[Q]Rooting by push SU - Phil3759
Sorry i have to ask here, cause i can't ask in the related thread
For phones affected by the superbrick bug (i9100, N7000) and that has a stock recovery accepting update.zip files (most phones with a temporary cwm.zip file at Clockworkmod site:
You can flash the attached files directly in stock recovery 3e, no need to cwm:
Download the root file:
- Root_SuperSU.0.96.Only-signed.zip for Chainfire SuperSU (the one that comes with CF_Root) without busybox.
- Root_SuperSU.0.96-FreeSpace.zip for Chainfire SuperSU without busybox (use only if you have issues with previous one, usually for phones having a /system partition with 0 free space).
- Root_SuperSU.0.96-Busybox.1.20.2-S2-signed.zip to install superSU + busybox v1.20.2 from Linus Yang.
- Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip if you prefer the classic ChainsDD superuser + Busybox from Linus Yang.
- Root_Busybox_1.20.2_Only_XXX.zip to install only Busybox from Linus Yang.
I advise Chainfire SuperSU for 2 reasons: it lets you unroot from within superSU application and it lets you migrate to ChainsDD superuser if you like later
Copy the Root_XXX.zip file you downloaded to externalsd card
Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power), and select "apply update from external storage". Now select the Root_XXX.zip file downloaded above and you are rooted
To unroot, do the above steps and replace the file Root_XXX.zip by the attached Unroot_SuperUser-Busybox-Uninstaller-Update2-signed.zip. It will delete superuser, su and busybox packages.
For a complete removal of busybox, look here at my Busybox Uninstaller which will remove ALL busybox symlinks (over 600 files depending on installers used before):
To get temporary cwm (to make nandroid backups...) or if stock recovery gives you a signature error, follow the next more universal steps.
the instruction is using 96
but i noticed there is a same zip with higher number
what's the different between the two ? for my SGS2 with jelly bean 4.1.2 which one should i use ?
also will the unroot method using
will work for the Root_SuperSU.0.98.Only-signed.zip