Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Degu release archos gen7/gen8 CM7 gingerbread (update 27-01-2013)

Tip us?

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanfy View Post
Following up to my prior post, I've confirmed that they crash/freeze/reboot bug for the 70IT 250GB is still present. I've re-installed Bull-Final several times, even formatted my drive clean and done a 100% clean install... nothing has worked. After the totally clean install I let the tablet sit idle at the home screen. In under 5 minutes it locked up and rebooted.

Better luck with the next version for me I hope.
In this setup with the image on the hd, you will continue to have problems on the 70IT 250GB. However I believe the 250Gb has a larger internal storage where your apps are installed and the rootfs from original firmware is or not?
Maybe we could use that extra space to copy the image there.

divx118

For gapps install http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/AndroidI...tallgoogleapps

Guanfy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx118 View Post
In this setup with the image on the hd, you will continue to have problems on the 70IT 250GB. However I believe the 250Gb has a larger internal storage where your apps are installed and the rootfs from original firmware is or not?
Maybe we could use that extra space to copy the image there.

divx118

For gapps install http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/AndroidI...tallgoogleapps
Titanium Backup reports the internal storage to be 1.7GB. Not sure if that's larger or smaller than the flash versions of the tablets. If you can figure out a way to place it there.. maybe I can get the stability needed to install Gapps...

fzelle
Old
Thanks Meter 97
The A70S has only 300MB for Data, so your space is alot bigger.
And you could have mentioned earlier that you have a 250.

As i said alot of times in the UrukDroid thread, if you guys with the A70H don't help solving the problem and always just stepping back and wait, you will never get a working rom.

So step forward and help.

Guanfy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzelle View Post
The A70S has only 300MB for Data, so your space is alot bigger.
And you could have mentioned earlier that you have a 250.

As i said alot of times in the UrukDroid thread, if you guys with the A70H don't help solving the problem and always just stepping back and wait, you will never get a working rom.

So step forward and help.
Fzelle, if you notice I do list the make and model of my tablet in every post in this thread when I am reporting a problem. Furthermore, where do I get started to assist divx118? From what I understand he would need some sort of debug output, but do you have information on how I would set that up. I'm willing to help IF I know how to. The neg attitude your pushing does not help anybody.

mmoalem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi there all - so glad to see this new rom so thanks a lot all who are involved and contribute.
I do have an issue with root. more exactly with titanium backup and some other apps requiring root...
i have updated superuser but still no good.
apps like root explorer and adaway work fine.
titanium comes up with "sorry, i could not aquire root privilages. This application..." (busybox is installed and seems to work fine. superuser has allowed titanium to be root but still same issue.
also clocksync doesnt seem to ask for root even thought it need it and Rom Toolbox lite works but only part of it's internal applications...
any ideas?
my device is A70IT 8GB

monstercheese
Old
(Last edited by monstercheese; 13th April 2012 at 12:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Did you tried to reboot your device ?
If yes, try to clear data of superuser apps and reboot.

Sent from my openAOS Build of Android 2.3 (cyanogenmod edition) using XDA

Guanfy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
That is definitely curious behavior. I don't know much about how root privileges work at the system level, but if I were to take a wild shot in the dark I would say something might have gone wrong when you flashed your zImage and initramfs file. Or to look at it from the other side, perhaps your installation of Titanium Backup is bad? My guess would be to try reflashing your zImage and initramfs files and see if that clears up your root permissions issue and/or reinstalling Titanium Backup. Just my .02.

rapunzel11
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Just let me say one thing before. I've loved my Archos 70IT. But today i've got a lenovo ideapad A1 for only 139 €uros. It has Android Gingerbread out of the box. First i was shocked, I've got only 1200 points on quadrant benschmark test. But everything seems much faster and smoother, especially browsing and starting up Applications. Don't know why?. The quality of processing is much better and the display is amazing in comparison to the 70it ones. It also has some bad viewing angles, but it is much sharper and the colours are brighter. I haven't await the quality of an Apples iPad Display for this price. But it also brings GPS and two cameras for this price. And auto brightness and a vibration motor are also on board. And the best I've found a working ClockworkMod for this device on XDA.

This is a little off topic, I know. And it isn't my purpose to reduce the work of all developers here. But I think times of the G(eneration)8 devices are gone. Archos was one of first who has sold low priced, android based pads with a capacitiv and multitouch display. But time changes, and I'm not sure if G9 pads will be successful.

But don't worry....

nekoryu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel11 View Post
Just let me say one thing before. I've loved my Archos 70IT. But today i've got a lenovo ideapad A1 for only 139 €uros. It has Android Gingerbread out of the box. First i was shocked, I've got only 1200 points on quadrant benschmark test. But everything seems much faster and smoother, especially browsing and starting up Applications. Don't know why?. The quality of processing is much better and the display is amazing in comparison to the 70it ones. It also has some bad viewing angles, but it is much sharper and the colours are brighter. I haven't await the quality of an Apples iPad Display for this price. But it also brings GPS and two cameras for this price. And auto brightness and a vibration motor are also on board. And the best I've found a working ClockworkMod for this device on XDA.

This is a little off topic, I know. And it isn't my purpose to reduce the work of all developers here. But I think times of the G(eneration)8 devices are gone. Archos was one of first who has sold low priced, android based pads with a capacitiv and multitouch display. But time changes, and I'm not sure if G9 pads will be successful.

But don't worry....
That was... Irrelevant.

On the brighter side, I did clear the data/cache for the SuperUser app, and now I have root access with no problems on all the apps. Thank you monstercheese! (Sounds a bit like Homer Simpson with 'Help me mayonnaise!')

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by philocritus View Post
no mx video player hwa :(
I just tested it and that is not entirely true. If the video codec is supported it will play with hw codecs roughly that means if it plays in stock videoplayer. However most codecs are still not supported they need to be "fixed" first.
In principle it should be able to play all codecs which also are available in stock (I use stock dsp libs in CM7), but the right codec needs to be called for the video file. There is it where it currently fails. It doesn't recognize the video files properly.

divx118