[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
I really am close to killing myself due to sadness and disappointment because of my phone's battery life. lol. I have a Galaxy Note 2(4.1.1 ver) and my battery lasts for 12-16 hours. I use it mostly for Facebook, Google, Viber and YouTube. I have other typical social networking/comm apps (YM,Skype, Instagram,Twitter) but I dont use them often. I have less than 10 games (Temple Run2, Angry Birds, Diamond Dash) but I dont play for more than 15 mins. I have observed that when my phone is NOT in use, it decreases by 7-10% per hour (sometimes 1% /5minutes on idle) during the day. At night, before I go to sleep, it is a fully charged phone and when I wake up, 25% of the battery's life is gone within 8hrs of not touching it even to check the time. I dont know if its the normal draining rate of the battery, if its a factory defect on the battery or the phone itself, or if it is the app or android system. They say you need to turn off the location or something but I couldn't seem to find it. My phone is just 4 days old, or maybe 5. Im hoping when the phone turns a week old, things will be better. Or should I try to kill myself now? Any possible solutions???

PS. Please try to use "simple" instructions or terms. I really am not good about technology.

InfinityFTW

Feb 6, 2012
Tromsø, Norway (We have æøå!)
I really am close to killing myself due to sadness and disappointment because of my phone's battery life. lol. I have a Galaxy Note 2(4.1.1 ver) and my battery lasts for 12-16 hours. I use it mostly for Facebook, Google, Viber and YouTube. I have other typical social networking/comm apps (YM,Skype, Instagram,Twitter) but I dont use them often. I have less than 10 games (Temple Run2, Angry Birds, Diamond Dash) but I dont play for more than 15 mins. I have observed that when my phone is NOT in use, it decreases by 7-10% per hour (sometimes 1% /5minutes on idle) during the day. At night, before I go to sleep, it is a fully charged phone and when I wake up, 25% of the battery's life is gone within 8hrs of not touching it even to check the time. I dont know if its the normal draining rate of the battery, if its a factory defect on the battery or the phone itself, or if it is the app or android system. They say you need to turn off the location or something but I couldn't seem to find it. My phone is just 4 days old, or maybe 5. Im hoping when the phone turns a week old, things will be better. Or should I try to kill myself now? Any possible solutions???

PS. Please try to use "simple" instructions or terms. I really am not good about technology.

If your phone is rooted, you could try to go to the play store and download "media rescan root" and open it and follow the instructions. If that does not help, a screenshot of battery usage both from settings and Better BatteryStats.
You don't have to kill yourself yet :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360013232966.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360013232966.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 46

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
see... i told you something's not right. would it be easier if i just do the "restore factory settings option?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-04-23-46-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-04-23-46-00.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 54

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
im not sure if youll be able to see this one. for some reason it doesnt show on my first upload.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-04-23-46-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-04-23-46-25.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 49

str8havoc

Aug 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Verizon Galaxy Note 2 HELP!!!!!

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to help a friend with his GN2. From what I understand he received the latest upgrade from Verizon and tried to unlock the bootloader. When you power up the phone we get this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Now I'm having him download the Kies software to see if it will help. We are able to get the phone into "download mode" for Odin. But every time we try to flash the stock it always fails.

Is there anything else we can do. Thanks for any Help.

Jan 3, 2013
Wifi connectivity issue in Galaxy N7100 for CM10.1 ROMs

Hi All

I am using the Galaxy Note 2 international model. I am trying the CM 10.1 nightly ROM's and other ROM's like HyperdroidJBX V2.0. They are cool roms and I really like them, but the only problem I am facing is the Wifi connectivity issue. At any point of time, when I am turning on and selecting my home Wifi connection, it stays on 'Obtaining IP address' or some other message, but never gets connected. This is the same issue, I faced even in 4.1.2 versions, but I had a work around as follows. Now, I don't know , how to do that in 4.2.1 ROM's.

Open dial pad and dial *#0011* and then chose Wifi from Menu. Turn off the button which is currently 'on' and the Wifi connects .. This happens every time, I restart the phone. But once done , no issues in connecting or disconnecting.

Any help appreciated. I am new to this forum and please let me know, if any data needs to be provided from my end to help fix this issue.

PS: This issue, has stopped me from trying the 4.2.1 ROM's as it is eating up my 3G mobile data connection.

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
Did you do a full wipe 'after' the first flash of the of CM10 ROM? Alternatively, a workaround might be to set a manual IP instead of relying on DHCP.

Hi All

I am using the Galaxy Note 2 international model. I am trying the CM 10.1 nightly ROM's and other ROM's like HyperdroidJBX V2.0. They are cool roms and I really like them, but the only problem I am facing is the Wifi connectivity issue. At any point of time, when I am turning on and selecting my home Wifi connection, it stays on 'Obtaining IP address' or some other message, but never gets connected. This is the same issue, I faced even in 4.1.2 versions, but I had a work around as follows. Now, I don't know , how to do that in 4.2.1 ROM's.

Open dial pad and dial *#0011* and then chose Wifi from Menu. Turn off the button which is currently 'on' and the Wifi connects .. This happens every time, I restart the phone. But once done , no issues in connecting or disconnecting.

Any help appreciated. I am new to this forum and please let me know, if any data needs to be provided from my end to help fix this issue.

PS: This issue, has stopped me from trying the 4.2.1 ROM's as it is eating up my 3G mobile data connection.

Reactions: deeptimanpanda
Jan 3, 2013
Did you do a full wipe 'after' the first flash of the of CM10 ROM? Alternatively, a workaround might be to set a manual IP instead of relying on DHCP.

I have done a complete Wipe , even cleared the entire Internal memory.

So are you suggesting me to change the settings of the wireless router?

My question was more towards, if anyone else is finding the same issue .

Do you want any further information from my end?

Is there a way to manually refresh the wifi connection like I used to do in 4.1.2 by dialling *#0011*?

Appreciate your help and time.

palimpa

Jul 21, 2012
I think about buying a Note II N7100 and would like to know, if it is possible to buy a Note II N7100 with different hardware specs.
Actually I have a Galaxy S 1 and there are several hardware configurations available (slow chips and fast chips inside). I have a SGS 1
with slow chips inside and if I buy a Note II N7100, I would like to buy one with fast chips inside, if possible.

karlada

Aug 14, 2012
Beirut
messed flash animation and no bootscreen

i have a messed up flashscreen (Attached picture) and no bootscreen, when i flash any custom rom on my phone! can u help in anyway?

Attachments

• IMG-20130207-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20130207-WA0006.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 56

DidiMcBurger

Dec 2, 2012
RE: N7100 hardware

I think about buying a Note II N7100 and would like to know, if it is possible to buy a Note II N7100 with different hardware specs.
Actually I have a Galaxy S 1 and there are several hardware configurations available (slow chips and fast chips inside). I have a SGS 1
with slow chips inside and if I buy a Note II N7100, I would like to buy one with fast chips inside, if possible.

Well, i'm no pro when it comes to developing and stuff with phones, but if you do decide to buy the note 2, i can tell you that its a hell of a good phone. The phone cant be bought with any kind of better hardware, i think. Well except that you can buy the phone with different amount of internal storage. 16, 32 and 64gb, but i am not sure if that is only the US model or if you can actually get it on the international as well. I've had the phone for a few months now, and i can say that you dont need any better hardware than what is on the phone already. The note 2 is one of the fastest phones on the market now so, yeah. You wont need it. ;) and i can asure u that its a lot faster than the SGS 1. I deeply recommend you to buy this phone, its totally worth it.:laugh:

cjtk

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, I am using an international 7105. I am having problems to bring up the buddy page for S pen and audio. They used to work, then I rooted the phone and installed a custom rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093080

Now pulling out the s pen doesn't bring up the buddy page anymore. I have turned it on under the display setting, I am also using the touchwiz launcher rather than a third part launcher, I can't think of anything else to try. Anyone can help?

jorseno

Feb 8, 2013
unlocking my galaxy note 2

I have tried to unlock my galaxy note 2 using the forums here ... I have tried through the menu process by dialing *#197328640# and proceeding through the process ...
unfortunately when I hit back, I never receive option [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ...

can anyone help me?

Canada phone, rogers network ... I am now in the US and I have a $700 paperwieght ... my us carrier is verizon wireless ...

is there another way to unlock my phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"