[Kernel] Kitkat CM (015) Hybrid (UV/FastCharge/S2w/Intelliplug/Intelliactive)[Jun-01]

Search This thread

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I also flashed b5, and it does appear the cpu's max in system tuner ia still 1.5 ghz..
Then again this is still a beta and overclocking is definitely not my main prioriry.
I'm just looking for a rock steady and fast kernel so am going to give b5 a good run for it's money.
I'm sure Faux will sort out the oc issue and iron out any kinks.

Thanks Faux... Keep up the good work.
;)

Sent from a tin of baked beans, using a spoon, some tinfoil, chewing gum and MacGyver's manual.

dsm52

May 14, 2007
Manchester
I also flashed b5, and it does appear the cpu's max in system tuner ia still 1.5 ghz..
Then again this is still a beta and overclocking is definitely not my main prioriry.
I'm just looking for a rock steady and fast kernel so am going to give b5 a good run for it's money.

Agreed, an efficient, stable kernel is definitely a must. Overclocking/undervolting etc is a bonus!

I wonder what else has changed/improved in b5.

Xphoid

Apr 24, 2012
Istanbul
If, like @dsm52 has also mentioned; efficient and stable kernel is our real concern and overclocking/undervolting etc is just extras which may or may not be used...

Does beta5 is the right choice to flash? does OC and other experimental tweaks came by default?

Or shall we flash beta 3?

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
the title of the thread says b3. when faux makes an announcement that he is releasing b5 on here then i would suggest to download...do not forget on the other site it is still work in progress and warns people what effects it might have if you overclock..so before you flash something take the time to read first what you are flashing.;) i will wait till our good master kernel himself releases it here

wolfraim

Dec 9, 2009
Santiago
orgulloateo.tumblr.com
If, like @dsm52 has also mentioned; efficient and stable kernel is our real concern and overclocking/undervolting etc is just extras which may or may not be used...

Does beta5 is the right choice to flash? does OC and other experimental tweaks came by default?

Or shall we flash beta 3?

i think the same, we dont need to spend our battery in a powerfull phone, we just need a stable, battery friendly and smooth phone to work ALL THE DAY.

We appreciate all your work in OC themes (Faux123), but all of xda community uses his gadgets to work, not only for game all the day.

:)

Reactions: W0WA

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
I can not overclock!!!

i've flashed kernel and modules b5 but don't see option's for oc ...

Thanks Faux... Keep up the good work.
;)

Sent from a tin of baked beans, using a spoon, some tinfoil, chewing gum and MacGyver's manual.

What does the kernel version string say?

The correct string should be:

Linux version 2.6.39.4-g6990c7
paul@ubuntu #41
SMP PREEMPT

hiazn

Jan 20, 2008
honolulu
In the words of the wise kernel master...

WARNING: THIS OVERCLOCKING COULD PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE HARDWARE, CORRUPT YOUR PHONE DATA resulting IN BRICKS!!!!! USE @ YOUR OWN RISK!

:D

ie Dont whine after if your phone is a molten pile of slag! hahaa

As always you dont disappoint Faux :) Thanks!

Last edited:

chudm

Jun 25, 2011
Maracaibo
guys i received my One x two days ago, and im trying several kernels, im about to try this, is there any suggestion for better battery life? i usually dont play any games, just videos, music, text, whatsapp, internet and stuff like that, i just want good perfomance for that and better battery life, should i underclock/undervolt the cpu with this kernel to get that? thanks for all!

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
guys i received my One x two days ago, and im trying several kernels, im about to try this, is there any suggestion for better battery life? i usually dont play any games, just videos, music, text, whatsapp, internet and stuff like that, i just want good perfomance for that and better battery life, should i underclock/undervolt the cpu with this kernel to get that? thanks for all!

leave it stock as it is mate. get yourself No-Frills from the market. Set your clock speeds to 1.5Ghz max and 304 or whatever you want to stick it as min. i have 304mhz as minimum but that is down to you. using interactive governor and deadline scheduler...have auto sync on all the time and wifi as well. and so far 20hrs and 2hrs screen on time and still 47%battery.

that should say it all really;)

Reactions: W0WA

hiazn

Jan 20, 2008
honolulu
I dont have OC option either here's a screenshot of my CPU info for reference :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-18-06-42-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-18-06-42-05.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 224

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Those who cannot OC, I need a kernel log from you.

Here's how you can get it:

1. While phone is working normally, hold power + volume down key for a few seconds (yes, you will take a screen shot, but keep holding it down until it reboots)
2. After the phone rebooted and you are back to normal, use root explorer or es explorer with root access and copy the file /proc/last_kmsg to your sdcard folder
3. paste the content of the last_kmsg to either pastebin.com or zip it up and post them here.

This way I can see what revisions of Tegra3 are out there.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I dont have OC option either here's a screenshot of my CPU info for reference :)

same for me, same cpu info..

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Those who cannot OC, I need a kernel log from you.

Here's how you can get it:

1. While phone is working normally, hold power + volume down key for a few seconds (yes, you will take a screen shot, but keep holding it down until it reboots)
2. After the phone rebooted and you are back to normal, use root explorer or es explorer with root access and copy the file /proc/last_kmsg to your sdcard folder
3. paste the content of the last_kmsg to either pastebin.com or zip it up and post them here.

This way I can see what revisions of Tegra3 are out there.

Doing this takes me into hboot, it won't reboot normally...

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

The log says:
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [412fc099] revision 9 (ARMv7),cr=10c5387f

Do you need more info?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

[normal mode]
    1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. extract boot.img from the zip file to a location of your choice ON YOUR PC
    4. open up a command window (Windows) or shell terminal (Linux/Mac)
    5. connect USB cable to the phone
    6. type "adb reboot bootloader"
    [fastboot mode]
    7. type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    8. Once fastboot flash is completed, disconnect the USB cable
    9. Select hboot using volume buttons on the phone
    [recovery mode]
    10. Select recovery
    11. go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    12. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

****************** KitKat KERNEL (Android Version 4.4.x) ******************

Change Log => http://faux.romhost.me/endeavoru/kk44/changelog.txt

(Mainline Edition: All Variants => 1.40 Quad)
    The File ==> One-X Kernel Mainline <==

OLD OLD DEPRECATED KERNELS BELOW

****************** Ice Cream Sandwich KERNEL (Android Version 4.0.x) ******************
    (Mainline Edition: All Variants => 1.40 Quad)
    The File ==> One-X Kernel Mainline <==

(Ultimate Edition: Variant based CPU overclocking: Variant 3 => 1.60 Quad, Variant 2 => 1.55 Quad, Variant 1 => 1.50 Quad)
    The File ==> One-X Kernel Ultimate <==

************** ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR THIS VERSION AT ALL, DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO POST **************
    (Ultimate Edition: Variant FREE CPU overclocking: Variant 3 => 1.60 Quad, Variant 2/1/0 => 1.55 Quad)
    The File ==> One-X Kernel Variant Free <==

[ Advanced Users: ]

How to find tegra3 CPU variant information with my kernels:

use terminal or file explorer of your choice with root access and read/open this following file below:

Code:
    /sys/kernel/debug/t3_variant

cpu_process_id <== is the variant info range from 0~3

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

NEWS BULLETIN:

One-X kernel 012 is out based on latest CM release!

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The XDA community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL
    https://github.com/faux123/android_kernel_htc_endeavoru

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Like] button below
    DUE TO MY EXTREMELY BUSY SCHEDULE BOTH @ WORK AND @ HOME, I WILL ONLY MAKE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ONCE PER WEEK
    Open Beta may not be stable and may cause issues with your phone!

By loading open beta you have agreed to:

1. To report all random reboots with associated /proc/last_kmsg
    2. To provide feedback on errors or bugs with detail phone information such as ROM, kernel version, and apps
    3. Participate in Forum discussions for the beta software with others without FLAMING each other or post useless information such as:
    a} Phone doesn't boot (without providing any additional information, ROM versions etc)
    b} phone is too hot (without providing any additional information, ie OC freq, UV etc)

The Open Beta system is designed to have the community help each other and the developers. This way, all potential bugs are flushed out so the final released version will be stable and error free. The more actively you participate in Beta Testing the better the final product will be (you are really helping yourself to create a better community software).

If you do NOT agree with the statements above, DO NOT load my Open Beta software.

Kernel 012 Open Beta 1 is out! (BETAs ARE ALWAYS ULTIMATE + Variant Free unless I stated otherwise)

ICS ==> http://faux.androidro.ms/endeavoru/beta/endeavoru-Faux123-012b1.zip

[ build 1 ]
    Add Low Power (LP) core overdrive :D
    (What is LP overdrive? LP core is capable of running up to 620 MHz @ 1.3 volts, so I simply unlocked the LP core to allow it to operate @ max freq. The overdrive also adjust the G cluster / LP core cross over point. The stock version was @ 475MHz LP / 370 MHz G-cluster, I moved the cross over point to 620MHz LP / 513 MHz G-cluster).

What does all this mean? It means LP core is now able to handle more load up to 620MHz single core before switching over to the more power hunger G-Clusters. This should theoretically save more battery life (since LP core is designed to very power frugal in Hardware). When you check the CPU stats with CPUSpy, you will see the cross over points 513MHz and 620 MHz to have high usage time. <== THIS is normal because the stats counts BOTH the LP time and the G-Cluster time so it appears to have more time than other frequencies.
    Quick Update:

My wife was finally able to check out of the hospital last night around 9 PM. She's home recovering (still experiencing severe pain :( ) I will try to update the kernel to 4.2.2 when possible. Thanks for all the well wishes and support!