Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upcoming ICS, Will you Update?

Tip us?

dumraden
Old
Thanks Meter 386
There is already a thread with the same type of discussion...

As I said on that particular thread, all current ICS users (kamarush,exMIUI,CM9), what is your battery drain %/hour? Because mine with Spartan Rom is around 0,5%/hour with 2g only active, and in deep sleep mode.

IF Sony's 4.0 manages to have that sort of battery drain I will update. Until then, GB is more than enough for me.
Device: Xperia SP
Kernel: Stock CWM Enabled
Rom: SPartan v1.0

Did you find what posted helpful? Thank me for it by pressing the "Thanks" button.
Did you find it arrogant and abusive? I couldn't care less.

batman368
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChavitoArg View Post
Do you know something about development at least? Sony has to put all the Timescape and xperia interface to it and stuff, Thats the main problem, is not just a clean rom.

Sent from my SK17a using xda premium
I just heard that the official ICS update is postponed again, mid april for the first few 2011 xperias, mini and mini pro coming later, like end of may to mid june:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products...rom-mid-april/

I can see it's tough to put all those things in a ROM, and I agree on the longer testing period. At least Sony does release updates, we should be happy we don't have a SGS :)

alexander.kilian
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default mid Aprils is NOW!

Haven't seen anything about a released version for the Arc S yet, but it should be just around the corner. Let's see if Sony keeps the revised schedule.

I will update my SK17i as soon as there is a final ICS available. Let's see if it will be CM or Sony ;)

Tested CM9 (RC0, 115) already and it looks promising. The BT media issue made me switch back to stock for now.

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to alexander.kilian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

afeeq
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander.kilian View Post
Haven't seen anything about a released version for the Arc S yet, but it should be just around the corner. Let's see if Sony keeps the revised schedule.

I will update my SK17i as soon as there is a final ICS available. Let's see if it will be CM or Sony ;)

Tested CM9 (RC0, 115) already and it looks promising. The BT media issue made me switch back to stock for now.

Alex
if Sony dont want to update to ICS our xperia 2011 for low end device such as xperia mini/pro, live for walkman etc. Why dont they just make it open source for our device just like beta for Play or Ray? They afraid they will lost customer but they already lost many customer. Thats why they use promotion for new device but same performance. Stupid strategies.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1997

DONATE TO ME
Xperia Mini and others are not low-end devices. First, specs are higher than some devices. Second, these phones are inside same as Arc, Ray, Neo. Chipset is the same. That means if ray gets ICS, then others can have it also.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium