can you give me an APK Download link for the latest version?
I don't have access to Play Store :(

Hmd74

Sep 8, 2012
OMG, are there still countries not supported by google? Where are you from? Or do you have a device with no support for play store?

Did you alredy get the app?

Enviado desde mi MB865 mediante Tapatalk

Unfortunatly yes... :(
I'm from Iran...and some of the services are blocked by our government and the rest are blocked by Google :| (for example YouTube is blocked by our government, and Google Now is blocked by google)
i have a Nexus 4 and my Play Store app doesn't work :/
About a year ago Google opened the Play Store for us (for free apps) but we can just see "some" of the free apps and when we want to Download them, Error 403 appears :|

btw we have a big forum for Android :) (and-roid.ir)

AND i'm waiting for an APK Download link for the latest version :)

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
I'm from Iran...and some of the services are blocked by our government and the rest are blocked by Google :| (for example YouTube is blocked by our government, and Google Now is blocked by google)
About a year ago Google opened the Play Store for us (for free apps) but we can just see "some" of the free apps and when we want to Download them, Error 403 appears :|

Sometime is good sometimes not. My country is really a disaster now is almost every way, Im from dominicana republic, thanks god here we can access to everything in the play store, but that freedom we have is really taking us down. I will upload the apk now.

Edit:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2vu-1nch9eYMzFpNDRfWktXMXM/edit?usp=docslist_api

I hope you have no problem downloading it

Last edited:
Reactions: Hmd74

FD_

Oct 16, 2012

Here is the apk for version 1.2.2: http://bit.ly/1d8rNGf

Edit: Seems @josuearisty was faster ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hmd74

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
I'd like to share a bit of information on FastFileTransfer 2.0 with you:

Most new functions are implemented and working, and I am now building the new UI. As far as I can tell now, it will fit a lot more to Android's holo design.

Alltogether, FFT 2 will be a complete rewrite of the old version, with an improvement in any possible area.

Stay tuned!

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!

Most new functions are implemented and working, and I am now building the new UI. As far as I can tell now, it will fit a lot more to Android's holo design.

Alltogether, FFT 2 will be a complete rewrite of the old version, with an improvement in any possible area.

Stay tuned!

Excellent! Good to know that!! I really like this app. Whenever you want somebody to test it just contact me. I have some free time.

Reactions: FD_

theronkinator

Apr 16, 2011
Just want to say used this great app loads on my old Xperia U, but when I upgraded to my S3 last August it would just crash. Anyway just tried it again today and working fine, so whatever update was done before august and now has fixed it so once again can use it. Great work!

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai

Stay tuned!

Getting impatient now :(

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Excellent! Good to know that!! I really like this app. Whenever you want somebody to test it just contact me. I have some free time.
Getting impatient now :(

I have some great news for you: The new version 2.0 is now available! I've started a new thread for the new version as it is so radically new ;) http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-fastfiletransfer-2-0-fast-offline-t2971997
I've added tons of new features. Check it out and let me know what you think!:fingers-crossed:

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
I have some great news for you: The new version 2.0 is now available! I've started a new thread for the new version as it is so radically new ;) http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-fastfiletransfer-2-0-fast-offline-t2971997
I've added tons of new features. Check it out and let me know what you think!:fingers-crossed:
I have updated to the latest version 2-3 back itself. Just didn't get enough time to test it out. I have been playing with it a little during the weekend and I have some suggestions and lot of appreciation. Will post it in the new thread as soon as I can. BTW, I am very happy with the new version. Thank you very much for the hard work. :)

Reactions: FD_

firewoood

Nov 13, 2015
Unfortunatly yes...
About a year ago Google opened the Play Store for us (for free apps) but we can just see "some" of the free apps and when we want to Download them, Error 403 appears. I figured out myself on how to transfer files without the help of Google. And I finally succeeded on that. |

Almost the same here in my country. We had to use VPN to access Google, Twitter and Facebook. Gov can't stop us unless cut the rope, lol

Last edited:

portaleus

Mar 11, 2014
Paris
Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!:D

Just tried this app, and it works well!

This app only asks for the necessary permissions which is great (and unlike similar app like Xender, Zapya, etc.). I found this care for privacy very typical from XDA members. I have bought the PRO version to support the development.

Do you plan to add a feature to manage files directories in the web browser (and not just to download files)? Do you plan to add a way to transfer installed apk? Or to further improve the interface?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
    This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.

NEW VERSION 2.0 12/12/2014
    I'm proud to announce the release of Version 2.0, a complete rewrite with tons of new features.
    I've opened a new thread specifically dealing with the new version here.

NEW VERSION 1.2 03/02/2013
    Finally, the app allows pairing via NFC and more:
    • NFC (Beta)
      NFC can now be used for connecting to the WiFi and opening FFT'S web address
      You will have to install an app like WiFiTap on the receipient's device for connecting to the WiFi via NFC.
      Please note that WiFiTap only connects to a WiFi that not already known.
      NFC pairing is in BETA state currently. Send me an email if you experience problems.
    • New notifications that display progress, file size, current transfer speed and estimated transfer time
    • Hints for QR code and NFC
    • Added support for Android 2.2 (Tested on ZTE Blade)
    • Now continues sending when device's screen is turned off or the app is closed to background
    • Loads of bug fixes:
      • Error message on devices where the app could not get an IP
      • Multiple files should now work
      • Should now correctly restore WiFi Tethering
      • Menu works for devices without HW menu button
      • Progress correctly shown for files bigger than 4GB

Features:

• Up to 20x speed of bluetooth :cool:
    • The receiver is device-independent
    • No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
    • No data usage for file transfers
    • The receiver does not have to have the app installed
    • Send single or multiple files
    • Easy to setup:
    • Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL

Facts:

Fast File Transfer
    Developer: Florian Draschbacher
    Price: Free
    Platform: Android 2.2 and higher

Play Store Link:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.fastfiletransfer

PLEASE NOTE:
    The app does not work on:
    Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
    Most HTC One devices
    HTC EVO devices
    Some Galaxy Y devices
    Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7

These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering.:mad: Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.

Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!:D
    This project is amazinh but seems to be abandoned, its been a year since a major update happened.

Due to that Im using Super Beam which now works with gingerbread also.

I hope this project isnt dead

Hope the project is going good..i have recommended this app to all my friends in my college and many are benefited..thanks for keeping this project alive...:). Sad part is that i have changed my device and i am so sad that i could not use this app...

This project is NOT dead !!!
    I am currently working on the new version that will feature a number of major improvements. I am unfortunately not progressing as fast as I'd like to due to my full time job, but I have already set up the frames for all new features and some of them are already working.
    Stay tuned.
    (@josuearisty: you switched to the competitor :( ? )

Gesendet von meinem GT-N5100 mit Tapatalk
    Thread cleaned. Keep it civil guys ;)

Stay tuned!
    Please dont ask for estimated time, let this guy do his amazing work for this amazing app. :)
    Take your time man, so you can make it as good as possible.
    Thanks ;)
    BTW, I sticked without an option, as I implemented notifications, which would be useless without the app working in background too.
    Just try the update and tell me if you still need an option.

Good news guys!:laugh:
    I just uploaded version 1.2 to the Play Store. It will be available in a few hours.
    Added NFC and a few other things. Check the first post in this thread, I've updated it.

Unfortunately, I have to postbone big things like the receiving part for some months, as I am still busy preparing for my A levels.
    But still, I hope you'll like the new update.;)