multiple sims

Search This thread

miuiandroidfan

Apr 16, 2012
From memory a lot of ZTE and Huawaei phones do tend to be dual sim. I think there's a few triple sim ones as well.

Seems to be a super popular feature on asian markets for some reason. Exactly why, not sure.

Perfect for scammers! :p haha, but seriously, having 2 sims is beneficial as you can use one phone for both work and personal numbers. Much better than having 2 phones.

Camboui

Apr 23, 2012
There are many reasons to get dual-sim smartphones.

There are many asian gadget websites selling lots of such phones. Maybe etotalk.com is one of the most adapted to get a "worldwide customized" phone.
Personally I'm searching an Android 4.0 ICS dual-sim phone, seems to not exist yet, but expected in may.
Any experienced buyers here for such phones ?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

wpra3

May 29, 2011
Melbourne
lol they even have triple sim standby 2GSM and 1CDMA, its really crazy. The real problem would be battery, having 1 is already bad, 2 or 3, dont even think about it.

guitarplayerone

Jan 7, 2012
NYC
If you are trying to get a dual sim phone to not have to carry two phones around and have a reasonably large amount of minutes on your phone, why not keep the work phone at home hooked up to the charger with call forwarding enabled to your main device? I am also aware of apps which allow caller ID spoofing, so essentially there would be no issue with calling back on a number which is not your 'work number'

Just trying to contribute a potential workaround

matt885

May 1, 2012
www.celular-mobile.com
The 2 in 1 adapter is not really working, it´s a mess with the wiring and all that stuff. Samsung will release a Dual Sim Smartphone soon, I think it´s the Galaxy X which they will over with Dual Sim Support and Android Gingerbread, maybe this could be interesting for you.

Kind Regards

Matt

E:V:A

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
Get yourself a Nokia-101 !! It works, costs 20 EUR and the battery last for nearly 2 weeks in standby!!

BTW. Nokia ♥ Samsung = True!

Last edited:

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
http://www.dgpal.com/product/skyroa...phone-3gs-iphone-4-ipad-ipad-2-android-phone/

probably be the simplest solution for you. It just isn't cheap. Maybe ebay?

I used to carry 2 phones...
Tried to find a dual SIM phone with dual standby mode and HSPA for both SIMs... no chance.
I decided to go for the Skyroam Gmate.
Now I'm running a unlimited phone call/sms/data SIM + simple SIM in Gmate.
It runs great. It allows me to have both numbers active at the same time.
For now, this is the solution (for me).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA

Milton515

Mar 31, 2010
Fort Vally
I would suggest using Google Voice for second line... That way you don't have yo buy a new phone, nor do you have to pay yo bills/add minutes to two lined

Sent from Monster Note

lenhkp

Sep 16, 2012
shillong
If you love android, you really shouldnt' opt for Chinese chingping phones, be it dual, tripple or even quartet similar enabled.... the operating system sucks....
But again, the choice is all yours

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

larso69

Sep 12, 2012
Sure you asked about dual sims and you got the answer i guess.

But there are tons of services your(?) telecom provider.. provides... That mimic these features.
But then again, your business have to support that. Maybe they do? Check with them.

MemoryController

Dec 21, 2011
Thessaloniki
The bt adapter is better as you can use it with any android Phone and not only low end devices. Plus you can use it with tablets!!! Gmate is great!! And no I'm not working for them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,
    there are any way of hacking my htc to use multiple sims at the same time?

thanks
    Yeah. It's called buying another identical phone and taping them side by side.

*end sarcasm mode*

No, its limited by the chipset.
    there are 2 in 1 sim adapters you can buy on ebay that will allow 2 sims for one slot. however there are many "versions" and some work some dont, its very hit and miss unless you know sim tech.. the one thats 40$ over the 3$ one with the newer version number is usually the one to go with..

but also know NOTHING about htc devices.