VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED]

Search This thread

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
Well, I believe you should still be able to flash again. Can you still get into download menu?

please join #lg-g2 on freenode

I'll try to do it again.

I'm at work right now so can't get on freenode right now. I'll redownload the files and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I'm back in download mode after a scary unplug and replug.

downloading the .tot file from your mirror now. 20 minutes to finish.

Here's hoping!

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I'm gonna sound like a pain, but does anyone possibly have the ROMs tot file hosted somewhere else? Both host sites are blocked for me while at work. No prob if they arent, I'll just wait till later. Thought I'd ask.

Yea, Here it is Directly Hosted on MY server. I posted this link 2 weeks ago in the stickied thread
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/Verizon+G2/

Also This Guide works on Verizon as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Last edited:

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Yea, Here it is Directly Hosted on MY server. I posted this link 2 weeks ago in the stickied thread
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/Verizon+G2/

Also This Guide works on Verizon as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
That file is a kdz. It will not work for my guide. LG Flash Tool required tot files. Weras FlashTool works with kdz.

That guide only works if you happen to not be on windows 8 anyways, and some other versions have issues too. FlashTool is not very stable. But if it works for you then by all means. The crash I got was always on "read info from phone"

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
It worked!!

Status says "unrooted"!!!

:laugh:

I think the mistake I made was that when it was loading the first time, I closed the Tool program, thinking it was no longer necessary. Might want to put in the instructions to make sure to keep that running. Probably obvious to some, but not to others....

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I'm gonna sound like a pain, but does anyone possibly have the ROMs tot file hosted somewhere else? Both host sites are blocked for me while at work. No prob if they arent, I'll just wait till later. Thought I'd ask.

That file is a kdz. It will not work for my guide. LG Flash Tool required tot files. Weras FlashTool works with kdz.

That guide only works if you happen to not be on windows 8 anyways, and some other versions have issues too. FlashTool is not very stable. But if it works for you then by all means. The crash I got was always on "read info from phone"

Yea but you DONT click "read info from phone" you skip that and click upgrade start.

AmbroseAI

Nov 11, 2008
Southern Indiana
I successfully unrooted my device using this method. If you are not comfortable with rooting/flashing roms and working with Windows, do yourself a favor and find someone who is to help you. There are several ways you can screw this up if you're not extremely careful!

Having said all that, it does work and it will make your phone "factory fresh," and it will show "unrooted" when you are finished. Thanks very much to the OP.

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I successfully unrooted my device using this method. If you are not comfortable with rooting/flashing roms and working with Windows, do yourself a favor and find someone who is to help you. There are several ways you can screw this up if you're not extremely careful!

Having said all that, it does work and it will make your phone "factory fresh," and it will show "unrooted" when you are finished. Thanks very much to the OP.

Did it wipe your data?

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for this. Wiped back to factory....Now I'll root the new way.

Last edited:

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
I rooted my VZW G2 with the chinese root so I am now trying to use these instructions to revert to stock. Strange thing is that I can't see it in my device manager. Which category did it appear under for you guys?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it under Ports :)

Last edited:

jasonsf

Oct 27, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Anyone know if vol-up+USB only works with oem cable? I'm in the twrp loop after ota and need to flash back but can't get back in to download mode. Left my oem cable at home.

Thanks-
Jason

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks. I had a lot of trouble with the main Go Back to stock thread for VZW.
    Mostly because of FlashTool and the fact I am on windows 8.

CLICK HERE FOR THE KDZ METHOD IF THIS ONE GIVES YOU ISSUES

This guide should work for anyone on Verizon. And the methods may be good for other variants though
    DO NOT USE THESE FILES if you are not verizon!

IF YOU CANT GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE, TRY THIS

GUIDE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download drivers: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

Download and INSTALL LG Flash Tool 1.8 [UPDATED]: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

Download this DLL file: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror
    - extract and overwrite the one at C:\LG\LGFlashTool (which will be there if you already installed LG Flash tool like you should have) <Do this. People are missing this. If you get a logon screen in the LG Flash Tool you didnt do this.

Download the Flash Device DLL: WACOMalt Mirror | MJS Mirror

And most importantly the Rom's tot file:
    [11A]
    WACOMalt Mirror[11A]
    COMPRESSED zip file md5 - d89f8af8d58c506cd62597a5f7ad3d18
    EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9158c88c3beef107388929955979e3c7
    bweN diorD Mirror[11A]
    COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 97deb69a24ed1946247f471205fee89e
    EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9158c88c3beef107388929955979e3c7

[10B - it's an older image sir, but it checks out]
    WACOMalt Mirror[10B]
    COMPRESSED zip file md5 - d89f8af8d58c506cd62597a5f7ad3d18
    EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9f04bfd357c66dbf808bacb0febcf02e
    bweN diorD Mirror[10B]
    COMPRESSED rar file md5 - 5372f54f0b981baeaae242ce41dbddbe
    EXTRACTED TOT file md5 - 9f04bfd357c66dbf808bacb0febcf02e

bweN diorD's download link post in case the links in this thread break again. Thanks bweN diorD!

MAKE SURE TO VALIDATE THE DOWNLOADED FILE with the md5 hashes listed under the links you followed for the tots.

You can use this to check It will add a tab to the Propterties" window for any file. Check that your MD5 matches the ones pertaining to your downloads. There is an MD5 listed for each download for the zip file, and for the tot included in the zip. If the TOT MD5 matches then you are fine. We only included the zip MD5s so you can quickly check as soon as you finish downloading. Repeat: MAKE SURE THE TOT FILE's MD5 MATCHES THE ONE LISTED UNDER THE LINK FOR "tot file md5". If it does, you are good to proceed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if un der "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

hit ok and all that and close out the properties.

2) Open LG Flash Tool

You may get a menu asking ??? Korean something, choose that one hit OK.

Now in here you have to choose "Select Manual Mode" checkbox on top then on the top DLL box choose the "LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll" we saved earlier, then in the S/W box click add and choose your TOT file. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE ITS THE RIGHT ONE

Then hit OK.

3) Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window. It will prepare and maybe give a milky way error (seriously) ignore it until it says finished, or ready.

4) Now unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volUp+USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.

It will restart around 83% and then you are done!

if you red light is flashing on phone just unplug and hold middle power until it either boots or turns off so you can turn it back on.

Done!

Want to root again? Follow IOMonster's guide and rooter here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45692679#post45692679
    TWRP is now built for ATT and VZW variants, installation instructions can be found here.

Thanks to #lg-g2 on freenode for the help.
    Specifically MJS for the mirrors, autoprime for files and tons of help, IOMonster for tons of help (also a new root!), djkinetic for tons of help, ni291187, Huskehn, [1]ibt, DeamonFish and probably more. Thanks folks!

I want to stress that this guide was written with only Verizon variant in mind, while it may work for others Id appreciate not flooding this thread with requests about other variants.
    Yes, this guide can be useful for them, but stuff will be different. I don't know what, and I don't care. Please don't post in this topic if you have issues with another variant, you can always start a new post, or join another one for that.
    IF you wish to request me to write a guide for your variant, then please acquire links to all required resources, tell me what's different, and I'll put together a guide for you. Until that happens, no off-topic posts in here PLEASE.
    Vs98026a tot

It appears that Autoprime has uploaded the VS98026A.tot.zip it can be found here.
    This works like a charm and resets the rooting status flag to "unrooted" double win!
    I am trying to restore to stock everything (coming from successful install of TWRP 2.7.0.0 + Vanir 4.4.2). I cannot get into download mode. Simply gives me the[500] fastboot error when I hold volume + and plug into PC. Any help please?
    Restore download mode with xdabbeb's zip from his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51855848
    Scroll down to the link for restoring download mode.
    Download Links!!

You can also get the files under the TOT install method in this OP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45293512

thanks, now i can provide both files to this thread :) (thanks to op of the files in the other thread)

@WACOMalt
    you can put these mirrors in the op if you wish (give credit please, as im hosting these from a paid account. thx). i prefer this method to restore my phone and would like to see the thread stay alive.

10b tot md5. 5372F54F0B981BAEAAE242CE41DBDDBE
    11a tot md5. 97DEB69A24ED1946247F471205FEE89E
    (extract to get the .tot file inside)(the md5 i provided is for the entire zip, the md5 in the op should match the .tot file inside)

simple md5 checking tool if you need it.