[APK]SwiftKey Flow

Search This thread

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
All that rainbow goodness = slowness = I miss the old swipe to erase. :confused:

Try this for slowness.
You can hold the erase button to erase a word, although it's not nearly as efficient as the old swipe to erase. Hopefully they'll add a "Swipe from back button to erase" function.

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Its Fab

Thanks jujuburi for the app :)
The app is freaking nice :)
Makes typing so fluid and smooth :D
Will post it in Xperia Neov forum :)

Last edited:

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com
I bought SwiftKey 3 the first day they added my Language and it's been the best keyboard for me..

I never could have Swyped with Swype or any other similar keyboard.. than I got email about Flow beta and immediately flashed...
OMG OMG OMG.. Using it since day ONE and usinf FLOW as much as possible... It's incredible.. like it's smarter than me!! highly recommended

Reactions: zomer331

jaysus145

Feb 4, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
But like others said I have to get used to the fact that the "swipe to erase" function is gone.

I do not think the function is gone, I think it is simply disabled when Flow is enabled.

Add me to the list that would like to see a work around for when Flow is enabled though (and the swipe down to close the keyboard).

QUESTION: has anyone found themselves using the phone version on a 7" tablet? How do you like it if so?

kimboinatl

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
I have been using it on my GNex for a few days now to try it out. Until then I was using Swype. Here are some things I've noticed:

It is really good at predicting which word I meant to type. Sometimes it's almost a little creepy how good it is at guessing this. I find that when I swipe words that it almost always gets them right.

The down side is when it gets a word wrong. With swype I would swipe everything out, then go back and edit it. Double tapping on a word highlighted it, then I could type out the correct word and replace it. With Swiftkey Flow I seem to have to manually delete the word first, then I have to type it in.

The other down side (related to the above) is that if it does put in the wrong word it's not as easy to correct it immediately as it is with Swype. Swype offers a list of words I might have meant to type instead... Swiftkey Flow sort of does this, but it only offers up 3 words as far as I can tell.

One last annoyance is when I'm trying to type in something like a URL or email address. Pain in the ass. I have to keep backing up every time I enter a period.

Despite the negatives I mentioned above, though, I am enjoying it. It is really, really good at figuring out what I meant to say.

fergadeth

Sep 20, 2012
hmm, I enjoyed swype beta and now love the current full version of swiftkey. I don't like the sound of the battery drain or the browser problems so think I will wait until these problems are sorted and the gesture typing is integrated into the full version of the app (I hope that it will be).

driftinganomaly

Jan 26, 2011
Northern California
Official links for SwiftKey

To Download go to:
http://swiftkey.net/flow/

To report bugs or discusss the beta, go to the VIP forum here:
http://vip.swiftkey.net/

To suggest new features, go to the public support forum here:
http://support.swiftkey.net/

I have tried to post these on the portal article that points to this thread, but it gets pulled down. It is probably an automatic thing because it contains URL's....

ra9b

Dec 17, 2011
Atlanta
for some reason, when i downloaded it, it kept fcing. (i downloaded it from the email they sent me.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe this is the moment I was waiting for, a worthy replacement of Swype.

Talk later, work first, download the attached APK of SwiftKey Flow. And don't go away, come here, and comment, how you are liking it.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Download can be found at their website:

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

** Changelogs for latest version:
    * Fixed crash on changing keyboards
    * Fixed force close on clicking update language
    * Fixed other crashes
    * Resolved majority of non-English punctuation problems
    * New look installer to match SwiftKey Flow colors and include an introduction to SwiftKey Flow
    * Added Turkish layout
    * Chrome Beta should now behave like Chrome
    * Localised to new languages
    * Snap and tap (correction of words) now compatible with Vietnamese
    * Memory usage of settings app reduced
    * Improved handling of non-zero length selection in Chrome and Samsung mail client
    * Fixed jumping cursor in ExDialer and Samsung calculator
    * Microphone key disabled in fields that don't support voice input
    * Fix for keyboard disappearing when phone build installed on tablet sized devices
    * Disabled predictions in Kingsoft Office and UC browser to make SK usable in them
    * Double space for period turned off by default to prevent accidental period insertion when flowing
    * Replaced 'learnt' with 'learned' in personalization page (US English)
    * Turned off slide down from candidates bar to close keyboard when flow is on (to be consistent with the description in the Settings menu)

**Known Issues:**

* Crash when looking at the heatmap if you visit immediately after using the alternative symbols layout
    * Comma key on Arabic keyboard inserts western comma
    * Blank predictions on switching between languages
    * Flowing words still sometimes results in surprising capitalisations
    * No SD card ribbon looks bad on low end devices

-- Views on latest version: You can now Flow everywhere, except S Note app. Also you've to hit backspace when a prediction goes wrong, which is time wasting IMO. There is no more option of rapid or precise typing. Otherwise it's good.

♦ HOW TO SAVE CUSTOM WORDS:
    Type the word manually. Tap and select it. Close the keyboard by pressing the back button, I am not talking about backspace. Pull the keyboard up. It is learnt or saved.

♦♦ If you have a bug to report, then please go to this link and report it,
    http://vip.swiftkey.net/index.php?/forum/97-bug-reports-phone/
    The official page offers download for tablets also! Ty it out! I'll be trying it in a few mins!
    http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hello. I have edited out all of your 3rd party links and replaced it with the link to the download that is available for everyone at the Swiftkey website. I'm sure Swiftkey wants everyone to download it directly from their site so that they can keep better track of download counts and other little thing that could help them fine tune and troubleshoot their product. Unless you can prove that Swiftkey gave you permission to host the file on a bunch of other sites... :)

Thanks,
    DSB
    I can not install it on my phone, none of the versions.

Android 4.0.4, no root, stock everything. Thee install button does not work (disabled)... why???

Pity!

Are you using screen filter? This happens to me when I had it enabled. (stock 4.0.4 too)

<---Slide(it)d from my Desire X --->
    Re: [APK]SwiftKey Flow Beta

Another update is released. Check the official link in OP.
    Will update my views on the latest Beta in OP later.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100