4.1.2 OEM 7105 Samsung Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hashcheck

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027586

Hi as of today i discovered the Samsung Updates have an OFFICIAL release of Android 4.1.2 for the N7105 Galaxy Note II LTE 4G and the pda filename is N7105XXDLK7 and the csc salescode is South Africa Vodafone but it works on every Note II LTE 4G!
The changelist is 590317 and the changelist of the leaked N7100XXDLJ2 firmvare is 422394 so a 167000 new things they have changed!

AND AGAIN THIS IN NO NO NO NO LEAK!!! Please read... NO LEAK!!!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: NEDSTER1972

Framedtrash

Runs fine on my n7105
I did a full wipe and install via mobile odin so I didnt loose root
Seems to be running fine
Also has the ink effect on the lock screen
uploadfromtaptalk1354611078385.jpg

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
Works fine. All my data was kept after flash. Easy to flash using odin.
Plus my data speed on t-mobile went from a maximum of 3mb to 13mb after flash.
Cheers

Reactions: mitchelln

mitchelln

Jan 13, 2011
Cheers
Hi. Sorry, I'm a a bit of a noob to the Samsung tools (having just come from the HTC world of hacking!). Can you tell Odin/Mobile Odin not to flash the modem part? I don't want to flash a SA modem onto my UK EE handset.

Thanks.

Higgins12

Nov 20, 2007
Hi. Sorry, I'm a a bit of a noob to the Samsung tools (having just come from the HTC world of hacking!). Can you tell Odin/Mobile Odin not to flash the modem part? I don't want to flash a SA modem onto my UK EE handset.

Thanks.

If it is a one Part Firmware like this one, no you can't. AFAIK you would need a 3 Part Firmware which consists of a Code, modem and csc part. There isn't a 3 part Firmware available right now.
What you could do is flash you current modem (your Providers Modem) seperately after flashing the Firmware.

mitchelln

Jan 13, 2011
If it is a one Part Firmware like this one, no you can't. AFAIK you would need a 3 Part Firmware which consists of a Code, modem and csc part. There isn't a 3 part Firmware available right now.
What you could do is flash you current modem (your Providers Modem) seperately after flashing the Firmware.
Hi. Thanks for your help.

I've extracted the tar from the zip and then unpacked the tar. I assume I can just flash the system and boot images via Mobile Odin and leave the others? Sorry to be asking so many questions. I just don't want to brick my handset by rushing head long into something new to me.

Thanks

Last edited:

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
Hi. Thanks for your help.

I've extracted the tar from the zip and then unpacked the tar. I assume I can just flash the system and boot images via Mobile Odin and leave the others? Sorry to be asking so many questions. I just don't want to brick my handset by rushing head long into something new to me.

Thanks

Yes mate all you do is unzip the tar then connect phone & flash through pda as normal.
Simples.

mitchelln

Jan 13, 2011
Yes mate all you do is unzip the tar then connect phone & flash through pda as normal.
Simples.
Just done it. Flashed system and boot images only with Mobile Odin. All went fine. I now have 4.1.2 and kept have my EE modem :)
The editable multi-window menu makes it worth the upgrade alone.

Thanks for your help with this :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bonderbond

meatmeat

Dec 18, 2010
I pretend to use mobile odin, which is the best way to root for mobile odin installation and without increase the counter?
Thanks

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
I pretend to use mobile odin, which is the best way to root for mobile odin installation and without increase the counter?
Thanks

Yes, you can use Mobile Odin Pro to install and root without increasing the counter.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35057300#post35057300

Download the file from the OP and unzip it to your internal or extenal SD.
Launch Mobile Odin Pro, tap "Open file" and select the unzipped .tar.md5 file.
Now tick "Enable EverRoot", "Inject Superuser (SuperSU)", and "Inject Mobile Odin".
If you want a completely clean installation, also tick "Wipe data and cache" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache" (Warning: this erases all installed apps and settings).
Then tap on "Flash firmware" to start the installation process.

meatmeat

Dec 18, 2010
Thanks, but before the mobile odin can be used the phone must be rooted, the question is: which is the best method for root the phone by the first time, without increase the counter and apear the yellow triangle? . I think that one option is flashing CF-root (with PC odin) and after use triangle away.
Thanks one more time.

Last edited:

cooltide

Jul 21, 2010
Munich
This is what I did. Flashed the phone /w PC Odin and used triangle away afterwards. Worked flawlessly.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2

mitchelln

Jan 13, 2011
If using Mobile Odin, it is a good idea to deselect the modem and hidden partitions as they are for a South African telco.

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
This is what I did. Flashed the phone /w PC Odin and used triangle away afterwards. Worked flawlessly.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2

If you go to System settings > About device > Status, does "Device status" say "Normal" or "Modified"?

I also rooted it with PC odin using this tutorial (stock recovery method) initially:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2

Unfortunately, Triangle Away was not able to reset the counter successfully (it was still showing "1"), and "Device status: Modified".

Anyway, as I was already rooted I then went the Mobile Odin Pro way selecting all the wipes. This brought back the counter to zero and "Device status: Normal" and gave me root access at the same time.

S

sawdoctor

Just done it. Flashed system and boot images only with Mobile Odin. All went fine. I now have 4.1.2 and kept have my EE modem :)

Hi I'm in the same boat and want to keep my ee modem and root. I've unzipped the file so do I just place the boot image and system image on my sd card and then flash them with mobile odin ? I'm not sure what affect having a SA modem on a British network would have on the phone if any

olisun39

Jun 4, 2010
Hi I'm in the same boat and want to keep my ee modem and root. I've unzipped the file so do I just place the boot image and system image on my sd card and then flash them with mobile odin ? I'm not sure what affect having a SA modem on a British network would have on the phone if any

I initially installed this full image incl the modem on my EE N7105 (am using with Three UK) and the speeds were all over the place.

So I then reflashed the original image and then this image minus the modem and I can say that the speeds have improved drastically...

Strangely I am also getting a signal albiet 1bar in in some places where I had zero signal before.

Don't know what this build contains to improve on the signal strength...

Also battery life has not depleted and seems to be better than the previous build.

Higgins12

Nov 20, 2007
I'm somehow getting horrible Battery Life when i flash the included (SA) Modem. It's about 4-6% per Hour while before i had 2-3% guess i have to flash again the Provider Firmware and then the new one excluding the Modem. I'm on Vodafone Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027586

Hi as of today i discovered the Samsung Updates have an OFFICIAL release of Android 4.1.2 for the N7105 Galaxy Note II LTE 4G and the pda filename is N7105XXDLK7 and the csc salescode is South Africa Vodafone but it works on every Note II LTE 4G!
    The changelist is 590317 and the changelist of the leaked N7100XXDLJ2 firmvare is 422394 so a 167000 new things they have changed!

AND AGAIN THIS IN NO NO NO NO LEAK!!! Please read... NO LEAK!!!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Cheers
    Simples.

Btw can't i just flash my old modem with mobile odin? Never tried that so i don't know if it will work
    Btw can't i just flash my old modem with mobile odin? Never tried that so i don't know if it will work
    Yes, you can extract the modem image from the original firmware file and flash that by itself with Mobile Odin after flashing the new ROM. But why bother when you can simply de-select it when you are flashing the new ROM?

Thanks for the info on the hidden partition image :)