[Q] [Noob] Kitkat for Xperia P with locked bootloader in the near future ?

Search This thread

dejan_bin_laden

Jan 27, 2014
Hey guys, i am new here but reading for last few weeks, i was ios user but now got hold of xperia P from sony and very pleased with the phone.
I read and learned how to root,cwm and flash custom rom. Learned how to check is bootloader unlockable or not.
So my Xperia says No for bootloader which means that i can do everything except flash custom kernels ??? correct me if i am wrong !?
I flashed Honami custom 4.1.2 and it works great but i want kitkat 4.4, but as far as i see, its available only with custom kernel (which i cant flash !?).
So tell me could i expect in near future kitkat for stock kernel or do i sell this phone which i se great by the way ??!?!

Thx, and apologiez if there is similiar thread or wrong subforum. No hate please

Dejan

SRV Rockable

Jul 13, 2013
Nope.. You can't have custom kitkat on you phone with locked boatloader because it uses custom kernel...so, You can only flash roms that are based on stock rom...! :(

But there are some people claiming that they managed to unlock their bootloader despite it says no.. So, You could check those threads... But I don't recommend that as it could harm your phone.. :)

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dejan_bin_laden

dejan_bin_laden

Jan 27, 2014
Nope.. You can't have custom kitkat on you phone with locked boatloader because it uses custom kernel...so, You can only flash roms that are based on stock rom...! :(

But there are some people claiming that they managed to unlock their bootloader despite it says no.. So, You could check those threads... But I don't recommend that as it could harm your phone.. :)

What is the worse thing that could happen, i already had soft-brick and i fixed with pccomapnion software, could it be unrepairable ?

SRV Rockable

Jul 13, 2013
Actually I don't know... But it could get hard brick because you are doing what your phone is not capable of.. so... It's up to you to decide whether try it or not...

Reactions: dejan_bin_laden

ilgreco112

Jul 5, 2009
Liège

yes but Sources have leaked so won't it be possible to have a stock rom on Kitkat ?

or even use a newer phone kitkat on our XP like XPZ1 ?

SRV Rockable

Jul 13, 2013
I don't think we can run any custom kernel on locked boatloader..! That's why we cannot run kitkat on our phone with locked boatloader.. But I am just sharing my own view.. Because I really don't know if it is possible! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually I don't know... But it could get hard brick because you are doing what your phone is not capable of.. so... It's up to you to decide whether try it or not...